PDA

View Full Version : Dear John

razor
15/11/2006, 2:26 PM
I have I think encovered a novel and possible entertaining way of extending the Eircom League season should the unthinkable happen next Friday night.

Should Shelbourne & Derry lose and Cork join them both on 59 points, how about dispensing with the whole goal difference malarky and instead have a 3 way playoff between the teams in "neutral" venues throughout the country.

Sounds like a super money spinner and a good way of extending the season on until the FAI Cup Final.

Yours Sinceleryish
razor

OneRedArmy
15/11/2006, 2:31 PM
straw, at, clutching:
re-arrange into a well-known phrase.

Still not beyond the realms of possibility knowing those clowns........

The Good Son
15/11/2006, 3:34 PM
I have I think encovered a novel and possible entertaining way of extending the Eircom League season should the unthinkable happen next Friday night.

Should Shelbourne & Derry lose and Cork join them both on 59 points, how about dispensing with the whole goal difference malarky and instead have a 3 way playoff between the teams in "neutral" venues throughout the country.

Sounds like a super money spinner and a good way of extending the season on until the FAI Cup Final.

Yours Sinceleryish
razor

Hear hear! It worked quite well in the 92-93 season I thought.

BohsFans
15/11/2006, 4:59 PM
Hear hear! It worked quite well in the 92-93 season I thought.

:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
16/11/2006, 6:28 AM
Look Bohs fans but for a dodgy bus youze would have won the League in 1992/93. I thought the original post was very witty :D