PDA

View Full Version : Bray 1 Rovers 1

Redzer
18/11/2006, 9:02 AM
From FAI website:

Bray Wanderers 1 – 1 Sligo Rovers
Georgescu 22 Burns 56

Down to ten men after 39 minutes when Nigerian striker Choice Aisien was sent off, Sligo Rovers gave new boss Rob McDonald reason for hope when his side came battling back to earn a deserved draw against Bray Wanderers at the Carlisle Grounds.

That ended a sequence of five league defeats for the Westerners and meant they finish fifth in the Premier Division on their first season back in the top flight.

Bray opened their account on 22 minutes when Romanian striker Andrei Georgescu slotted home an angled shot from 12 yards past goalkeeper John O'Hara for his seventh league goal of the season.

The opportunity came after the opening had been created by an intricate passing movement between midfielder Paul Caffrey and veteran Kieran 'Tarzan' O'Brien.

The Westerners then suffered a major set-back when Aisien was red-carded six minutes before the interval by Dublin referee Paul Tuite for raising his hand and appearing to strike Bray defender Chris Deans.

But even down to ten men, Sligo showed fighting spirit when grabbing an equaliser on 55 minutes.

An inswinging corner by Bosnian winger Fahrudin Kudozovic on the left was missed by the Bray defence to allow central defender Liam Burns to head home from close range.

Bray Wanderers: Rogers; Ivory, Deans, Tresson, D.Tyrrell; O'Shea, Caffrey, Fox, Broderick (Manley 71); Georgescu, O'Brien (James 63).

Sligo Rovers: O'Hara; Peers, McKenzie, Burns, Foy (Kelly 27); Hughes (Mulligan 45) ,Curran, O'Grady, Kudozovic; Aisien, McTiernan.

Referee: Mr. P. Tuite (Dublin)

Rory H
18/11/2006, 10:03 AM
it was a good display in robs first game in charge..their goal came from nothing...when i say nothing i mean the referee:p they say these things even themselves out..do they!?

choice..as funny was it was hearing him explain himself was very stupid...should have enough about him not to react to being provoked...

it was an excellent fightback and we should have won really..burnsy trademark end of season goal was a welcome sight...

happy to get 5th and looking forward to seeing what rob can do in pre season players wise

sligoman
18/11/2006, 10:12 AM
It was 12(11 + Ref) Vs. 10 in Bray's favour for most of the game:mad:.

DonalE
18/11/2006, 11:35 AM
Well dont to the referee who managed to cut out O'Gradys pass and set up Georgescu for yet another goal against us. Well done to Burnsy with another end of season goal,got us that point we were looking for. Picked up another few injuries last night; Foy, Hughes and I presume McKenzie was too but didnt see him struggling. The 3 young subs did well when they came on so that looks good for the future.

1 9 2 8
18/11/2006, 12:37 PM
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire

DonalE
18/11/2006, 12:40 PM
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire

Great shout,i only just thought of singing that when i got back on to the bus! Are we Ajax in disguise was good too!

sligoman
18/11/2006, 12:47 PM
"We want our tree back"

then...

"We got our tree back"

:D

superfrank
18/11/2006, 1:20 PM
Was very impressed with the number of yez that made it up. The Santa costumes were a great idea.

As for the match....well it's not one for the memory anyway. Fairly even, imo.

Only1Rovers
18/11/2006, 2:27 PM
did we paly 4-3-3?

Rory H
18/11/2006, 2:35 PM
it was 4-1-2-1-2

hughes started on the left for some reason..i was impressed rob knew all their name already!

Only1Rovers
18/11/2006, 2:37 PM
I'm likeing it.... Choice top scorer 4 next season, Get on it.. I'm going to the bookies now.

Seagull
18/11/2006, 2:48 PM
It was 12(11 + Ref) Vs. 10 in Bray's favour for most of the game:mad:.

Lads, Paul Tuite was reffing, yous were abusing the wrong man!

sligoman
18/11/2006, 2:53 PM
Lads, Paul Tuite was reffing, yous were abusing the wrong man!I never mentioned his name, just refered to him as "baldy *******":cool:

:D.

Shedzer
18/11/2006, 5:25 PM
I'm likeing it.... Choice top scorer 4 next season, Get on it.. I'm going to the bookies now.

id wipe me arse with the slip you get and puy on money that he'l never play again:cool:

deecay
18/11/2006, 5:46 PM
paul here,such a flare

Rovers1
18/11/2006, 6:02 PM
dunno why theyre illegal....there such fun! :D

Red4Eva
18/11/2006, 8:18 PM
paul here,such a flare

i'll defo buy a few next year. if any1 asks i told the pig to f*ck himself. did any1 get a picture of the flare?

another great display of officiating from paul cheat. o'connor defo handled outside the box and a few of the offside decisons were laughable. delighted burnsy got his annual end of season goal and also his annual player of the season award. looks like faz finally got his confidence back, he's been shooting from everywhere past few games. even though it wasn't a great game is good craic

sligoman
18/11/2006, 11:31 PM
did any1 get a picture of the flare?Theirs a few uploaded on Bebo. I'll upload them to photobucket for ya. I'll edit this post when I've it done.

EDIT: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/sligoman/Rovflare-3.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/sligoman/Rovflare-2.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/sligoman/Rovflare-1.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/sligoman/Rovflare.jpg

Da Real Rover
19/11/2006, 5:11 PM
poor enough game, but was great craic again, dancing around the christmas tree, :D (with the bus driver)

The Stars
19/11/2006, 7:38 PM
poor enough game, but was great craic again, dancing around the christmas tree, :D (with the bus driver)

ya was good fun...that tree is now in my house...gonna keep it forever.:p

Guts&Glory
20/11/2006, 12:36 PM
I hear there was an Ex Ajax youth/fringe first team player who is at the moment coaching in the states at the game on Friday with a view to a deal of combined coach and player role.

Cant say I saw him with any of the Santas though!!

The Stars
20/11/2006, 1:14 PM
Good stuff......i think thats what we need,players who have played against good oppposition,and who are comfortable playing the passing game.

SligoBrewer
23/11/2006, 5:57 PM
i'll defo buy a few next year. if any1 asks i told the pig to f*ck himself. did any1 get a picture of the flare?

another great display of officiating from paul cheat. o'connor defo handled outside the box and a few of the offside decisons were laughable. delighted burnsy got his annual end of season goal and also his annual player of the season award. looks like faz finally got his confidence back, he's been shooting from everywhere past few games. even though it wasn't a great game is good craic

iv got a pic of it on my phone. ill put it up soon