PDA

View Full Version : Deccie Daly

Pablo
25/10/2002, 3:15 PM
Is it just me or is he particularly brutal since he came back? i know we shoud give him a chance but he's well past it in my opinion

Éanna
25/10/2002, 3:18 PM
deccie´s the guy we need on the bench for the last 20mins when we´re under presure and just need an experienced head. he´s too old to be starting evry game IMO

Pablo
25/10/2002, 3:23 PM
he'll cost us points. mark my words:rolleyes:

pete
25/10/2002, 4:44 PM
Deccie is a bit like Skippy last year - brought him back when injuries & existing players not performing.

Its fine bring Deccie back cos of injuries & he ok for squad player now but playing him ahead of other defenders comes across as Murphy not having confidence in the alternatives.

btw we might be defensively a bit better with Deccie but we are certainly worse off going forward with him in the team.

Éanna
27/10/2002, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by pete
btw we might be defensively a bit better with Deccie but we are certainly worse off going forward with him in the team.
i think everyone knows our strength is going forward, so...........

Pablo
29/10/2002, 8:53 AM
why was deccie taken off friday nite? was he injured or just poor? Crowe and Keegan will have him for brekfast. i hope he goes with Murray and Cronin

dalo
29/10/2002, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pablo
why was deccie taken off friday nite? was he injured or just poor? Crowe and Keegan will have him for brekfast. i hope he goes with Murray and Cronin [/QUOTE

I was watching TV3 last night and himself and Murray were in no mans land for the two goals. anyway after the first goal went in deccie was shouting at the player alongside him when it was him who should have been tracking tresson.

deccie was a great player and a great servant for the club but really he is doing himself no favours. that said gaz is pretty poor at the mo'

Pablo
29/10/2002, 12:37 PM
maybe Murray and Benno so. Boy do we miss Napier. Gaz has to be a better option than Deccie though

Éanna
29/10/2002, 1:34 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
maybe Murray and Benno so. Boy do we miss Napier. Gaz has to be a better option than Deccie though
I´d go for a back 4 of:
Hoggy Murray Benno Gaz at the moment with Napier coming in for Benno when he gets back.

Napier definitely a huge loss though.

Pablo
29/10/2002, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

I´d go for a back 4 of:
Hoggy Murray Benno Gaz at the moment with Napier coming in for Benno when he gets back.

Napier definitely a huge loss though.

Carey has been pretty consistant though so it'd be harsh to leave him out...... Murray is as good as we have at the moment but i think he's a bit suspect. a bit of a clogger. find touch at all cost(is he deccies lovechild?)

niamh
29/10/2002, 1:37 PM
Is similiar to Pat Morley. Pasted his best, has been a great servant for the club. But playing on is only getting more and more fans disliking him. He's not playing well and should not be starting.

It should be Cronin and Murray.

Éanna
29/10/2002, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Is similiar to Pat Morley. Pasted his best, has been a great servant for the club. But playing on is only getting more and more fans disliking him.
a few of the players from that bunch did it- johnny c was the same IMO. they should hang their boots up so people will remember them at their best, not their worst.

pete
29/10/2002, 2:22 PM
I thought Gaz was fairly suspect at centre back when he came on last friday.

Troy.McClure
29/10/2002, 4:29 PM
Id go for the same back 4 as Eanna aswell although by the time Napier has come back, Murry will have gone back to the Posh.

A face
29/10/2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Pablo

Carey has been pretty consistant though

Consistantly crap !! .... in fairness, Carey towards the end of last season and what seems most of this season has beeen having a nightmare, maybe leaving him on the bench for a few games might help him out.

Éanna
30/10/2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by A face
Consistantly crap !! .... in fairness, Carey towards the end of last season and what seems most of this season has beeen having a nightmare, maybe leaving him on the bench for a few games might help him out.
yeah, it´s been discussed a few times now and i think most people have said his form has dipped.

Gary
30/10/2002, 10:46 AM
he needs a rest. he hasnt been dropped in almost 2 years. His form in defence is fine. Good tackles and reads the game well, but going forward he is an unmitigated disaster. His crossing is laughable. Id like to see Greg at right back again for a bit, push bennet into ther miggle with Reynolds and put Gaz into the centre with Murray.

Éanna
30/10/2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by GWA
Id like to see Greg at right back again for a bit, push bennet into ther miggle with Reynolds and put Gaz into the centre with Murray.
I don´t think Gaz has looked comfortable in the centre, and greg is certainly at his best in midfield so I´d say leave hoggy at right back, gaz at left back and murray and benno in the centre. that way nearly all are in their favoured position.