PDA

View Full Version : Well done Shels

Mr A
17/11/2006, 8:50 PM
You have to hand it to them, they've had loads of problems this year and there's been loads of controversy but in the end they won it and I feel deserved it.

It's a great achievement for Fenlon and his players, and may have saved Shels with the prize-money and Euro place.

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2006, 9:06 PM
Agree with you but Stuart Byrne's rant against Stephen Kenny has taken the gloss off the win a bit to say the least for further details see the rant thread .

pete
17/11/2006, 9:08 PM
Shels deserved to win even if they tried to throw away in last few weeks.

Shels have controvery every year so no change there.

Hopefully this leads to break up of the team so can't buy league every year.

Aaron
17/11/2006, 9:27 PM
Well done Shels won it on the pitch deserved it. But i begrudge the winners medal to the ****pot Stu Byrne. Wot a ****!!

BleusAvantTout
17/11/2006, 9:51 PM
Well done Shels and wee Pat Fenlon from all Bluemen!

Gerrit
17/11/2006, 9:54 PM
Nice to see Shels winning the league again, although I'm worried about the team that will enter the CL qualifiers... And somewhat you gotta feel for Derry, twice in a row so close to the trophy and missing out on it. But anyway, well done Shels!

The Sheliban
17/11/2006, 9:55 PM
Thanks for all that. Would have liked to have got there a little more easily - in the end it was a very close run thing.

Obviously, being at the match, I didn't hear Stuey's rant, but it is somewhat sad to see everyone jumping all over him for letting off a bit of a steam at the end of a very stressful game at the end of a very stressful season. And using it as an excuse to have yet another go at the club

The next few days / weeks / months will tell if this is really the end of a truly great 14 year era for the club. A lot of people have been having a go recently, but we've been putting it in year after year for so many years, and its nice to get a bit of credit for once.

Aaron
17/11/2006, 9:56 PM
Nice to see Shels winning the league again, although I'm worried about the team that will enter the CL qualifiers... And somewhat you gotta feel for Derry, twice in a row so close to the trophy and missing out on it. But anyway, well done Shels!

Will be interesting to see what team they have and who will be manager. If Fenlon does come i hope he brings Jason Byrne, him up front scoring tons of goals would have won us the league no problem this season.

The Sheliban
17/11/2006, 10:11 PM
Well done to Derry as well.

Must be gut-wrenching to lose the league twice on the trot on the final day. Good luck in the FAI Cup - you deserve it.

coislaoi
17/11/2006, 10:25 PM
Fair play to Shels for winning the league - there is no doubt that they deserved it. The team with the most points/better goal difference usually does. As much as I hate to say it 3 leagues in 4 years is a tremendous record in the modern era.

Obviously, being at the match, I didn't hear Stuey's rant, but it is somewhat sad to see everyone jumping all over him for letting off a bit of a steam at the end of a very stressful game at the end of a very stressful season. And using it as an excuse to have yet another go at the club

I was very disappointed with Stuey Byrne. He's my favourite player outside of my own club and is in the running for eircom league player of the year but he let himself down "big time" tonight. Tony O'Donoghue even gave him an opportunity to get away from his rant but he persisted. When he sees a recording of his interview he will cringe.

MrJoeSoap
18/11/2006, 1:54 AM
I was very disappointed with Stuey Byrne. He's my favourite player outside of my own club and is in the running for eircom league player of the year but he let himself down "big time" tonight. Tony O'Donoghue even gave him an opportunity to get away from his rant but he persisted. When he sees a recording of his interview he will cringe.

I don't think he will. He seemed so intent on getting his feelings across that it looks as though its something he's had boiling up inside him for a while. Stewie isn't normally that kinda guy, so there must be a lot more to this than meets the eye. It was a legendary interview in the sense that it will be remembered for a long, long time, much like the eL equivalent of Keegans legendary "love it" rant!

drummerboy
18/11/2006, 2:21 AM
Well done Shels. Lot of hard work rewarded. Sorry to hear about the rant. Time to sort the future out now.

hoopy
18/11/2006, 8:17 AM
Two years running now the best footballing side has won the league, maybe we have turned a corner in this Country. Obvious commiserations to Derry, must be hard to take losing the league on the last day 2 years running.

JC_GUFC
18/11/2006, 9:57 AM
Will be interesting to see what team they have and who will be manager. If Fenlon does come i hope he brings Jason Byrne, him up front scoring tons of goals would have won us the league no problem this season.

I don't know how he does it though. He did nothing last night. Crowe in my opinion is a far better striker than Jason Byrne.

Congratulations Shels - I think every year the standard gets better and better so this is probably the best team ever to win the league. Despite losing a host of players and having a tiny squad Cork are still the best footballing side in the league in my opinion and finished 4th this season!

Next year could be ever better if Bohs can join the mix.

micls
18/11/2006, 10:15 AM
Congrats Shels

harpskid
18/11/2006, 11:01 AM
You have to hand it to them, they've had loads of problems this year and there's been loads of controversy but in the end they won it and I feel deserved it.

I'd like to be able to say I agree, but nah won't happen ;) Begrudging cnut that I am I'll refrain from wishing them well :)

Although I'll congratulate Gareth on the title win - well done Gareth, enjoy it. :ball:

rebs23
18/11/2006, 11:59 AM
Congrats Shels. Much as it pains me they were the better team right throughout the year and deserved it.

A face
18/11/2006, 12:08 PM
Congrads Shels .... won it on the pitch in the end. Hope this year will actually move people within the club to sort out the club off the pitch so as not to detract from the efforts made on it.

MrJoeSoap
18/11/2006, 12:10 PM
Congrads Shels .... won it on the pitch in the end. Hope this year will actually move people within the club to sort out the club off the pitch so as not to detract from the efforts made on it.

Time to change your "location"...

Gareth
18/11/2006, 12:29 PM
Although I'll congratulate Gareth on the title win - well done Gareth, enjoy it. :ball:

Cheers very much Harpskid, I have been getting so many emails and the likes. Cheers everyone!! I didn't kick a ball this season either :) I retired from football last season after we won our league :) hehe

Block G Raptor
18/11/2006, 1:03 PM
Well Done. Best team won in the end. Still p!sses me off to Ollie happy but hey that's football
delighted for the Fans especially the ones on here

Martinho II
18/11/2006, 1:29 PM
well done to shels . even though i really hate ollie byrne and certain shels players the spirit that pat fenlon generated in the squad week in week out after setbacks was top drawer.

question is will Ollie BURN withdraw his appeal to the high court? it is PETTINESS on the highest order.:(

Raheny Red
18/11/2006, 1:58 PM
Agree with you but Stuart Byrne's rant against Stephen Kenny has taken the gloss off the win a bit to say the least for further details see the rant thread .

Not a chance of that happening. Great night, especially before the lads lifted the trophy the Shels players chanting Joey Ndo, Joey Ndo and he was lovin' every bit of it, then starts composing them fooking hero. Also Dildo chanting his Dillon me softly with the Dillon me softly t-shirt*

*Good man eL Punter ;) :cool:

MrJoeSoap
18/11/2006, 2:01 PM
Not a chance of that happening. Great night, especially before the lads lifted the trophy the Shels players chanting Joey Ndo, Joey Ndo and he was lovin' every bit of it, then starts composing them fooking hero. Also Dildo chanting his Dillon me softly with the Dillon me softly t-shirt*

*Good man eL Punter ;) :cool:

I'm sure I saw a tear in Dillo's eyes.

pete
18/11/2006, 2:08 PM
Despite losing a host of players and having a tiny squad Cork are still the best footballing side in the league in my opinion and finished 4th this season!

If Dublin City had not folded we would have been at least 3rd.

Shels only had 14 home games against Derrys 16 so Dublin City folding disadvantaged them too.

Raheny Red
18/11/2006, 2:09 PM
Well, last night according to the man himself he's going "****ing nowhere", one of the players of the season for us.

Martinho II
18/11/2006, 2:40 PM
fair play to dillo! an awful nice player and a legend with the section o faithful!

:)

LeixlipRed
18/11/2006, 2:47 PM
Dillon Me Softly is still a gay song though :D

Anto McC
18/11/2006, 2:49 PM
Stuey Byrne is a hero!

aberharp
18/11/2006, 4:58 PM
congratulations shels

ger121
18/11/2006, 5:06 PM
Stuey Byrne is a hero!

You must be related:p

DmanDmythDledge
18/11/2006, 7:37 PM
Fair play to the Shels players and fans. You were the best team in the country this season. I'll remember the 6-0 hammering as it was probably the finest display of football I have seen in the flesh.

Brigader
18/11/2006, 9:16 PM
Champs!!

Schumi
18/11/2006, 10:48 PM
I'll remember the 6-0 hammering
Really? :D

MrJoeSoap
18/11/2006, 11:08 PM
#75 most viewed sports video on YouTube today, fair play lads! :D

MrJoeSoap
24/11/2006, 12:08 PM
We Are The Winners (We Are, We Are!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thhDTlJmcsQ)

Downloadable Version Here (http://files.filefront.com/Shels___We_Are_The_Winnerswmv/;6239004;;/fileinfo.html)

Philly
24/11/2006, 7:17 PM
The Stewie interview has over 3,500 views. If only you guys could get that crowd at home games eh :)