PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon to Derry-Fri night Scenario

Krstic
15/11/2006, 12:50 PM
Lads, a guy in work who reads this site has hit me with a good scenario for Friday night.

This guy, we'll call him Les Halles, seems to think that Fenlon will defo be Derry's manager next season. Therefore it would make perfect sense for Fenlon to throw Friday nights game so that he can manage Derry in the Champions League next year.

That should panic Oilly.:eek:

But in saying that, this same guy told me he spoke fluent french and got me lost in paris about 6 times because the Locals couldn't understand him.
Nearly missed the first half of the PSG v Derry match.
So he does tend to talk crap.

Interesting scenario all the same.;)

Sheridan
15/11/2006, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure how a manager can "throw" a game (other than by colluding with his players), but there's no way it could be proven in this case, as Fenlon's teams usually bottle big, deciding games quite naturally.

Jerry The Saint
15/11/2006, 12:59 PM
Therefore it would make perfect sense for Fenlon to throw Friday nights game so that he can manage Derry in the Champions League next year.

More important than that is the fact that losing the league would cripple Shels financially, giving Fenlon one less title rival and allowing him to have the pick of their players (here some more irony, the ones who don't follow Nutsy up north would likely sign up to Bohs).

DmanDmythDledge
15/11/2006, 1:06 PM
I knew what was coming when I read the thread title. It just shows how bad the state of our league has become if people can come up with theories likes this.

OneRedArmy
15/11/2006, 1:44 PM
Throw in the Shels players alleged to be jumping ship back to Bohez and Bohez not wanting to deprive them of a medal in case they change their mind and you have more conspiracies than JFK....

Peadar
15/11/2006, 2:05 PM
I might be tempted to believe this, IF I see Fenlon starting in goal for Shels. :D

Jaime
15/11/2006, 2:32 PM
Ollie basically tells everyone that he needs Champions League money to pay his players. When they were in the Champions League he couldn't pay them. Now knowing he's a liar, and knowing there's a good chance they might not see their money at all...

CollegeTillIDie
16/11/2006, 6:16 AM
Jaime

If what you out lined is correct,it means whatever happens, Shels current players, if they win the League won't get paid till next summer assuming there still is a Shelbourne of course!

Shelsman
16/11/2006, 7:55 AM
Jaime

If what you out lined is correct,it means whatever happens, Shels current players, if they win the League won't get paid till next summer assuming there still is a Shelbourne of course!

It's a terrifying thought really, that all the professional clubs in Ireland will fold one way or another and then a team like UCD goes and wins the league! :eek:

Magicme
16/11/2006, 8:04 AM
And Mons will get into the premier division!

Krstic
16/11/2006, 9:17 AM
Just to add fuel to the fire.

A story in todays Derry News, states that local Bookies 'McBrides' have wiped Fenlons price after refusing to take a £400 bet from a punter yesterday.
The punter said the bet was "just a bit of fun".:eek:

bluemovie
16/11/2006, 10:05 AM
One sure way of knowing if Fenlon's thrown the game is if Dave Crawley plays on Friday night.

Jaime
16/11/2006, 10:40 AM
Just to add fuel to the fire.

A story in todays Derry News, states that local Bookies 'McBrides' have wiped Fenlons price after refusing to take a £400 bet from a punter yesterday.
The punter said the bet was "just a bit of fun".:eek:

Minnows. What's the point of opening the market and then refusing to take bets on it?

dcfcsteve
16/11/2006, 10:54 AM
Minnows. What's the point of opening the market and then refusing to take bets on it?

There'd be too many people in Derry who would have insider info, so I can understand a bookie being uber-cautious here.

What sort of odds were they offering on Fenlon getting the job ?

I dislike the man - if I'm honest largely because he's been fighting for one of our main rivals the last 4 years - but he would probably do a good job at City, and hopefully bring players with him too.

Time will tell. Sure aren't Jon Aldridge and Joe Kinnear in the running for it as well.....? :)

A face
16/11/2006, 5:18 PM
I might be tempted to believe this, IF I see Fenlon starting in goal for Shels. :D

Is he registered to play ?? :eek: :p