to guarantee the title in front of over
1,000 travelling supporters.

haha more like 550-600 :rolleyes:

Dj Duffer
19/11/2006, 10:38 AM
Ya there was no way it was 1000 anyway!

depor
19/11/2006, 11:49 PM
i think it was close to a 1000 alright lads, they had half the east stand and they packed that, and they also had the north terrace where they had big numbers too. the north terrace wasnt packed like the stand but that terrace would take thousands to fill. and besides i was talking to a comittee member half an hour before KO and they said that in a 5 minute interval there were 250 through the stiles and still coming strong.
its more than most clubs would bring.

don ramo
20/11/2006, 1:37 AM
does anyone know how many attended the game must have benn around the 2000 mark id say:eek:

Irish Fan
20/11/2006, 9:38 AM
I dont think we will ever able to find out the official attendence since the rovers fans kick threw the gate and barged into the game for free!!

nismo
20/11/2006, 12:08 PM
a rovers fan told me they had 600 MAX

drinkfeckarse
20/11/2006, 12:42 PM
haha more like 550-600 :rolleyes:

Why the roll eyes? Even if it was "only" 550-600 it's still a massive support to bring halfway down the country.

nismo
20/11/2006, 1:03 PM
rolling eyes was about the 1000

Dj Duffer
20/11/2006, 3:25 PM
I dont think we will ever able to find out the official attendence since the rovers fans kick threw the gate and barged into the game for free!!

Did that seriously happen? What a disgrace if it did..

nismo
20/11/2006, 4:47 PM
yes it did,they kicked in the big gate,it was like cows stampeeding

sniffa
20/11/2006, 4:53 PM
Why the roll eyes? Even if it was "only" 550-600 it's still a massive support to bring halfway down the country.

Halfway down the country??????:confused:
Did you not see the harbour wall.:D

depor
20/11/2006, 10:10 PM
id have to agree with DFA, even if it was only 600 it is still good.

and theres a bit of truth about them nutters bursting there way in the gate, when it happened i was down with the chairman at the other end when he was told by a club member that about 100 to 150 walked in through the large gate. it is thought that one of the stewards let them in(it might have been one of the temporary security personnel):confused:

Irish Fan
21/11/2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah defo did happen now the rovers lads are even having a great laugh about it now on there forum. See below.....

"The Gate incident was a real example of why these provincial clubs would be out of their depth in the Premier. Stewarding at its most naivest. I was on the terrace when it happened. The first steward was standing behind the gate just before kick-off when the banging on the gate started. Understandable in that there was only one fcukin turnstile open to cater for the hooped hordes. Anyway, the commander-in-chief of the stewards comes over to talk with the gate steward who was beginning to look very nervous. I couldn't believe what happened then. The head guy in his wisdom opens the gate a bit to have a peep out at the crowd. And any gob****e could see what would be the consequence of this. The crowd mills through like rats out of a trap. It was comical, although someone could have been seriously injured. The two stewards eventually forced the gate closed. You should have seen the colour of their faces, they were both visibly shaken. Cobhs inexperience at dealing with large crowds was the cause here. Minnowism.
koh"

Hooligans the lot of them!!!

don ramo
21/11/2006, 1:43 PM
the only crowd i the country who bahave like animals is rovers the security was no more slack than at any ground in the country, this is undiniable evidence of the absolute scumbag element in the rovers supprot, i realy feel sorry for the fans who behave, and take pitty one there club for have morons like that for fans,:mad: i heard it happened but wasnt sure as a lot of rumour circulated that day, but to actually post it on a forum and boast about it that is the sign of tne itelegence of these idiots, :mad:

depor
21/11/2006, 11:34 PM
the fact of the matter is that the so-called inexpierience of ramblers which they are referring to had nothing to do with it because the security was a hired company (who have to be trained for such things)who were employed by the club because everybody knows about the bad element in rovers support. i was just a mistake to open the gate, maybe the individual wasnt working long for them.

and another thing that blows their comments out of the water is that these security people are well used to large crowds because they are also employed to steward our neighbours games (cork city) who are one of the biggest supported clubs in the country and have far bigger crowds than rovers.

and at the end of the day, it doesnt project a good image of rovers when clubs are fearful of their property when they come to visit. its a shame about the minority.