PDA

View Full Version : Rovers announce McDonald as New manager

gustavo
14/11/2006, 2:23 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=221&Itemid=98

With thanks to Wild Rover!

Rory H
14/11/2006, 2:34 PM
so what do we think lads...personally im not convinced..he has an excellent record as a player and youth team coach but when its comes to management he aint done much...took de graafschap down i think and got sacked.

he does seem very pro. though...and his experiences are 2nd to no one ....i guess time will tell

he will be in bray friday..managing perhaps...

The Stars
14/11/2006, 6:26 PM
well if your not convinced,i would have hated to see you when Sean was appointed.Great move by the club IMO.His experience and contacts in the game should insure we have an even better squad next season,and hopefully do better,as in get into top 4.

Rory H
14/11/2006, 6:29 PM
well if your not convinced,i would have hated to see you when Sean was appointed.Great move by the club IMO.His experience and contacts in the game should insure we have an even better squad next season,and hopefully do better,as in get into top 4.

i thought sean connor would be a success.just because they have similar characteristics doesnt mean they are the same manager.

The Stars
14/11/2006, 6:33 PM
they dont have similar characteristics though?
Sean never played in any Major league,never had a full time managers job before us and never experienced getting the sack.
All of these will make McD an even bigger success.
It may not come straight away,as in our first season,but at least he is in the job now so he can build a squad for next season.

Rory H
14/11/2006, 6:44 PM
that is true and i like your attitude re the sacking at graafschap..its a good way to look at it

i think in his first season he will learn a lot seeing it is his first season managing in "a british style" league......hopefully people will be patient with him

yes at least now he is in the job but when sean resigned i said they should appoint someone within 2 weeks and you said that would be crazy because there was no rush!

SligoBrewer
14/11/2006, 6:45 PM
he the best option avaliable to us. i dont think any of us would have dreamed of getting as experienced a manager as Rob

Rory H
14/11/2006, 7:01 PM
well we were never going to get pat dolan and dykes gormans and carr were never really good prospects...have to hand it to the board for not taking the cheap option...

The Stars
14/11/2006, 8:17 PM
yes at least now he is in the job but when sean resigned i said they should appoint someone within 2 weeks and you said that would be crazy because there was no rush!

i did say it would be crazy...however,the board have been doing there homework on this lad for a few months at least,so it wasnt just that once sean left they went looking for someone.They had him in line as they were aware Sean was going.

sligoman
14/11/2006, 10:07 PM
I think what's vital is we all get behind him from the very beginning. This is something Sean said never happened(ie. the fans never had really liked him). We need to go from the start and that's Bray on Friday. Get behind Rob and the lads for the 90 minutes.

SligoBrewer
14/11/2006, 10:51 PM
we did sligo man... sean connr is a liar

Redzer
15/11/2006, 9:31 AM
Sean is a liar. He told us he never spoke to Bohs. The MC knew he was planning to go, as they had McDonald lined up. Sean took us all for fools.
I for one am happy to swop "Total Faith" for "Total Football".
If it's true he has left bills after him, then it proves the sort of man he is.
Wait till Bohs start on him. Death threats etc. I dont think he is strong enough mentally to hack that type of pressure.
Also delighted to see in The Weekender that O'Grady is not satisified with a 5th place finish. I think this team will go alot further, and McDonald could be the man to do it.

avvenalaf
15/11/2006, 12:24 PM
Lads, be careful with this 'Sean left debts after him' craic. Be sure you know what you're talking about because you are not protected by use of an internet name. I'm not saying that it may not be true, but if it is it is better left to the MC to sort out.

Royal rover
15/11/2006, 12:51 PM
agreed be very careful with comments like that lads, always use the great phrase allegedly, personally i'm delighted he's gone, i think was full of ****, also the board and the players new that he was leaving ages ago , this would explain the recent dip in form, it's very unprofessional i have little respect for him, , i'm delighted we have appointed this Mcdonald character, a big bualaidh bus to the board for their strategic planning, i think the best that's come out of this situation is the boards outlook and where they see the club in the future, it would of been far easier to appoint someone like Gerry Carr or Pat Dolan, i thank them for not looking at the easier option,

Rory H
15/11/2006, 1:01 PM
more words from rob

http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=222&Itemid=88

he is saying the right things anyway

Jeebus
16/11/2006, 3:39 PM
I likewhat he is saying big time about the style of footy is will play.

The good old 4-3-3 formation. It would remind you of our underage days playing with "the bombers" RT !!:D :D

gustavo
16/11/2006, 3:42 PM
its all very well and good going on about the style of football he will play but when the chips are down next season itll be interesting to see if we are playing total football.

Midgit
16/11/2006, 4:39 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_cotent&task=view&id=222&Itemid=88

Check that out lads!! Sounds like a real classy man to me although time will tell!

gustavo
16/11/2006, 7:15 PM
Discuss all things Rob McDonald in the thread called Rob McDonald!