PDA

View Full Version : End of Season Review

pete
18/11/2006, 2:15 PM
4th in the league has to be a disappointment. Dublin City folding has been very bad for us as deprieved us of at least 3 points extra than Derry & 2 more than Drogs.

If Derry win the cup we get Setanta & Inter Toto Cup football next season.

Ultimately defeats in Bray & too many draws away from home cost us. The plus points were we had best record of the games against the top 4 teams & superb unbeated home record. Even for all our troubles & apparent average players we showed against Shels last week can beat the best.

Crowds were down but we are also unmatched in getting numbers out for big games. Only Derry may possibly have better average crowds.

Next season is step into the unknown with new owners imminent. If Roy O'Donovan can continue form of last 2 months next season anything can happen.

dancinpants
19/11/2006, 7:12 PM
4th in the league has to be a disappointment. Dublin City folding has been very bad for us as deprieved us of at least 3 points extra than Derry & 2 more than Drogs.

Was Corks goal difference better than Drogs? If not even if the Dublin City points were re-instated ye'd still have finished fourth.

If Derry win the cup we get Setanta & Inter Toto Cup football next season.

Better tell Dunnocks. He thinks its going to Pats if we win the cup.

The plus points were we had best record of the games against the top 4 teams

One point is hardly significant. Cork, Derry and Shels all had 3 wins against top 4 opposition. Cork had 4 draws in comparison to Shels and Derrys 3.

Crowds were down but we are also unmatched in getting numbers out for big games. Only Derry may possibly have better average crowds.

I think ye still averaged higher than us, not by much but still higher.

I really hope its Derry and Cork goin' for it next season again. Really galls me to see Shels win that title.

pete
19/11/2006, 9:32 PM
Was Corks goal difference better than Drogs? If not even if the Dublin City points were re-instated ye'd still have finished fourth.

Significantly better goal difference. Drogs had draw 1 point from 1 game against DC. We got 6 points from 2 games. Even if they won their other game we would still be up 2 points. In the same way we would have been 3 points closer to you.

It was my understanding that cannot qualify for the Setanta Cup as a runner up. I'm open to correction if anyone can find link.

One point is hardly significant. Cork, Derry and Shels all had 3 wins against top 4 opposition. Cork had 4 draws in comparison to Shels and Derrys 3.

1 extra point would have won ye the league.

I really hope its Derry and Cork goin' for it next season again. Really galls me to see Shels win that title.

I agree. Was looking at highlights from 2005 season finale on youtube earlier & you could not find a greater contrast to drab Shels v Bohs this season.

A face
19/11/2006, 9:44 PM

No, its top two and FAI and League Cup winners.

Derry are there already with League Cup, so if they win the FAI cup it wont count. Pats wont go instead because it has to be winners. So thats Shels Drogs and us if Derry win the FAI cup.

You are havin' a laugh yeah?? :p

I think ye still averaged higher than us, not by much but still higher.

Our attendance was brutal this year, hopefully back to normal next year.

I really hope its Derry and Cork goin' for it next season again.

Definitely !! :ball: