PDA

View Full Version : Matchs in Croker

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kildare Lad
19/11/2006, 2:15 PM
Right lads, eh does anyone know anything aboot the matchs in Croke park yet regarding tickets?? Like when they go on sale, price and how difficult would they be to get??

With it being the 1st match in croke park id imagine it would be very hard to get tickets, but then again it can hold 75,000 people............

highlight100
19/11/2006, 3:51 PM
The Star reported on friday that an announcement would be made this week with block bookers etc being looked after first,ticket prices will be from 50 euro to 70 euro

Schumi
20/11/2006, 11:47 AM
It's a racing certainty that the tickets will be grouped; if you want one, you'll have to buy them all. Imagine the crowd at the Cyprus game otherwise.:eek:

Bluetonic
20/11/2006, 3:02 PM
if you want one, you'll have to buy them all

I wouldn't imagine this to be the case at all, I'd imagine Wales & Slovakia will be one package and Germany & Cyprus will be another separate package.

Dawn_Run
20/11/2006, 3:04 PM
With bigger capacity on the way in the new lansdowne - I can see them clearing the block booking waiting list starting with the croker games. Again, grouping the matches, if you dont buy them you are out of the scheme. Usual craic.

I expect tickets to be upwards of 50 yo yo's too! Big difference when you are buying tix for three matches all in the one go.

Schumi
20/11/2006, 3:16 PM
I wouldn't imagine this to be the case at all, I'd imagine Wales & Slovakia will be one package and Germany & Cyprus will be another separate package.You're probably right actually, I thought Germany was the second last home game.

Dawn_Run
20/11/2006, 3:20 PM
You're probably right actually, I thought Germany was the second last home game.

Another defeat and we are out of it for sure. If they are to at the very least break even - they will need hefty attendances in croker which wont happen if we cant qualify. Could they (would they) batch the lot of them together?

Schumi
20/11/2006, 3:30 PM
I'd hope that Germany would be a big enough draw to sell enough tickets for a two game package. It'd be a pain having to shell out for four games in one go.

SuperDave
20/11/2006, 6:54 PM
With bigger capacity on the way in the new lansdowne - I can see them clearing the block booking waiting list starting with the croker games. Again, grouping the matches, if you dont buy them you are out of the scheme. Usual craic.

I expect tickets to be upwards of 50 yo yo's too! Big difference when you are buying tix for three matches all in the one go.

what length is the block booking waiting list? does anyone know? I'm sure I'll be offered tickets for the croke games (they can't help but send me forms for every single friendly game even now. who wants to pay €50 to watch Ireland v China?) but with the requirements in the new lansdowne (lets face it, wanderers rugby club need bought off with a few, I'm sure the residents (aka touts, if croker is anything to go by) will be thrown a few thousand to shut up, and a larger proportion of the new capacity is in boxes and whatnot) i'm not sure if they'll be able to clear out the list. Anyone know? (i've been on the list for about two years as it is. Does anyone know the standard wait time on the current list? I'd heard about 7 years.)

Dawn_Run
21/11/2006, 9:53 AM
I sent an app a few months back and i was number 1249 on the list or something. Easliy cleared.

elroy
21/11/2006, 12:17 PM
I sent an app a few months back and i was number 1249 on the list or something. Easliy cleared.

I've been on it almost 2 years and was told recently i was number 1330.

pete
21/11/2006, 12:44 PM
The FAI should reserve some tickets for those who attended the B International before they put on general release.

paul_oshea
21/11/2006, 1:52 PM
i put my name on it about a year ago, and i sent an email 3 days ago to find out why I never received tickets for the holland game, after they were packaged with another, and having paid for them, and i still haven't got a reply.

Collyontour
21/11/2006, 3:38 PM
what length is the block booking waiting list? does anyone know? I'm sure I'll be offered tickets for the croke games (they can't help but send me forms for every single friendly game even now. who wants to pay €50 to watch Ireland v China?) but with the requirements in the new lansdowne (lets face it, wanderers rugby club need bought off with a few, I'm sure the residents (aka touts, if croker is anything to go by) will be thrown a few thousand to shut up, and a larger proportion of the new capacity is in boxes and whatnot) i'm not sure if they'll be able to clear out the list. Anyone know? (i've been on the list for about two years as it is. Does anyone know the standard wait time on the current list? I'd heard about 7 years.)

I've been on the waiting list a couple of years as well and I'm around 1200 on the list. I'd say that the everyone on the list will be ok for Croker but who knows when we move back to Landsdowne. From what I gather there's going to be a lot of planning objections along the way so it could be a while before that happens.

republicofwhite
21/11/2006, 5:08 PM
Sounds childlike but cant wait to see what it looks like on telly...Ireland playing at home...in a world class stadium...NEVER!

casso36
22/11/2006, 9:08 AM
I'm on the list at 2814th, i am sure i'll be ok for corker games but new landsdowne road, could be screwed for that unless i purchase a 10 year ticket!!

NeilMcD
22/11/2006, 10:21 AM
So to sum up

Packages will likely be

Wales/Slovakia

Germany/Cyprus

Tickets priced €50/70

Tickets offered to Block bookers first and then waiting list. That will look after probably about 40,000 tickets. Hard to know what they will do with the remaining 35,000 tickets.

Again if you dont take tickets for every home game you will lose your place on the list.

gspain
22/11/2006, 12:11 PM
There will have to be a public sale.

There will be increased demand from sponsors, clubs, leagues etc as well. More tickets have to be reserved for away fans. GAA premium seat holders have rights on their tickets.

I still think it will sellout very quickly as demand for Wales will be massive.

loscherland
23/11/2006, 12:24 PM
what length is the block booking waiting list? does anyone know?

I only got off my hole & got on it a few weeks ago & I'm 4100ish - So there's at least 4k plus on it now

paul_oshea
23/11/2006, 12:47 PM
how do you find what number you are on it? email is it? info@fai.ie?

the bastids never got back to me!!

eirebhoy
23/11/2006, 1:36 PM
I only got off my hole & got on it a few weeks ago & I'm 4100ish - So there's at least 4k plus on it now
Ther's over 5,000 on the list.

Bluetonic
23/11/2006, 2:31 PM
Since they went 'official' on their website that there is a waiting list they've had a few 1000 more additions. The list used to be fairly static around the 1,000 to 1,500 people for a long time.

loscherland
23/11/2006, 3:22 PM
how do you find what number you are on it? email is it? info@fai.ie?

the bastids never got back to me!!

They sent out a letter confirming you've been added to the waiting list & are currently number xyz bla bla bla bla bla...

SuperDave
23/11/2006, 5:30 PM
PartyTime!! Sent them an e-mail yesterday:

>[Myname],
>
>Your current poistion on the waiting list is no.1,159 out of a total of
>over 5,000.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ticket Office

>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: [myname@myaddress.com]
>>Sent: 22 November 2006 10:07
>>To: FAI Ticket Office
>>Subject: Block Booking
>>
>>I am writing with just a general enquiry. I am currently on the block
>>booking waiting list and have been for about a year or two and am just
>>curious as to my position on the list. I don't have my number, but my
>>name is [myname] and my address is [myaddress]
>>
>>Many thanks,
>>[myname]
>>

paul_oshea
24/11/2006, 1:49 PM
seems like they like the wording of your email....they responded this time ;)

> Your current position on the waiting list is
> no.1,247 out of a total of
> over 5,000.
>
> As regards the tickets for the Holland fixture, they would have been
> sent out along with your tickets that you received for the Chile

they did not send out both tickets for the holland game though....

beautifulrock
24/11/2006, 8:30 PM
Paul, when did you join the list?

paul_oshea
25/11/2006, 1:23 PM
i cant really remember about a year ago me thinks, maybe a bit less....why? are you trying to work out for yourself where you were?

beautifulrock
25/11/2006, 8:56 PM
i cant really remember about a year ago me thinks, maybe a bit less....why? are you trying to work out for yourself where you were?

yes, was 1200ish the last time i asked which was early this year. I will not bother them again and will keep my fingers crossed for Croker but am hopeful I am high enough up the list by now. I reckon I am on the waiting list close to 3 years.

SuperDave
26/11/2006, 5:37 PM
yes, was 1200ish the last time i asked which was early this year. I will not bother them again and will keep my fingers crossed for Croker but am hopeful I am high enough up the list by now. I reckon I am on the waiting list close to 3 years.

it's obviously exploded lately then if that's the case. i was told it was approaching a couple of thousand when i joined.

Kingdom
27/11/2006, 9:07 AM
I feel I've gone backwards on the list. I sent them an email this morning and I was told I was in the 1230-1250 (not giving exact number - I'm paranoid ) but I thought I was in the 1100's the last time I checked so was expecting better tbh,.

eirebhoy
27/11/2006, 9:45 AM
I feel I've gone backwards on the list. I sent them an email this morning and I was told I was in the 1230-1250 (not giving exact number - I'm paranoid ) but I thought I was in the 1100's the last time I checked so was expecting better tbh,.
Did you take up all the friendly tickets they offered you?

RogerMilla
27/11/2006, 9:50 AM
i am at about 1,950 on the list , or i was a few months back
anyone know when the letters will come offering croker tickets ?

Kingdom
27/11/2006, 10:12 AM
Did you take up all the friendly tickets they offered you?

Yeah, I've never declined any offer of tickets. I'm aware that declination(!) of tickets will result in you dropping off/down the list.

OwlsFan
27/11/2006, 10:25 AM
Got my Block Booking Form in this am:

4 choices

Upper Cusack/Hogan
Upper Davin (Canal) = €50.00

Lower Cusack/Hogan = €70.00
Lower Davin (canal) = €50.00

Premium (very limited) €85.00

paul_oshea
27/11/2006, 10:30 AM
if someone does get a form and they are on the block-booking waiting list, can they post here, as i live in london and my parents aren't the best at realising what an FAI letter is as opposed to any other letter ;)

Kingdom
27/11/2006, 11:25 AM

4 choices

Upper Cusack/Hogan

Any offer of a singing section? And while I'm at it those tickets prices are a load of ****. What they are equating these matches in Croker to is an All-Ireland final. Wonder what the price of the Hill for the visitors will be? I doubt Slovakia will use up 7,200 tickets so will spares go on general sale?

Schumi
27/11/2006, 12:27 PM
€50? That's a 67% increase for cheapest ticket. :eek:

Kingdom
27/11/2006, 12:43 PM
It may seem petty but those prices are very unfair. I'll have to pay €100 up front if I want to be in the singing section. Trollocks thats what it is. Do they not realise that they are doubling their attendence so why the inflated prices? I understand they've to give the GAA rent money but surely there's no need for that much of a rise.

soccerc
27/11/2006, 12:46 PM
Anyone buying or selling a ticket…?

And so the inevitable came to pass. Faced with double the capacity at Croke Park, the FAI decided not to halve the ticket price but to effectively double them. They will no doubt have their arguments, but without even having heard them I can tell you that they are flawed.

http://www.chatsoccer.eu/blog/?p=29

aidz1
27/11/2006, 12:49 PM

4 choices

Upper Cusack/Hogan

owlsfan
were you on the block booking scheme already or on the waiting list??

OwlsFan
27/11/2006, 3:08 PM
One of the first on the Block Booking Scheme - in the 2000s.

Also the tickets are for 4 games so it's a fair whack to stump up.

eirebhoy
27/11/2006, 3:26 PM
You'd get a season ticket at any EL club the price of 4 international games.

paul_oshea
27/11/2006, 4:09 PM
hte 4 tickets? is that 2 tickets as well?

thats 400 euro minimum so.....that is tough. but if they get it all at once they can worry about the backlash afterwards....

Superhoops
27/11/2006, 8:11 PM
May be wrong, but I seem to remember the first Block Booking scheme starting for the 1990 WC Qualifying group with the game against Spain in April 1989? I have the ticket stubs somewhere, but I certainly sat in the same seat in the East Upper for the Spain, Malta, Hungary and Northern Ireland games.

co. down green
27/11/2006, 9:44 PM

Payment will be in two parts.

Wales & Slovak's & then a later payment for the Germany & Cyprus games.

No mention of the singing section in my letter , very disappointing.

The FAI have obviously went off the idea of a singing section or the tossers would have included some mention of it, i presume.

May be wrong, but I seem to remember the first Block Booking scheme starting for the 1990 WC Qualifying group with the game against Spain in April 1989? I have the ticket stubs somewhere, but I certainly sat in the same seat in the East Upper for the Spain, Malta, Hungary and Northern Ireland games.

I've been a block booker since 92 and it was going before i joined.

Bluetonic
28/11/2006, 8:05 AM

I'm pretty sure he means his block booking number is in the 2000s (2000 - 2999)

beautifulrock
28/11/2006, 8:38 AM
Thats the way I read it as well. Can any other "waiting listers" confirm they have also been offered tickets ?

Schumi
28/11/2006, 11:12 AM
I'm a full block booker and haven't got a letter yet.

Sligo Hornet
28/11/2006, 11:12 AM
Thats the way I read it as well. Can any other "waiting listers" confirm they have also been offered tickets ?

I'm on the waiting list ( but not very near the front! ) but I haven't heard anything from the Fai............yet!:o

OwlsFan
28/11/2006, 11:29 AM
I'm pretty sure he means his block booking number is in the 2000s (2000 - 2999)

Correct :)