PDA

View Full Version : Connor to be unveiled as manager on Monday

BohDiddley
14/11/2006, 7:52 AM
Irish Daily Mirror (not online): Sean Connor is set to be unveiled as the new Bohemians manager on Monday, according to the Mirror's Garry Doyle.
At a board meeting last night in Dalymount, the Bohs board spoke in favour of giving Connor the job. Sligo Rovers, meanwhile, are likely to announce Tony Gorman as their replacement for Connor today.

sligoman
14/11/2006, 9:38 AM
We're announcing our new manager at 1pm today. Supposed to be a Robert McDonald. Ex-Newcastle United player.

fbtn
14/11/2006, 9:45 AM
It is definitely Anthony Gorman. Just spoke to him there.

fbtn
14/11/2006, 10:24 AM
I'm only joking by the way :)

The Ball Boy
14/11/2006, 10:29 AM
I'm only joking by the way :)

Ya fooocker, you had me going there!!

gustavo
14/11/2006, 12:02 PM
Comes up trumps ? Before you've even seen him manage , bit hasty i think , Is this the same Cassidy who recommended him namsake Tommy ?

gustavo
14/11/2006, 12:44 PM
well gus, he has got us numerous decent players, a manager that altho was not everyones cup of tea, nor mine, got us in this position...the pros out weigh the cons, amd also to get a manager with that level of experience and i would say obvious contacts @ such notice...fair fcuks to him....i know hes prob gettin a few quid for it but job well done i say..

I dont doubt that he has done great service for us in the past and i am glad of that , but you cant say that he has come up trumps yet untill you see what kind of manager McDonald is .

NY Hoop
14/11/2006, 3:09 PM
According to the sun today (yeah I know) Connor will be on €100,000 a year?!

For that he had better do well or else he will be lynched if he loses a few games. Worrying amount of money to give a relatively inexperienced manager in this league.

KOH

Redzer
14/11/2006, 3:20 PM
According to the sun today (yeah I know) Connor will be on €100,000 a year?!

For that he had better do well or else he will be lynched if he loses a few games. Worrying amount of money to give a relatively inexperienced manager in this league.KOH
Fools and their money etc etc.

sonofstan
14/11/2006, 3:47 PM
It would be cool if some day a new manager was actually unveiled - proper ceremony, cloth over prospective gaffer, local TD or other dignatory to pull a sash cord and Voila! Dermot Keely, looking annoyed...

Stato
14/11/2006, 4:25 PM
Supposed to be a Robert McDonald. Ex-Newcastle United player.

Sure it isn't Ronald McDonald?

dcfcsteve
14/11/2006, 5:10 PM
rovers have signed Rob Mac Donald as their new manager! cheerio seanie, good ridence....timew to look to the future again & fair play to the board for swift action and gettin a guy, who on paper looks just like what we need!!

Any info for us on this guy ?

1 9 2 8
14/11/2006, 5:15 PM
Ha Ha 100k a year for three years that's day light robbery he's not worth it. I thought after Roddy Collins Bohs would be able to spot a bullshíter a mile away but obviously not. Good ridence

Rory H
15/11/2006, 12:53 PM
Any info for us on this guy ?

he's a complicated man but no one understands him but his woman;)

or look at sligorovers.com

he has big plans....lot of talk