PDA

View Full Version : Result: Bray Wanderers 2 - 3 Cork City

Neil
26/10/2002, 7:29 AM
citynet (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/)

Cork City break away duck

Bray Wanderers: Colm Tresson 45, Zayed 65;
Cork City: Daniel Murray 35, George O'Callaghan 51, Billy Woods 58.

Defender Dan Murray continues his impressive start to his loan spell, scoring the opener after 35 minutes. The Peterborough man's stay on Leeside has been increased to the end of the season. Colm Tresson equalised for Bray just before half-time.
George O'Callaghan put City back in front six minutes into the second period. Just seven minutes later, City grabbed a third through Billy Woods. The goals continued to fly in, when Bray got another goal back on 65 minutes, but it wasn't enough to stop Cork City from earning their first away win of the season.

Troy.McClure
26/10/2002, 12:26 PM
When are the "I saw City win away 02/03" t-shirts going on sale? :D

Billy's goal (or J'OF's set up should I say) was class. To p!ss around Wes Charles like that shows that he isnt lacking in confidance, what a filck! (Seeing as it prob wont show up on tv3 very well, it was like Redondo's nutmeg on Gary Neville(?) in the Man U V Madrid match 3 years ago that got goal of the year in the CL). Billy's finish was great aswell, the keeper had no chance.:)

ccfcman
26/10/2002, 12:27 PM
anybody at the match.i was clinging on 4 dear life (good old aertel)
**1 thing that ive noticed that tv3's and rte's coverage of eircom league matches:both put their weekly round up of matches at shockingly bad time 1130pm!

Éanna
27/10/2002, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
tv3's and rte's coverage of eircom league matches:both put their weekly round up of matches at shockingly bad time 1130pm!
I didn´t think RTE did a round-up anymore :confused:

eoinh
27/10/2002, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman

**1 thing that ive noticed that tv3's and rte's coverage of eircom league matches:both put their weekly round up of matches at shockingly bad time 1130pm!

i see because its a bank holiday that this mondays programme is on at 10.55pm!

Éanna
28/10/2002, 9:23 AM
while the tv3 time isn´t perfect, it´s still miles better than what RTE had to offer. It´s a dedicated programme at a fixed time. It´s a good start at least.

niamh
29/10/2002, 1:56 PM
Agree with you there. It is a start. And they have a presenter that knows what he is on about, and likes what he is on about.

Éanna
29/10/2002, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by niamh
It is a start. And they have a presenter that knows what he is on about, and likes what he is on about.
ah peter collins wasn´t too bad..................:rolleyes: :)

eoinh
29/10/2002, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

ah peter collins wasn´t too bad..................:rolleyes: :)

yeah, at formula 1.

btw what does formula one and totenham hotspur have in common?

rich young nancy boys going round in circles!