PDA

View Full Version : Top 12

Pages : [1] 2

Guitd
14/11/2006, 7:40 PM
forgetting genisses etc. what would your perfect 12 for the eira lega/primer /primier/lega be next season

1. cork
2.bohs
3.shels
4.pats
5.drogheda
6.derry
7.sligo
8.shamrock rvs
9.longford
10.waterford
11.galway
12.dundalk

Kildare Lad
14/11/2006, 8:09 PM
Shels
Cork
Derry
Drogs
Pats
Sligo
Bohs
Rovers
Longford
Dundalk
Galway
Waterford

Woops, just realised its the same as the one above!

steno
14/11/2006, 8:20 PM
Shels, Bohs, St. Pats, Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Derry,Drogheda
Sligo Rovers, Longford, Waterford, Bray

and

UCD, they only fall down on attendances which is only a small part of the requirement.

thedoyler
14/11/2006, 8:31 PM
Surprised to see the top 2 posts rule Bray out who in my opinion have definitely one of the best 12 stadiums in Ireland, arguably the best pitch, the best location <ie beside the Dart station>, the 8th or 9th best average attendance in the league <depending on your source>, are in a better financial position than many other clubs, have a 5 year record which im sure places them in the top 12, sure the team may be in transition at the moment, but to take bray out of the premier i think would be a disgrace.

Aaron
14/11/2006, 8:42 PM
Bohs
Cork
Derry C
Drogheda
Dundalk
Galway
Harps
Longford
St. Pat's
Shels
Sligo
Shamrock Rvs

That would be mine anyway, a lot of clubs outside of Dublin.

steno
14/11/2006, 8:42 PM
Bray do have a better record than Galway and Dundalk over the past four seasons and probaly a better average gate as well but both clubs do have ambitious plans and decent setups at present not to mention a decent potential fan base so can see why the top two posts might include them instead of Bray.

To be honest I think its going to be very close between Waterford, UCD, Bray, Galway and Dundalk and are probably the five to watch regarding who will be where in December the rest of the clubs in both division are a foregone conclusion.

The Stars
14/11/2006, 8:46 PM
I would love to see.
Derry,Sligo,Harps,Galway,Dundalk,Drogheda,Bohs,
Shams,Shels,PAts,Cork,Longford...but it aint gonna happen

pineapple stu
14/11/2006, 8:57 PM
Derry, Shels, Cork, Drogheda, Sligo, UCD, Pat's, Longford, Bohs, Bray, Waterford/Dundalk and Rovers.

Call me old-fashioned, but we hold a league to determine which are the best 12 teams in the country. Why argue with the result it gives?

stickyjoe
14/11/2006, 9:02 PM
I`m with Stu on this, I hate what is been done for next season......regardless of attendances etc. the best 12 teams should be in the league

If UEFA refused to allow some irish clubs into europe based on these criteria we`d be going mad

Paddyfield
14/11/2006, 9:15 PM
Derry, Shels, Cork, Drogheda, Sligo, UCD, Pat's, Longford, Bohs, Bray, Waterford/Dundalk and Rovers.

Call me old-fashioned, but we hold a league to determine which are the best 12 teams in the country. Why argue with the result it gives?

I reluctantly agree Stu.

However, if Galway United win at the weekend in Kilkenny and Dundalk draw or lose in Finn Park, then we will be in the play-off against Waterford United. That's a big IF

Otherwise, we might be promoted by default :eek:

pineapple stu
14/11/2006, 9:17 PM
Not beyond the bounds of possibility, I suppose. Haven't looked at the table of late and assumed Dundalk had the play-off spot sealed.

gustavo
14/11/2006, 9:17 PM
Bohs
Cork
Derry C
Drogheda
Dundalk
Galway
Longford
Pat's
Shels
Sligo
Shamrock Rvs
UCD

Mr A
14/11/2006, 9:20 PM
Haven't looked at the table of late and assumed Dundalk had the play-off spot sealed.

They're playing us at the weekend, and on our current form that's pretty sealed!

Conor H
14/11/2006, 10:08 PM
1 Galway
2 Derry
3 Sligo
4 Rovers
5 Dundalk
6 Drogheda
7 Pats
8 Bohs
9 Longford
10 Cork
11 Harps
12 Waterford

Louth4sam
14/11/2006, 10:34 PM
Dundalk
Cork
Derry
Shels
Sligo
Pats
Rovers
Bohs
Galway
Longford
Drogs
Finn Harps (If you were going to be fair UCD should be there instead)

Student Mullet
14/11/2006, 10:50 PM
(If you were going to be fair UCD should be there instead)It's not a game of what's fair, it's a game of who you'd ideally like to play against.

UCD
Trinity College
Cork
Dundalk
Derry
Limerick
Pats
Rovers
Bohs
Galway
Longford
Finn Harps

sligoman
14/11/2006, 10:52 PM
UCD
Trinity College
Cork
Dundalk
Derry
Limerick
Pats
Rovers
Bohs
Galway
Longford
Finn HarpsWhy no us? 9 points a season and all that;) :o.

Neish
14/11/2006, 10:53 PM
Mine in no particular order

Harps
Shamrock Rvs
Derry
Sligo
Cork
Galway
Drogheda
Dundalk
Longford
St. Pat's
Bohs
Wateford

A decent spread across the country and probably the 12 clubs with the biggest fan bases.

Student Mullet
14/11/2006, 11:01 PM
Why no us? 9 points a season and all that;) :o.You're in there:
Rovers
...I dropped shams to make room for TCD, you can't have too many Dublin clubs.

fbtn
14/11/2006, 11:05 PM
Bohs
Cork
Derry C
Drogheda
Dundalk
Galway
Harps
Longford
St. Pat's
Shels
Sligo
Shamrock Rvs

That would be mine anyway, a lot of clubs outside of Dublin.

What he said.

A face
14/11/2006, 11:11 PM
Waterford
Cork
Limerick
Galway
Sligo
Finn Harps
Derry
Longford
Drogheda
Shams
Bohs
Pats

depor
15/11/2006, 1:32 AM
id have to agree with all the present premier teams staying in the top flight next season, and rovers going up due to their great support even though they were'nt playing the best football(3 of our games with them so far were close affairs and they would admit that themselves if they were honest)

but i have to say that if galway go up the only reason for it would be their location/catchment area because they arnt playing very good football either from what i've seen, there all physical and the same goes for dundalk who we played off the park this season. but i have to give credit to both their positions in the table.

desaintsno.12
15/11/2006, 9:24 AM
Pats
Bohs
Shamrocks
Cork
Galway
Finn Harps
Derry
Galway
Drogs
Sligo
Longford
Waterford

no Shels as they could both do a dublin city mid season

Terry
15/11/2006, 12:26 PM
Galway
Sligo
Drogheda
Cork
Derry
Harps
Longford
Waterford
Athlone
Limerick
Kilkenny
Rovers

Good geographical spread there.

desaintsno.12
15/11/2006, 12:44 PM
Galway
Sligo
Drogheda
Cork
Derry
Harps
Longford
Waterford
Athlone
Limerick
Kilkenny
Rovers

Good geographical spread there.

shamrocks the only dublin team in it ?????? how did you come up with that :rolleyes:

Eoingull
15/11/2006, 1:05 PM
My perfect 12 would be the top ten as is...Shamrock Rovers...and whoever wins the play-off. Let's keep it simple. When we were bottom, I think most supporters would have accepted our fate gracefully. We didn't finish last, so we've earned our place.

Terry
15/11/2006, 1:10 PM
shamrocks the only dublin team in it ?????? how did you come up with that :rolleyes:

Read what it says at the bottom, there is one club there per county. Thats what I ment by "Geographical Spread"

Block G Raptor
15/11/2006, 1:48 PM
It's not a game of what's fair, it's a game of who you'd ideally like to play against.

In that case
Bohs
Rovers
CIE
Garda
St.Mochtas
Hartstown utd u11b
Killester
Rockmount
foot.ie
Boards.ie
Gretna:D
Ashtown Villa

Bohs should be able to get at least a setanta spot from that lot

Dodge
15/11/2006, 2:02 PM
My preferred Premier division would be

Pats
Longford
Harps
Cobh
Monaghan
Athlone
UCD (because you have to have a dublin derby)
Waterford
Galway
Sligo
Limerick
Bray

Conor H
15/11/2006, 2:05 PM
id have to agree with all the present premier teams staying in the top flight next season, and rovers going up due to their great support even though they were'nt playing the best football(3 of our games with them so far were close affairs and they would admit that themselves if they were honest)

but i have to say that if galway go up the only reason for it would be their location/catchment area because they arnt playing very good football either from what i've seen, there all physical and the same goes for dundalk who we played off the park this season. but i have to give credit to both their positions in the table.

Depor you're talking through your arse.From what you've seen?What twice in Cobh and once in Terryland.This UTD team has played excellent football and would give any team a good game.If Rovers are far superior how did we beat them twice?
Idiotic post with no grounds.know your facts.

NY Hoop
15/11/2006, 2:32 PM

Pats
Longford
Harps
Cobh
Monaghan
Athlone
Waterford
Galway
Sligo
Limerick
Bray

I know its what you prefer but why no Rovers? You in the same boat as student mullet?

KOH

micls
15/11/2006, 2:50 PM
Pats
Bohs
Shamrocks
Cork
Galway
Finn Harps
Derry
Galway
Drogs
Sligo
Longford
Waterford

no Shels as they could both do a dublin city mid season

In fairness Galway will be lucky to have one team...let alone two :D

Dodge
15/11/2006, 2:52 PM
I know its what you prefer but why no Rovers? You in the same boat as student mullet?

You're right. As long as Rovers have no ground, swap Rovers for UCD as long as they rent Richmond.

desaintsno.12
15/11/2006, 3:26 PM
Read what it says at the bottom, there is one club there per county. Thats what I ment by "Geographical Spread"

but why rovers out of curiousity ???

Terry
15/11/2006, 3:28 PM
they would have the biggest support

Mr A
15/11/2006, 3:50 PM
Not according to any of the stats I've seen here in the last few years they don't!

desaintsno.12
15/11/2006, 4:18 PM
terry where did you see that they have the best attendences ???
plus they have no ground or infastructure ? but everyone is entitled to their opinion (even if its wrong :p )

dublin15bohs
15/11/2006, 9:29 PM
Bohs
Bray
Shels
Cork
Derry
St Pats
Waterford
Longford
Drogs
Sligo
U.C.D
Galway

WeAreRovers
16/11/2006, 10:42 AM
terry where did you see that they have the best attendences ???
plus they have no ground or infastructure ? but everyone is entitled to their opinion (even if its wrong :p )

"Rovers have probably the best supporters in the country" Paul Osam, 13/11/2006.

Ozo publicly utters the great unspoken truth that bitter fans of smaller clubs refuse to acknowledge. ;)

And as for "infastructure" we're alright on that front cheers - over 20 schoolboy teams, IT Tallaght scholarship, educational links with Tallaght schools, dedicated full time club shop and offices etc etc.

You, on the other hand, have a ground and a pub owned by a property developer. That's not an infrastructure. :rolleyes:

KOH

Dodge
16/11/2006, 11:00 AM
Kudos on the shop/office in the industrial estate in Clondalkin.

WeAreRovers
16/11/2006, 11:43 AM
Kudos on the shop/office in the industrial estate in Clondalkin.

Very poor Dodge, at least wws puts a bit of time and effort into his efforts. ;)

KOH

pineapple stu
16/11/2006, 12:47 PM

I'm quoting that to preserve it Dodge! Never let me hear you complaining about one of our traditional 0-0s again! :)

Jaime
16/11/2006, 12:52 PM
over 20 schoolboy teams

Easy I suppose, when you can use your name and history to muscle in, rape and pillage the local team and get them into line.
:)

Ronnie
16/11/2006, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=WeAreRovers;575806]"Rovers have probably the best supporters in the country" Paul Osam, 13/11/2006.

Ozo publicly utters the great unspoken truth that bitter fans of smaller clubs refuse to acknowledge. ;)

And carlsberg probably have the best beer but we all know it tastes ****e.

WeAreRovers
16/11/2006, 1:39 PM
Easy I suppose, when you can use your name and history to muscle in, rape and pillage the local team and get them into line.
:)

It was actually the other way around - píss ant schoolboy club backs it's way into Ireland's most famous club and ends up taking it over and almost destroying it. But I take your point. ;)

KOH

Paddyfield
16/11/2006, 3:45 PM

Pats
Longford
Harps
Cobh
Monaghan
Athlone
Waterford
Galway
Sligo
Limerick
Bray

Hey Dodge, by including Mons and Longford, there will be Dublin Derbies. Where do these Clubs train? Where are their players from? Methinks Longford have more players from Dubland than Pat's:eek:

Dodge
16/11/2006, 3:51 PM
Very poor Dodge, at least wws puts a bit of time and effort into his efforts. ;)

I don't have to make the effort when you post like you did above.

Gerrit
16/11/2006, 3:56 PM
1. Shels
2. Bohs
3. Pats
4. Rovers
5. UCD
6. Drogheda
7. Cork City
8. Derry City
9. Longford Town
10. Sligo Rovers
11. Galway Utd
12. Finn Harps

seems a good balance of teams with nice grounds, good set of fans, and geographically well spread (hence why I'd include Finn Harps and Galway). Too many Dublin sides really, but the four bigger teams are just traditional sides and should be included (+ good for Shels to have some derby games) and UCD's just a charming enough team and should not be let out.

DvB
16/11/2006, 3:57 PM
I don't have to make the effort when you post like you did above.

And it shows! Bruutal effort Dodge, Bruutal! I suggest a temporary banning is in order!!:)

WeAreRovers
16/11/2006, 4:24 PM
And it shows! Bruutal effort Dodge, Bruutal! I suggest a temporary banning is in order!!:)

And the recovery was equally as weak. He's probably saving his grey matter for the quiz tonight.

KOH