PDA

View Full Version : Injured? Yes or no?

pete
23/10/2002, 2:42 PM
I don't know if anyone else noticed the number of senior squad players who were "unfit" for last wednesdays international yet played for their clubs over last weekend..

Steven Carr - played sunday but since first game back from injury could leave that go.
Finnan - played saturday
Kenna - played saturday i think
Delap - played monday (maybe allow this one as 5 days after Ireland game)
O'Brien - played saturday

I'm sure theres maybe one or two more too...

:confused:

Éanna
23/10/2002, 3:27 PM
yeah it´s crazy. They´re going on about the "FIFA virus" over here to explain injuries and poor performances from international players. After Real lost 2-0 away to Racing, there was a thing in a paper over here showing how many minutes players had played since the start of the season. Already at this stage, a number of the Real players had played over 1000 minutes of football since the season started, while Racings busiest player had played about 650. Season´s only just started so imagine the gap by the end of the season!!!!!

bitored
23/10/2002, 6:51 PM
I also noticed how well Finnan played on the right of midfield for Fulham - gave Silvestre a nightmare. Mind you, McCarthy will probably stick with McAteer because of 'loyalty'.

Shed End John
24/10/2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Season´s only just started so imagine the gap by the end of the season!!!!!

I agree, the situation has gone absolutely crazy. Maybe it's time to follow the example of the Southern Hemisphere rugby authorities and introduce a ceiling on the number of games that players can play during a season, taking account of European matches etc etc.

Murphy Out Now!!!
McCarthy Out Now!!!