PDA

View Full Version : Intruder on pitch

onenilgameover
16/11/2006, 10:35 AM
Man I wish we were allowed to bring BB guns into the stadium to take pot-shots at these guys when they arrive....

Do we get a fine for last night yeah?

Peadar
16/11/2006, 10:42 AM
Taser guns (http://www.taser.com/) would be the job.
I don't think laughing at the stewards helps either.
If there was a fine, the guy should be made to pay it and it should be announced at the game.

greendeiseboy
16/11/2006, 10:46 AM
i heard someone told him that all the big knobs hung out there

citizenerased
16/11/2006, 10:50 AM
well to say i was fuming when i seen that idiot!! it was only a few minutes after keanes peno, the players looked well ****ed off,,hope the lads gave him a few sly digs

pete
16/11/2006, 11:15 AM
IMO stewards are entitled to 10 digs for every minute he spent on the pitch.

It doesn't help when all the morons are laughing & encouraging him. Its pathetic & embarishing. What was the point of him running onto the pitch anyway? He didn't even streak :rolleyes:

The only funny thing was steward in blue jacket coming down to the orange jacket fellas to find out how the guy had gone on the pitch. Body language of the orange jackets was they couldn't care less as they were watching the match.

Steward must be a great job. Get paid to watch the match in premium seats. was at the B Intrnational on tuesday & one set of stewards pushing kids away from getting autographs from senior internationals & then other steward sat down on seat in front of us spend 1st half on phone textng.

drummerboy
16/11/2006, 11:22 AM
I know, my 9 year old was one of the autograph hunters on Tuesday night. Stewards won't let him get an autograph before the game and there was only a handful of kids trying to get them.

Beavis
16/11/2006, 11:27 AM
I think proper streakers are usually gas (the Hill 16 crowd have a particular preference for them) but if your gonna do it you've got to be bollock, its the only way. Otherwise youre just an idiot with no top on.

pete
16/11/2006, 11:27 AM
I know, my 9 year old was one of the autograph hunters on Tuesday night. Stewards won't let him get an autograph before the game and there was only a handful of kids trying to get them.

Was only 10-15 kids & I thought was very heavy handed. If the stewards wanted to control the little crowd & ensure no one got hurt they could have been more carefull as they were pushing little kids out of the way.

Vast majority of the senior squad didn't seem to be bothered going on tuesday. Was funny the way stewards let them out of the team bus & then held crowd (20-30 people) in case the great unwashed would get near them. The rind of steel (line of stewards) around the VIP area in the stand was worthy of US Secret Service. :D :rolleyes:

Cabinteelygull
16/11/2006, 11:32 AM
I was wondering about that chap, you'd have to be locked to run on in the first place but sober enough to dodge the stewards. He's an idiot anyway but if it helps i doubt the gardai who took him away let him off lightly.

Billsthoughts
16/11/2006, 11:56 AM
what a stupid ****in ****. I mean what is the point?
he should be made pay any fine due.
might make people think twice in future.

wws
16/11/2006, 12:00 PM
hamiltons commentry ....

camera pans away from the pitch

eventually hammy pipes up - .....and all that cheering is for ONE IDIOT who isnt even doing a full streak....

he almost sounded disappointed he wasnt copping an eye full

eirebhoy
16/11/2006, 12:10 PM
I think actual streakers are a great laugh but commentators have all turned against them in recent years. The best is a streaker in the final of a snooker tournament. :D

Drumcondra Red
16/11/2006, 12:25 PM
idiots were cheering him on last night, my responce? "Get off the pitch you fat cnut" now as soon as that was said someone turns and says "sure its only a laugh" hmmmmmmm

BaZmO*
16/11/2006, 12:39 PM
We really are turning into a nation of Whingers. :rolleyes:

Jerry The Saint
16/11/2006, 12:43 PM

There'll be a fine but this will just filter down to the eL clubs so the FAI don't need to worry. All managers, players and fans will need to be very careful what they say for the next few days...:eek:

fergalr
16/11/2006, 12:51 PM
In a neighbouring juristriction they found a simple solution by making it it criminal offence to go on the pitch.

elroy
16/11/2006, 12:57 PM
Its an embarassment and happens much too frequently. Like does the guy even spend the night in a cell, probably not. Really ****es me off.

dublinred
16/11/2006, 1:03 PM
Man I wish we were allowed to bring BB guns into the stadium to take pot-shots at these guys when they arrive....

Can I borrow the BB guns there is a few Liverpool fans in the West upper I would like to take out , they cream themselves when finnan gets the ball and starting giving out anytime the ball goes anyway near O'Shea.

Dricky
16/11/2006, 1:07 PM
Was only 10-15 kids & I thought was very heavy handed. If the stewards wanted to control the little crowd & ensure no one got hurt they could have been more carefull as they were pushing little kids out of the way.

Vast majority of the senior squad didn't seem to be bothered going on tuesday. Was funny the way stewards let them out of the team bus & then held crowd (20-30 people) in case the great unwashed would get near them. The rind of steel (line of stewards) around the VIP area in the stand was worthy of US Secret Service. :D :rolleyes:

Nah Pete they were afraid you were after Devlin.... :)

wws
16/11/2006, 1:08 PM
In a neighbouring juristriction they found a simple solution by making it it criminal offence to go on the pitch.

we didnt fight for Irish Liberty in 1916 to give up our god given gaelic right to run naked or semi clothed across the turf, OUR TURF, of any sporting code!

pete
16/11/2006, 1:48 PM
Nah Pete they were afraid you were after Devlin.... :)

I think thats why only away fans were allowed in the Connaught St seats.

Interestingly & way off topic notice Devlin & "assistant" Fenlon standing as far away from each other as possible next to the dugouts. Devlin on one side & Fenlon on other side at edge of technical area shouting instructions to the players. Seemed fairly obvious who was the real manager. Devlin probbaly too busy scouting...

tetsujin1979
16/11/2006, 3:18 PM
I reckon he ran onto the pitch to win Podge & Rodge's Winning Streak competition!

theleprechaun
16/11/2006, 5:33 PM
what a f n muppet!!!!!! he really pis**d me off

Jupiter1
16/11/2006, 7:51 PM
what was funny about that fool was that his friend who stripped off with him didnt go on the pitch but ran back to his seat laughing.
With friends like that...

16/11/2006, 9:35 PM
da streaker or semi streaker from last night was on my train after the match goin backto cork, he was boastin about it with his friends, he had da grass marks on his pants to prove it. said all the stewards did was through him outa da ground, which he seem to think was unfair, what a retard, and after i finished my cans on da train i told him exactly wat i thought of him. good times

theleprechaun
17/11/2006, 7:47 PM
da streaker or semi streaker from last night was on my train after the match goin backto cork, he was boastin about it with his friends, he had da grass marks on his pants to prove it. said all the stewards did was through him outa da ground, which he seem to think was unfair, what a retard, and after i finished my cans on da train i told him exactly wat i thought of him. good times

fair play