PDA

View Full Version : Ireland B v Scotland B

Pages : [1] 2

drummerboy
14/11/2006, 12:48 PM
Was thinking of going to Dalymount tonight. Does anyone know the line-ups for the game. Can you pay at the game and how much are they charging for adults and kids.

Schumi
14/11/2006, 1:11 PM
Adults 15, kids 5. They're selling tickets from a caravan on St Peter's Road (think that's the road behind the shed, where Bohs used to sell tickets) up to kick off.

gustavo
14/11/2006, 1:12 PM
Was thinking on heading along too , whats the handiest bus to get from the centre ?

drummerboy
14/11/2006, 1:14 PM
19, 19a, 83, 10,

eirebhoy
14/11/2006, 1:16 PM
Ticket Info here:
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1390

I've changed the thread title as we might aswell make this the match thread. Team hasn't been announced yet afaik but McPhail is captain.

Billsthoughts
14/11/2006, 1:19 PM
Looking forward to it. should be some excellent banter between the two sets of supporters.

NeilMcD
14/11/2006, 1:22 PM
Yeah I hope they dont disgrace us and win the singing match. Reckon there will be a nice crowd of Scots over for the game as they have no senior game this week.

drummerboy
14/11/2006, 1:34 PM
Any well known players playing for Scotland. Heard on the news that the two Cork lads will be representing the EL in the starting eleven, however they didn't give the team

Schumi
14/11/2006, 1:40 PM
The squads are here (http://irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=5720). Pearson, Boyd, Maloney and Naismith are the only ones I recognise but I don't see much Scottish football.

The Irish team's been announced. See here (http://fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1432).

eirebhoy
14/11/2006, 1:45 PM
Any well known players playing for Scotland. Heard on the news that the two Cork lads will be representing the EL in the starting eleven, however they didn't give the team
Maloney and Thomson have pulled out through injury so they only have 16 players.

Webster, Whittaker, Smith, Adam, Scott Brown, Pearson, Naismith and Boyd should all be well known to anyone with a half an interest in the SPL. They'll probably all start. Every one of their squad is starting every week for their club.

/edit - I presume that Ireland team will line out something like:

---------------Randolph--------------
Foley---McCarthy---Bruce---Emmanuel
-----------------Gamble--------------
O'Donovan---McPhail---Gibson---O'Brien
-----------------Keogh---------------

tetsujin1979
14/11/2006, 1:54 PM
---------------Randolph--------------
Foley---McCarthy---Bruce---Emmanuel
-----------------Gamble--------------
O'Donovan---McPhail---Gibson---O'Brien
-----------------Keogh---------------

Devlin mentioned McCarthy and Randolph on the podcast so I'd imagine those 2 are definite starters. McPhail is captaining the side too.

Dodge
14/11/2006, 1:56 PM
Team announced. As above. Although I'd say O'Donovan will play upfront

bawn79
14/11/2006, 2:02 PM
Is it on telly anywhere?

Fubar
14/11/2006, 2:49 PM
is the game on tv??? cant see it anywhere and i really want to watch it!! :-(

pete
14/11/2006, 3:12 PM
Based on a few names i recognise in the scottish squad looks like their is stronger. Should be interesting match...

Does entrance entitle you to shout abuse at Pat Devlin? :)

tetsujin1979
14/11/2006, 3:17 PM
is the game on tv??? cant see it anywhere and i really want to watch it!! :-(

Not on the TV according to entertainment.ie - http://entertainment.ie/TV/display.asp?cat=TV
change the program type to "Sport" and you get all the sports listings on TV today.

Could still be on the radio - radio 1 long wave or newstalk maybe?

Stuttgart88
14/11/2006, 4:46 PM
Gutted I'm stuck in London for this.

It's on BBC Radio Scotland 810MW

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/whatson/search/daylist.cgi?service_id=50229&DAY=Today

eirebhoy
14/11/2006, 5:30 PM
I would have loved to go but it's the radio for me too.

micls
14/11/2006, 5:32 PM
Good luck to Roy and Joe especially.....do us proud

eirebhoy
14/11/2006, 6:35 PM
810 MW for those wanting to listen.

Fergie's Son
14/11/2006, 6:36 PM
Can't seem to get that on the web I'm afraid...or I'm just missing it :)

micls
14/11/2006, 6:46 PM
Can't seem to get that on the web I'm afraid...or I'm just missing it :)

I cant find it either

loscherland
14/11/2006, 6:51 PM
"Please note: for contractual reasons this match is only available to listeners in the UK."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotland/sportsound/index.shtml

micls
14/11/2006, 7:03 PM
:(fup sake

Billsthoughts
14/11/2006, 7:12 PM
according to newstalk....
paddy macarthy playing well...two cork lads playin well and alan o brien"terrorising" the scots down the wing.
0-0 so far 40 mins played

eirebhoy
14/11/2006, 7:27 PM
From the BBC commentary, Alan O'Brien is man of the first half but he went off after about 40 minutes for Hunt (just tactical I think). Joe Gamble is also getting a bit of a mention and had 2 good chances. Scotland should have had a peno but the ref thought it was a foul on Brown outside the box. Apparantly it was about a yard inside. :)

co. down green
14/11/2006, 8:22 PM
Final score Ireland B 0 Scotland B 0

Joe Gamble had a great effort on 83 mins

Ireland shaded it according to BBC Scotland.

gustavo
14/11/2006, 9:09 PM
Was a crap game i thought , dont know how Stephen Hunt is a Premiership player based on that , Stokes was lively when he came on , thought Keogh did well too

drummerboy
14/11/2006, 9:31 PM
Dropped down to Dalymount at 5 to buy some tickets as advertised. Had to wait until 5.40 before the tickets arrived for sale. Typical FAI.

Spoke to someone inside who said hundreds decided to turn back and go home as there was only 4 people selling the tickets.

Like the reports, game had plenty of effort but lacked thrills. Was impressed by Darren Gibson and Joe Gamble. Left full Emaneulle (sp?) wasn't bad. Thought McCarthy was a bit casual. O'Brien plenty of speed, but a bit windy. Kevin Foley was awarded man of the match. Stokes looked lively when he was introduced. Keeper Randolf looked assured. Staunton, McGeady, Morrisson, Duff, O'Shea, Miller, Elliott, Henderson made the effort to attend the game.

Fergie's Son
14/11/2006, 9:38 PM
Sounds like a fairly miserable night.

Am interested in Gibson, would be great if he broke through at Man. U.

tetsujin1979
14/11/2006, 10:05 PM
Didn't think it was a bad game. Thought it was competitive, although both sides lack a killer instinct up front. Naismith was good for the Scots, he started on the right and moved into the centre.
For Ireland, I thought Paddy McCarthy and Andy Keogh stood out. Gamble had some nice touches and probably Ireland's best chance on the night with a shot from just outside the 6 yard box very late on.
Stokes came on early in the second half and was playing behind Keogh and peeled off to the right. He did have some nice touches and some of Ireland's best work on the right happened when he came on.
Frecklington came on for Gibson and didn't do much for me. Emanuel started at left full and played the full 90. He was right in front of me in the first half and didn't look out of place.Certainly more deserving of his place than Alan O'Brien, who looked jaded and disinterested for most of the first half.
Darren Randolph was rarely called upon, but made a vital touch to a late free kick to keep the game scoreless.
Alex Bruce wasn't great, and O´Cearuill looked better in the 30 minutes he was on than the 60 Bruce was there.
McPhail just played the first half. I didn't see much of him from where I was.
Gibson was impressive, full of forward running and looked to make through balls to Keogh up front.
Quigley had little or nothing to do when he came on, I honestly don't think he touched the ball.

Other positives were that the team did seem organised, and worked hard for each other. Seeing as how most of the players had never played together before, this was impressive.
I did think we played a little narrow in the first half, with the defence and midfield similarly playing very close to each other, but this was less of an issue in the second half.

Ireland were probably lucky to get away with a draw, Bruce pulled back one of the Scots, and I'm convinced it was inside the area, but the referee was content to award a free kick right on the line of the box.
Pics to follow.

co. down green
14/11/2006, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a fairly miserable night.

Am interested in Gibson, would be great if he broke through at Man. U.

After missing the start of the season with injury, Gibson is starting to make an impression at the Man U feeder club, Royal Antwerp. He will probably spend the full season at Antwerp.

Darron Gibson was on target for Royal Antwerp in the 3-2 away win against K.R.C Wagerem in the Belgium second division clash

Gibson was again instrumental in midfield for the Belgian side and coordinated much of the supply to the Antwerp forward line. He was rewarded for his superb display with a well taken strike on 68 minutes.

Gibson was voted the 'man of the match' award the previous week in the win against KVSK United and recieved a special mention from the Antwerp coach.

"Nobody wanted to diminish the merit of any of the players by talking about individual performance, but coach Joyce still highlighted some names. “You can’t ignore Darren Gibson’s performance. The way he was distributing passes was phenomenal at times."

Poor Student
15/11/2006, 6:49 AM
I thought Keogh looked sharp up front. Held the ball up well, won it well in the air with some decent flick ons and looked lively. I thought McPhail looked quite comfrtable for the first half also. Alan O'Brien looked pretty unimpressive. The ball was worked out to him several times with good space and he didn't do much. He just likes a pace merchant who has no other tools to pass a defender.

DeNiro
15/11/2006, 7:30 AM
How did McPhail play? Was he taken off at half time for some reason? Seems unusual! Saw a snippet on news last night and stokes set up Keogh well! What were their two contributions like?

Peadar
15/11/2006, 8:21 AM
McPhail offered little last night. We were overrun in the middle for the entire game. Gibson wasn't much better. Potter was as bad.
O'Brien likes running around the place but never seems to know what to do with the ball.
Randolf, O'Cearuill, Foley, McCarthy did fairly well but McCarthy doesn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet.
Emmanuel was reasonable defensively but rarely got forward and the one time he did in the second half, the move had broken down by the time he got there.
Not sure how Foley got man of the match though.
For me, that was Joe Gamble.
He was involved in everything, breaking up play and spraying the ball around superbly. Playing out of position on the right flank, he had a great chance in either half and set up others. He linked really well with clubmate, O'Donovan, who also had a great game.
Keogh had a good first half but as the second half wore on, he really faded. He had some excellent chances but he finished like a centre-half. (Toure and Gallas excluded)
Stokes was lively when he came on and dropped deep to win the ball as the game got scrappy. He set Keogh up for was seemed to be the easiest chance of the game.
Long was introduced far too late in the game to have an impact but he will feature for Ireland again.
Hunt did much better than O'Brien on the left but I expect his age goes against him as de gaffer only likes kids, so O'Brien will continue to get into the senior squad ahead of him.
People will argue with me about Potter, McPhail, Gibson, etc. but anyone who does, will need to explain why we lost the midfield last night?

Not a bad game and Bohs had Dalyer in good shape for the fixture.
I certainly think it was worth playing this game.
Hope to see more B fixtures.

P.S. Hughes, the Falkirk manager and other Falkirik officials were also in attendance.

Dr. Ogba
15/11/2006, 8:35 AM
Went to the match last night - was a pretty dour affair.

Positives from the night:
Paddy McCarthy and Kevin Foley both looked quite impressive in defence, comfortable on the ball and got stuck in.
McPhail looked a class apart in the first half, got his foot on the ball and spread the play with some lovely passes.
Gamble looked lively enough a few poor passes aside.

Negatives:
Yer man Emanuel looked,how should I put this, portly...
Alan O'Brien had pace and nothing else - his final ball was shockin
O'Donovan was anonymous for the most part
Long only came on for 5 minutes......why?????

onenilgameover
15/11/2006, 8:41 AM
Was kinda dull...Scots were great in the pubs b4 hand...stokes looked ok and Mc Carthy was good. Midfiled was a mess and when O'brien off there was very little shape and the game died...

Reddladd
15/11/2006, 8:50 AM
There's alot of contrasting opinions on both the game and individual players. Did the lads who attended fall asleep as various times during the game!:D

macdermesser
15/11/2006, 9:10 AM
Very brief highlights

t2d6iozEP5M

Peadar
15/11/2006, 9:10 AM
O'Donovan was anonymous for the most part

You might want to ask the Scotish centre-half about that. The guy that he blew away with an effort on the edge of the box in the first half. The only decent chances in the first half involved Gamble and O'Donovan.

That video above shows a chance with O'Donovan and Gamble linking up and then Stokes putting it on a plate for Keogh, who finished poorly.

Dr. Ogba
15/11/2006, 9:17 AM
You might want to ask the Scotish centre-half about that. The guy that he blew away with an effort on the edge of the box in the first half. The only decent chances in the first half involved Gamble and O'Donovan.

That video above shows a chance with O'Donovan and Gamble linking up and then Stokes putting it on a plate for Keogh, who finished poorly.

Ah but I'm not looking at it through Cork-tinted specs now am I!! ;)

Peadar
15/11/2006, 9:21 AM
Ah but I'm not looking at it through Cork-tinted specs now am I!! ;)

Ah sure if he's not playing in England or for Chelsea sure he must be useless. :rolleyes:

Dr. Ogba
15/11/2006, 9:30 AM
Ah sure if he's not playing in England or for Chelsea sure he must be useless. :rolleyes:

Typical response from the EL supporter....:rolleyes:

gspain
15/11/2006, 9:46 AM
Good first half but poor second half after all the substitutions.

I thought Gamble had a great game. I was impressed b yfoley, McCarthy, Keogh looked good in patches but missed a sitter. Stokes impressed when he came on.

I was very disappointed at the small crowd. Our last B game was totally sold out v Northern Ireland.

tetsujin1979
15/11/2006, 9:48 AM
As promised pics from the game: http://picasaweb.google.com/tetsujin1979/IrelandBVSScotlandB
Have to say - Picasa is just too simple, import all pics from the camera, click upload to web album and bingo bango bongo - all pics available on the interweb!
They're a bit dark, the lighting wasn't the best.
Indicentally, the man leaning over to sign an autograph is your friend and mine - Walter Smith!

Peadar
15/11/2006, 9:56 AM
Typical response from the EL supporter....:rolleyes:

Typical cliches from people like you with your "O'Donovan was anonymous" rubbish. Read any paper today, with a report on the game and wonder why no one agrees with you. Then go back to drooling all over the mercenaries chasing the ruple.

Peadar
15/11/2006, 9:58 AM
As promised pics from the game

You must have been sitting down in front of me, tets.

gustavo
15/11/2006, 10:01 AM
Typical cliches from people like you with your "O'Donovan was anonymous" rubbish. Read any paper today, with a report on the game and wonder why no one agrees with you. Then go back to drooling all over the mercenaries chasing the ruple.

Think you are over reacting there Peadar , I doubt that Dr Ogba thought that O Donovan was anonymous due to any bias against the Eircom league.

tetsujin1979
15/11/2006, 10:05 AM
You must have been sitting down in front of me, tets.

I was in the Jodi stand, just above and to the left of the tunnel entrance

Dr. Ogba
15/11/2006, 10:07 AM

Bloody hell would you calm down man - I'm giving my honest opinion on the game which has nothing to do with whether a player played for the Eircom League or not (funny you didn't notice that I said that Gamble did alright)....The "Cork-tinted specs" comment was only a bit of banter cause you were specifically picking out the EL players for praise and was taken with a typical lack of humour.
Oh yeah just because a player play in England they are a mercenary???? Tell that to McCarthy, Foley, Stokes, Keogh and the rest....Get off yer bloody high-horse will ye...