PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Keane interview on RTE

paul_oshea
15/11/2006, 8:53 AM
'I've always wanted to play at Croke Park, but I never thought it would be football, so it's something I'm really looking forward to."

did he play gaelic football? or what exactly does he mean here?!?!

It is the fans who have clearly made Lansdowne Road the special stadium it has become over the years, as Keane explained.

'When you go out on the pitch and you hear the crowd - and I know it's an old cliche to say they're a 12th man - but they certainly do help when you are out there,' he added.

i assume he is on about a collection of matches here.....

interesting he puts the holland then the czech game up there as his favourites thats mad....

BaZmO*
15/11/2006, 12:25 PM
did he play gaelic football? or what exactly does he mean here?!?!
Of course he did, he was born and bred in Ireland. And I think he just meant that as a kid he would've loved to have played in Croker, nothing mysterious to decipher.

interesting he puts the holland then the czech game up there as his favourites thats mad....
Don't think he actually said that they were his favourite matches, I think he said they were the two matches that stood out the most atmosphere wise.

paul_oshea
15/11/2006, 12:56 PM
Of course he did, he was born and bred in Ireland. And I think he just meant that as a kid he would've loved to have played in Croker, nothing mysterious to decipher.

what i was getting at more so, was he any good as though to me he is infering that he thought it would be with gaelic football that he would have got to play in corke park hence my assumption that he must have been quite good.....

BaZmO*
15/11/2006, 1:13 PM
tbh I think you're reading too much into it

NeilMcD
06/12/2006, 10:43 AM
Robbie Keane will undergo scans on Wednesday to determine the extent of the knee injury he suffered after blasting the winner against Middlesbrough.

It was an eventful cameo from the Irish star who tasted the highs and lows of football in just 10 minutes on the pitch.

He came off the bench immediately after Middlesbrough's equaliser, drove home the decisive goal from 25 yards just three minutes later and then hobbled off after appearing to twist his left knee as he chased a ball down the left touchline. He signalled straight away to the bench after the incident.

Martin Jol reported on Tuesday night: "He will have a scan in the morning, as normal, and hopefully he'll be okay because it will be a shock for us if he's badly injured."