PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk match called off

Louth4sam
18/11/2006, 1:09 PM
TONIGHT'S FINN HARPS V DUNDALK MATCH HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO WATERLOGGED PITCH. MATCH HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR 3PM SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

What a joke. Cant believe in this day and age we are still having games called off due to waterlogged pitches. If we do finish 2nd thats another days rest for waterford while we will have to play 3 games in a week

gael353
18/11/2006, 1:31 PM
What a joke. Cant believe in this day and age we are still having games called off due to waterlogged pitches.

this joke isnt funny anymore :rolleyes: trying to highlight yer all weather plastic christmas three pitch i take it. While it is ****e that the game has been called off, its been ****ing down buckets on the west coast for the last two days as well as roads been closed off all over the place and i just hear on the news that the road between donegal and ballyboffey is trecherous due to heavy snowfall...ye'll be lucky to get it played tomorrow

Raheny Red
18/11/2006, 1:51 PM
TONIGHT'S FINN HARPS V DUNDALK MATCH HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO WATERLOGGED PITCH. MATCH HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR 3PM SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

What a joke. Cant believe in this day and age we are still having games called off due to waterlogged pitches. If we do finish 2nd thats another days rest for waterford while we will have to play 3 games in a week

We just get John Delaney's magic wand to get rid of those bad, dark rain clouds shall we? :rolleyes:

Demoshield
18/11/2006, 2:01 PM
does anybody know if it is in the "rulebook" that all final day games have to be played at the same time? Can who ever looses out between Dundalk and Galway for the play off spot take to the courts and have the lot replayed as you could argue that one would have a serious advantage over the other???

Louth4sam
18/11/2006, 2:02 PM
We just get John Delaney's magic wand to get rid of those bad, dark rain clouds shall we? :rolleyes:

Nah just get ollie byrne to take them to court

Raheny Red
18/11/2006, 2:05 PM
Nah just get ollie byrne to take them to court

He'd beat mother nature hands down :cool:

Louth4sam
18/11/2006, 2:07 PM
does anybody know if it is in the "rulebook" that all final day games have to be played at the same time? Can who ever looses out between Dundalk and Galway for the play off spot take to the courts and have the lot replayed as you could argue that one would have a serious advantage over the other???

Neither team would get an advantage. If Galway fail to win that means Dundalk are second. If Galway win then Dundalk must win.

Louth4sam
18/11/2006, 2:10 PM
this joke isnt funny anymore :rolleyes: trying to highlight yer all weather plastic christmas three pitch i take it. tomorrow

I wasnt trying to highlight our new pitch cos even with our grass pitch we hardly ever had games called off due a waterlogged pitch. It really messes up our chances now in both the match against harps and then the play off if we beat harps

Gerrit
18/11/2006, 5:43 PM
Does anyone know if there's busses from Belfast to Ballybofey and back on Sunday? Would be interested in attending this game, but obviously need to be back before the night falls, I'm expected at work Monday 7.00 AM :(

Celdrog
18/11/2006, 10:42 PM
I wasnt trying to highlight our new pitch cos even with our grass pitch we hardly ever had games called off due a waterlogged pitch. It really messes up our chances now in both the match against harps and then the play off if we beat harps
Makes no odds anyway, you're still not going to the premier league . :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
19/11/2006, 8:24 AM
A few years ago there was a big cup game scheduled to take place cross channel involving a Non-League team and a Premiership team. The clubs concerned escape me right now, suffice to say, the non-League club was at home. The game was due to be shown live on the weekend on BBC.
The weather was like this past week bucketing down.

The club contacted the RAF who got two of their helicopters to fly over the field very low for an hour or so the day before the game. The updraft caused by the rotors caused some of the surface water to evaporate and the match took place. This game will have a huge bearing ( theoretically) on who plays in the Premier next season. The FAI should pay the Irish Air Corps to provide a similar service in this instance.

Has nobody heard of drainage in Donegal?

Terry
19/11/2006, 8:27 AM
the best drainage around wouldnt shift have of what fell over the past couple of days, anyone know if even the math will be played today? If so the pitch will be in a really bad way I would expect?

CollegeTillIDie
19/11/2006, 10:23 AM
the best drainage around wouldnt shift have of what fell over the past couple of days, anyone know if even the math will be played today? If so the pitch will be in a really bad way I would expect?

Well if what you say is true , why don't EL clubs have covers for their pitches like they do at Wimbledon for example?

sniffa
19/11/2006, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=
Has nobody heard of drainage in Donegal?[/QUOTE]

Surely with Donegal being so far up the top of the country, that the gravitational pull would drain the water naturally down to the bottom of the country.;) ;)

fbtn
19/11/2006, 11:32 AM
It has been absolutely pishing down here for days. How the hell can we do anything about that?

Hasn't really stopped raining since last night so surprised it is going to go ahead today.

dcfcsteve
20/11/2006, 11:47 AM
He'd beat mother nature hands down :cool:

In a bar room brawl anyways, the fat convict..... :o

dcfcsteve
20/11/2006, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know if there's busses from Belfast to Ballybofey and back on Sunday? Would be interested in attending this game, but obviously need to be back before the night falls, I'm expected at work Monday 7.00 AM :(

You wouldn't even get a bus one way from Ballyboffey to Derry at that time on any night, let alone factoring in Belfast, a Sunday and a return trip !