PDA

View Full Version : Sections

Neil
23/10/2002, 2:32 AM
Adam,

If I was you, I'd get rid of the 'World Cup' section for starts. I'd also get rid of 'Refereeing' and 'Irish League'.

I'd possibly get rid of the 'Humour' section (jokes can be posted in 'Off Topic').

I'd move 'Predictions League' to 'Other Stuff'.

Thoughts?

NEIL

dahamsta
23/10/2002, 9:34 AM
If I was you, I'd get rid of the 'World Cup' section for starts.

Fair enough. Moved to Archive.

I'd also get rid of 'Refereeing' and 'Irish League'.

Hmmm, dunno about them. Yerman that mods refereeing was quite into it for a while, although he doesn't seem to be around much any more. And Éanna's a supermod now, as well as the mod of Irish League, so Éanna? Either way, the general section will look very bare without them.

I'd possibly get rid of the 'Humour' section (jokes can be posted in 'Off Topic').

Fairy Nuff. I moved all the jokes in there and deleted the Humour forum.

I'd move 'Predictions League' to 'Other Stuff'.

Dunno about that one either.

Thoughts?

Occasionally, thanks.

adam

Éanna
23/10/2002, 3:41 PM
Dunno, there doesn´t seem to be much traffic/interest in it at all, despite my efforts. I´d like to hang onto it, but I guess if it isn´t doing anything........... :confused:

pete
23/10/2002, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Dunno, there doesn´t seem to be much traffic/interest in it at all, despite my efforts.

Sure theres only been 2 threads in the Irish League section in the last month. I hope you don't put the same "effort" into those college exams? :D ;)

btw Adam, don't forget to remove those menu links for the removed sections as well...

Éanna
23/10/2002, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by pete
Sure theres only been 2 threads in the Irish League section in the last month. I hope you don't put the same "effort" into those college exams? :D ;) :o who told ya?

Neil
24/10/2002, 1:50 AM
Fair points and I agree maybe getting rid of some of the sections might seem a little drastic. Just said I'd put it out there as I think a lot of people's complaints about foot.ie is that there are too many sections. And lets be honest - what's the point in having a section for one or two refereeing posts a month? Ditto Irish League. If a fella wants to make a post about the Irish League or Refereeing he can do so in Off Topic or eL General for Refereeing for example. Anyway......

James
24/10/2002, 6:03 PM
methinks some sort of merger also might be bestest
put refs into eircom league and irish league i'd get rid of tbh

Éanna
25/10/2002, 3:05 PM
just lookin thru the posts/threads figures and the irish league forum is as busy as some of the first division club ones- whether that relevant or not............

Réiteoir
25/10/2002, 5:43 PM
I agree with the suggestion of merging the Refereeing section into the general fabric of the board.

Doesn't seem anyone does post in there anymore - nothin to moderate!

I did post the Cup Final appointment but only in the sections of the clubs who are in the Final - Derry & Rovers.

I think it is time for the chop (but move all the articles in there into the general area of the site)!

C.T. Rock
Moderator - Refereeing Section

dahamsta
25/10/2002, 7:16 PM
Right, I'll do it so. Tuesday. Thank you all.

adam

dahamsta
30/10/2002, 12:52 PM
Refereeing merged with eL General. Dunno what to do with Irish League.

adam

pete
30/10/2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Refereeing merged with eL General. Dunno what to do with Irish League.

adam

drop into eL General?

btw whats with this "soccer"?

;)