PDA

View Full Version : George Hamilton Ireland v San Marino Commentary

pete
16/11/2006, 10:56 PM
I heard he said "Kevin Doyle has achieved a lot in 2 years of pro football..."

:rolleyes:

Anyone got that muppets email address so i can send him a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Doyle)

sligoman
16/11/2006, 10:58 PM
george@premiership.co.uk

That should get him;)

Conor H
16/11/2006, 10:58 PM
Also on Sky Sports last Sunday the commentator remarked twice that it was "hard to belive he was playing for Cork City in the Irish league only 15 months ago".

Then that spanner Alan Smith said something along the same lines later on aswell.Muppets.

pete
16/11/2006, 11:04 PM
Also on Sky Sports last Sunday the commentator remarked twice that it was "hard to belive he was playing for Cork City in the Irish league only 15ths ago".

I expect it from foreigners so not worried about that.

I expect a lot more from National Broadcaster. Maybe I am over-reacting but when I felt insulted while at the game receiving text with his quote. The eL gets enough negative coverage which I am used to without having Hamilton rub it in. Worst of all he will probably be commentating tomorrow night from Tolka.

:(

stevieontour
17/11/2006, 12:14 AM
Never take him seriously.

Just read his articles on RTE.ie, where he tries to be humorous & and ironic to hide his ignorance of the Sport.

A face
17/11/2006, 12:17 AM
I expect a lot more from National Broadcaster. Maybe I am over-reacting but when I felt insulted while at the game receiving text with his quote. The eL gets enough negative coverage which I am used to without having Hamilton rub it in. Worst of all he will probably be commentating tomorrow night from Tolka.

You are not over-reacting .... if anything, eL fans are under reacting and have done for years, are eL fans partly to blame? i dunno but if we keep our mouths shut then nothing will change.

depor
17/11/2006, 1:05 AM
[QUOTE=pete;576396]I heard he said "Kevin Doyle has achieved a lot in 2 years of pro football..."

ya i heard that alright, thought i was hearing things but then again it didnt surprise me as hamilton is like a lot of so-called irish football fans, total ignorance towards the eircom league.they only give recognition to an irish player when they play in england. sad.:confused:

EireBadBoy
17/11/2006, 1:25 AM
Danger here....

CollegeTillIDie
17/11/2006, 6:36 AM
You are not over-reacting .... if anything, eL fans are under reacting and have done for years, are eL fans partly to blame? i dunno but if we keep our mouths shut then nothing will change.

A face

Any time we call Premiersh*t worshipping muppets , West Brits , we get hammered. George is from East Belfast , so being a Premiersh*t worshipping person, is kind of natural up there. :D

Danger here....

ooooooooooooh disaster!!!!!

And Bray are 1-0 against Sligo.... Georgescu scores.

Meanwhile at the business end of the table Derry still lead the table with Shels two points behind....

29 mins Glen Crowe makes it 2-1 Shels... who go back on top with Derry lying in second

showgies
17/11/2006, 8:19 AM
What about them advertising Arsenal v Newcastle as the next soccer on RTE. I know George did refer to the Shel's / Bohs game after he noticed the omission but it just isn't good enough from our "national" broadcaster to forget about one of the biggest nights in Irish football. Disgrace

endabob1
17/11/2006, 8:27 AM
Also on Sky Sports last Sunday the commentator remarked twice that it was "hard to belive he was playing for Cork City in the Irish league only 15 months ago".

Then that spanner Alan Smith said something along the same lines later on aswell.Muppets.

Considering Doyle himself has said the same thing in virtually every interview I've read with him I would suggest that it is a fair comment.

I agree that Smith is a spanner, I listen to the radio commentary or just mute the TV if he is on a game.

Raheny Red
17/11/2006, 9:17 AM
George Hamilton - "Our next live game will be on Saturday, well there is also an eircom League game on Friday, but after our live game on Saturday don't forget that highlights will follow on the Premiership later the same evening"!

FFS, doesn't even mention whose playing, that it is the last day of the season. Fupping nothing :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

NY Hoop
17/11/2006, 10:07 AM
I heard he said "Kevin Doyle has achieved a lot in 2 years of pro football..."

Anyone got that muppets email address so i can send him a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Doyle)

Hamilton has deteriorated alarmingly in the last few years. Cant get through any game he covers with out referring to manure or the premier****. They should get the true legend that is Jimmy Magee back. He knows the league, his son played in it and he has no ego that needs massaging.

On the link there would have thought that the cork appearances would have been filled in given that statistics play a major part in the cork programme?

KOH

Mr_T
17/11/2006, 11:45 AM
What he actually said was that Doyle was doing very well considering it was "only his second season in full time professional football"

I wouldn't normally be one for getting all up in arms over ill informed ****e being spouted about the LOI, if you did you'd spend most of your time very very stressed out. But that is a very insulting comment to Cork City and to the league and George should be ashamed of himself.

The other comment about it being amazing that two years ago he was playing in the LOI is, IMO, a fair one if you give the benefit of the doubt. Without being disparaging to the LOI it is a fairly meteoric rise for Doyle, from scoring against Harps in his last game for Cork to scoring for the senior Irish side (such as it is) on wednesday.

TG

eamo1
17/11/2006, 11:56 AM
the email link to george hamilton doesnt work and im not logging onto the r.t.e website to look for it and giving them an underserved "hit" on their main website:) .

Soper
17/11/2006, 12:13 PM
I made a complaint, purely because I have nothing better to do.

pete
17/11/2006, 6:34 PM
I made a complaint, purely because I have nothing better to do.

I send mine off too.

I suggested Hamilton be sent on re-education course to RTE Radio 1.

RTE will response as they have to but I expect can add to previous collection of lame excuses.

The Sheliban
17/11/2006, 10:17 PM
I still haven't forgiven him for his "Dare I say it but the Dutch seem to have run out of ideas" remark, seconds before we conceded in Euro 88.

pete
17/11/2006, 10:22 PM
Going off topic but he always uses Manchester United Champions League final comeback as an example when any team in any sport losing with minutes to go.

Soper
17/11/2006, 10:52 PM
I got a pretty standard 'Thank you for your e-mail, which I am forwarding for information and interest to the Executive Producer of RTÉ TV Sport' response

Gareth
18/11/2006, 11:18 AM
Was a bit annoyed that the next live football was penned for Champions League Tuesday and Premiership Staurday completely ignoring the biggest night in the league!!!

Soper
20/11/2006, 12:03 PM
Had a full reply

Poor Student
20/11/2006, 6:05 PM
Had a full reply

What did it say, Soper?

pete
21/11/2006, 11:14 AM
Had a full reply

What mail address did you use?

Soper
21/11/2006, 11:25 AM
Just the normal complaints one.They forwarded it to the head of sport, who in turn forwarded it to George:eek:

I'll pm it to the both of you if you want, and whoever else wants it, as I'd rather not post it on here

pete
21/11/2006, 11:41 AM
Just the normal complaints one.They forwarded it to the head of sport, who in turn forwarded it to George:eek:

I sent it to sport so no surprise why not even acknowledgement email. Will give them a few days before send to complaints. BTW RTE website is terrible as it just says send email to required department without including email addresses...

Soper
21/11/2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I just put in the title 'FAO Sports Department'.I think what I sent may have been seen as a slightly harsh, thus receiving a reply.Had to be done though.

mr.brightside
21/11/2006, 11:57 AM
Soper sent it to me to, nice 1

pete
03/12/2006, 10:38 AM

I'll pm it to the both of you if you want, and whoever else wants it, as I'd rather not post it on here

I got no response from Sports dept but got quick reply from complaints dept when forwarded to them

They said they were aware he was fulltime pro with Cork City before Reading. Info will be passed to George H so he aware of small error. Small mistake, could happen to anyone...