PDA

View Full Version : angry corner boy

flynny
24/10/2002, 5:03 PM
just in regards the way over the top comments from the likes of eanna and ninepointsdeducted regarding the corner boys - first of all regards o,dowd it was out of order and was sung by few lads that normally dont go to games and just arrive down for the likes of rovers games or when we top of league like everyone else in cork.
firstly for ye to go on about stewards n gardai is ****** we have been supporting city since they won the league in the rds and b4 - who do ye think ye are criticising us we have just grown out of the shed because its mainly kids who were firing bottles at devine.
we seen a few of ye lot like eanna up in longford and i think ye may have witnessed a bit of unfriendliness from few of the lads well that goes down to previous bull written in this web site
i hope everything is cleared up now and less of the bull****

James
24/10/2002, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by flynny
first of all regards o,dowd it was out of order and was sung by few lads that normally dont go to games

because its mainly kids who were firing bottles at devine.

how can you say in 1 breath that twas a few of the corner boys that were chanting those disgusting remarks at o'dowd..then in the next label everyone in the shed as kids that fire bottles..

i think a fair comment is that there are/were a few (minority) of corner boys chanting at o'dowd.... just as there were a few (minority again) that throw bottles

whats the greater evil... imo those comments about tony o dowd's brother were the worst i have even seen or heard of from city fans EVER

as for your comments bout supporting city since the rds... fair play you're great arent ya

James
24/10/2002, 5:14 PM
oh yea and while you raised the matter and while its in my head
those knackers that did say that about o'dowd are SCUM plain and simpleand should be banned from the ground

Éanna
24/10/2002, 6:09 PM
just in regards the way over the top comments from the likes of eanna and ninepointsdeducted regarding the corner boys -
Hang on hang on!!! The only time I mentioned the corner boys was here:

Originally posted by Éanna
Of course the corner boys shouldn´t be the only ones held responsible for unacceptable behaviour, I have witnessed/heard it from all over the place, but the basic problem is there is no deterrent.
I didn´t and don´t hold ALL of the corner boys responsible, and what ninepointsdeducted said WAS out of order. What I said about the O´Dowd thing was in reaction to what I read in the programme piece. I spoke to some of the corner boys about it in longford and they were as disgusted about it as the rest of us- like was said, it was a few idiots responsible, and here´s to hoping something like this never happens again.

What happened in longford was sorted out on the night and is long forgotten as far as I´m concerned. But please don´t accuse me of slaggin ye off when I didn´t. cheers.

Colm
24/10/2002, 6:09 PM
we seen a few of ye lot like eanna up in longford and i think ye may have witnessed a bit of unfriendliness from few of the lads well that goes down to previous bull written in this web site
No it doesnt, the "unfriendliness" was due to a chant (Murphy, Murphy sort it out) which a few lads disagreed with. They decided to start pushing and shoving people because they didnt like that chant despite the fact that moments earlier they were calling Mulligan a Dublin *******.
Also, whats "ye lot" supposed to mean?

Colm
24/10/2002, 6:15 PM
Another thing,
I acknowledge it was only the minority that come out for the big games who were involved in the O'Dowd stuff.
You always get that kind of thing at the big matches, I suppose its the same as the idiot bottle throwers who appear in the shed for big games. A few idiots are bound to go to the corner aswell.

niamh
25/10/2002, 8:49 AM
because its mainly kids who were firing bottles at devine.

There were a lot of fans just as angry about that as the comments within the Shed. People have to know who these scumbags are so they should be named and banned. City do not need that type of supporter ever.

Shed End John
25/10/2002, 12:58 PM
we have been supporting city since they won the league in the rds and b4 - who do ye think ye are criticising us we have just grown out of the shed because its mainly kids who were firing bottles at devine.

These comments are well out of order.:mad: I am a fanatical Shedender, am alot younger than most of the Cornerboys, and have also passionately supported City since before they won the League. A bunch of kids we most certainly aren't.
I think the real cut and thrust of it is that efforts should have been made to shut the O'Dowd taunters up, just as we don't condone any such behaviour in the Shed. Now for fux sake, let's stop laying into each other, there's better things to do like cheer City onto League glory. :)

Murphy Out Now!!!
McCarthy Out Now!!!

Gary
28/10/2002, 1:59 PM
Well that was a load of incomprehensible b0llo)( Flynny.

Now bwe it far from me to call anyone scum, but the fact that those chants came from your area in the ground will obviously lead to a lot of people saying that it was "ALL THE CORNERBOYS". Now we both know that aint true. I will also believe you that those who were chanting that at O Dowd werent regulars, and to be honest im glad. If we had more of their type we would be little better than the Dublin Scum. But my point here is that its still all looking bad on the CornerBoys as a whole as it looked like ye did feck all to stop it. Ye let it go on. Now im not going to say that by doing nothing you were condoning, but if ye all are the true supporters that ye say ye are ( and again I ve no reason to doubt ye), one of ye would have stood up and shut the foul mouthed ignorant scumbags up straight away and tell them to stop ruining YOUR GOOD NAME.

As for the whole Longford issue, dont try and come overhigh and mighty about that. There was a certain incident which was caused by two Cornerboys (one of whom consequently apologised to me) which could have turned very ugly if I were a bit braver, and perhaps a bit more to drink. Me and a few of my friends were pushed and shouted at for the most odf the 2nd half for airing our views to the manager. This was our perogative, just like it was for some of your crowd to shout abuse at Jimmy Mulligan. Difference was we didnt try to get violent baout it. Furthermore, we didnt try to carry our bitterness over into the nightclub like one of you.

I dont want this to be taken as a personal assault on you or anyone of the real CornerBoys. Fact is, is that we all do something we aint proud of every now and then. However, bygones should now be bygones.

(thanks phone, now ive lost my brilliant conclusion!) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Éanna
29/10/2002, 2:14 PM
Originally posted by GWA
However, bygones should now be bygones.

and lets just leave it at that