PDA

View Full Version : Some people waste no time

Éanna
21/10/2002, 2:55 PM
Hull fanzine site (http://hullcity.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=959&p=2&stid=8280967)

Fans Forum

By C.I. Reporter
Date: 18/10/2002

A brief report on the latest fans forum when Peter Taylor met the fans for the first time. A packed house and lots of questions but nothing too revelationary though Taylor is very keen to do well.

FANS FORUM - OCTOBER 17th

Another fans forum was held last night. Another packed crowd of 600 fans in attendance and broadcast live on Radio Humberside.

Peter Taylor and Adam Pearson were the guests and faced the usual barrage of questions. A case of deja vue however as it only seemed five minutes since the last new manager was unveiled and everyone was on a similar high.

Nothing too substantial was discussed but here are the main points raised.

Adam Pearson is attempted to gain extended use of Boothfery Park after we move to the KC. He hopes that the property developer who owns the site will allow city to have an extended stay here for training and reserve team purposes. Plans to move to the Boulevard appear to be dead in the water now - so much for the council spending £750k on it to be a joint reserve venue then! Taylor is keen on training at Boothferry Park rather than on the Cottingham training pitch.

We have signed Delaney because Taylor rates him very high and if we did not act someone else would, he can play anywhere from attacking midfield to centreback! His true position is not known but he wants him. to strengthen the squad be it defence or midfeld.

Steve Burton impressed on Saturday and they are to offer him a new contract so hopefully not just one game and out! Taylor knows Alexander from his Gillingham days as he tried to sign him then and rates the player.

They are to look at all existing players and do not foresss the need for too many changes at present though a better picture will be achieved after a few games. They will review Branch & Jevons at the appropriate time but both impressed. They would be on decent wages if we signed them permanently though! Taylor wants a squad of around 24 who are potential first teamers so there could be further shedding to reduce the squad.

Dean Windass was again mentioned but again the rumours denied.

Colin Murphy is expected to join as Assistant manager and Steve Butler will be his coach. Taylor will be a tracksuit manager and will be on the training pitch every day with the team.

Taylor is very enthusiastic to come here and put us on the map. If bigger clubs come in for him again in a couple of years then both he & the club have done well. There will be no inflexible formations and apprpriate formations and tactics will be made for games. Taylor hopes to take us through two divisions as soon as possible. He rates the squad as fairly comparable to that of Brighton though lacking Zamora.

Break even is currently 8500 but this will rise to 9500 at the KC though gates may need to be higher if we signed players such as Branch. We are not in debt and one of few clubs making money.

Taylor will not tolerate any drinking and club fines will be in operation if anyone fails to be profesional. He does not intend to publicly criticise players but players will be dropped if performance levels drop.

Glennon joins Carlisle today and we are to sign a young keeper to replace him next week.

Both Taylor and Pearson were very enthusiastic about the future and aim to bring success. They could cope with a season of consolidation but we can safely assume they do want promotion this season if we can quickly catch up with the leading pack.

We also have an open day on December 16th to look around the new stadium

Éanna
21/10/2002, 2:57 PM
Taylor´s there how long? About 10 days or so and he´s met the fans. How long has Gunther been in charge and he won´t even acknowledge us :mad: :rolleyes:

Colm
21/10/2002, 3:05 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Taylor´s there how long? About 10 days or so and he´s met the fans. How long has Gunther been in charge and he won´t even acknowledge us :mad: :rolleyes: I notice Gunther doesnt even bother to write a managers address type thingy in the programme anymore.:rolleyes:

Although maybe thats for the best!;)

Éanna
21/10/2002, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I notice Gunther doesnt even bother to write a managers address type thingy in the programme anymore.:rolleyes:
I don´t think he ever actually wrote it. They probably shoved a dictaphone in his face and then played it back and quoted a few grunts from him to make it up. :)

pete
22/10/2002, 9:27 AM
Is that article saying Hull need 8500 attendance or £8500 per week to break even?

:confused:

rovertiger27
25/10/2002, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone Hull City fan here, the figures your on about are the break even figures for Boothfeery Park, The figures for the new stadium are 9,500.
The form we've hit lately has pushed the attendance past both those figures all ready, so it's looking good.

As you know we've recently bought young Damien Delaney from Leicester, is he a good prospect? I've seen him play his first game but i need to see him play a few to come to any judgement of him.

Are you doing ok in the League? i'm sorry to say i've not took a lot of notice of the Irish Leagues but i will from now on. Do you think it would be worthwhile me having Cork City as my second team?

What's this about Colin Murphy? Is he a bit of a rogue?

Take care till next time.

Shed End John
25/10/2002, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I notice Gunther doesnt even bother to write a managers address type thingy in the programme anymore.:rolleyes:

I noticed it too. Right damning indictment of his attitude towards us, the paying customers and people without who there'd be NO club.
Rovertiger27, Delaney is an absolutely sensational player who we were VERY annoyed to lose in the first place. Secondly, yes it would be worth your while adopting CCFC as your 2nd team. We're hopeful of winning a few trophies next season, preferably at the expense of the Dublin clubs.

Murphy Out Now!!!
McCarthy Out Now!!!

Pablo
25/10/2002, 1:08 PM
Colin Murphy walked out on us after only a couple of weeks in charge when he got a better offer from Leicester. he then proceed to rape us of our best youth team striker and damien delnay for a palty 50k.

watch you back!

Delany is a good player aright. excellent left foot, so you've got a good one there i'd say

pete
25/10/2002, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by rovertiger27
Hi everyone Hull City fan here, the figures your on about are the break even figures for Boothfeery Park, The figures for the new stadium are 9,500.
The form we've hit lately has pushed the attendance past both those figures all ready, so it's looking good.

As you know we've recently bought young Damien Delaney from Leicester, is he a good prospect? I've seen him play his first game but i need to see him play a few to come to any judgement of him.

Are you doing ok in the League? i'm sorry to say i've not took a lot of notice of the Irish Leagues but i will from now on. Do you think it would be worthwhile me having Cork City as my second team?

What's this about Colin Murphy? Is he a bit of a rogue?

Take care till next time.

9,500 seems a lot for the English 3rd division but with my limted knowledge Hull City would appear to be one of the bigger 3rd division clubs.

I never saw Delaney at youth level but he looked very good for brief spell he had at 1st team level - was in no way surprised he left so soon although price was an insult. Seemed a very comfortable player on the ball from the start of his career & wouldn't have looked out of place in centre midfield. I think he was on the fringes of the Ireland u-21 team in his last 2 years.

Dunno if i'd force CCFC anyone as we support them by birthright ;)

My only connect to Hull is I lived there for a year or two in the early 70's - i have no memories of though. :D

rovertiger27
25/10/2002, 2:16 PM
Thank you one and all for your replies. I'll certainly take a keen interest in young Damien whilst he's still with us, he sounds like a good buy for us who are desperate to get out of this division.

Shed End John:
Why McCarthy out now? i thought he was doing a good job with the International side?

I'll definitely be having Cork City as my second team, i could never bring myself to follow another English team, there's only Hull City for me in England.

Pete:

9,500 was our average gate last season and it looks like it will be very easily beat this season especially as we're close to going into our new stadium. If you go to www.hullsuperstadium.com and go to the webcam you'll see our new 25,000 seater stadium. We're really excited about going into it although we're sad at leaving Boothferry Park after 54 years.

The reason we're so well supported in the 3rd Division is because we're the 7th largest city in England and where we're situated on the East Coast at the end of the Motorway.

You are all very welcome to come onto our site at www.hullcityafc.net. It's a friendly site where you can have a good talk about football or anything else.

Take care 'til next time

Éanna
25/10/2002, 2:31 PM
If you go to www.hullsuperstadium.com and go to the webcam you'll see our new 25,000 seater stadium.

nice :)

Pablo
25/10/2002, 2:38 PM
thats a share with the rugby isnt it? we should do that with the Gaelic and hurling teams ;)

rovertiger27
25/10/2002, 7:22 PM
Yea that's right Pablo, it has special grass to stand up to the rigors of both games. There's plastic strands woven into it to strenghthen it.What did you think to the stadium? We've had a bit of luck with the local Council and they're paying for it. There's all weather pitches for Football, Hockey and such like. There's an indoor arena for different sports as well, it's all cost £43.5 million.
The Council got the money from the floated shares of the local Telephone Companywhich they own, i think it was £200 million+, they still have 49% shares left for a rainey day.

Troy.McClure
26/10/2002, 12:13 PM
Shed End John:
Why McCarthy out now? i thought he was doing a good job with the International side?

No Keane
Duff up front
Kilbane on the left
Breen on the pitch
O'Shea on the bench
Cant even mouth the national anthem propperly

Re: Damian Delaney

Im prob the only one that thinks he wasnt a great player. Maybe it was because Mountfield was in charge or because he was playing out of position, but he wasnt exactly a super star and only started getting real acclaim when he went to England. I'll hand it to him though that he was very mature for his age and a good athlete, but I'd rather Hoggie instead of Damian.

Colm
26/10/2002, 1:09 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

Im prob the only one that thinks he wasnt a great player.You're not, I never really rated him either. Id prefer have Hoggie or Greg in my team any day.

Troy.McClure
26/10/2002, 1:25 PM
Oh ya, the only reason that he got into the team was because Gaz went to Rovers.

Éanna
27/10/2002, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Im prob the only one that thinks he wasnt a great player. Maybe it was because Mountfield was in charge or because he was playing out of position, but he wasnt exactly a super star and only started getting real acclaim when he went to England. I'll hand it to him though that he was very mature for his age and a good athlete, but I'd rather Hoggie instead of Damian.
I wasn´t as impressed by him as other people, but he was out of position and when he played centre-mid for the youths he lokked very good.