PDA

View Full Version : Irish accent sexiest in the world

Pages : [1] 2

Conor H
13/11/2006, 10:03 PM
According to the Panel who say a survey was carried out and revealed we have the sexiest accent in the World.

I wonder what tourists/non Irish find the best?A hardcore Dublin/galway/cork/Donegal what?
As the Panel briefly said they're some accents that are crap really.

Maybe it's just our general accent and attitude to life?

Magicme
14/11/2006, 9:10 AM
Have always been partial to a nordy accent like Derry or Tyrone.

osarusan
14/11/2006, 9:29 AM
From the people I work with over here, a mix of men and women from basically anywhere that English is the mother tongue, the girls mostly think that a soft Scottish accent is the sexiest of the lot.

paul_oshea
14/11/2006, 9:32 AM
the girls mostly think that a soft Scottish accent is the sexiest of the lot.

see in a way i think the derry accent sorta falls into that too or north east donegal!

anto1208
14/11/2006, 9:47 AM
I cant stand a northern accent it cut through me like nails on a blackboard .

that and the Dub accent there is nothing more soul destroying than arriving at a lovely holiday resort having a great first night then being woken up the next morning when the dubs arrive to " Ah Jazus bud wha are yous doing " etc etc then they proceed to sit at the bar getting twisted and fighting while there ******* kids run riot :mad: .

have to say an irish accent is a weapon if i could bottle it id be a millionare ,couple my sexy clare accent with my devilishly handsome good looks and the women cant resist it ;) , throw out an ould 33and a 1/3 and there knickers drop off :D

Magicme
14/11/2006, 10:00 AM
Sorry Anto (and my lovely Galway mates) but have to say the South and West accents dont do it for me at all. Yuck.

Conor H
14/11/2006, 10:55 AM
have to say an irish accent is a weapon if i could bottle it id be a millionare ,couple my sexy clare accent with my devilishly handsome good looks and the women cant resist it ;) , throw out an ould 33and a 1/3 and there knickers drop off :D

Happned to me before alright.2 English girls asked me to say 33 and 1/3......... and when i said it;)

paul_oshea
14/11/2006, 11:45 AM
have to say from living and going back on holliers 3 times, in teh states and canada the west of ireland accent works wonders, partly because most irish they hear are from mayo, galway, sligo/donegal, they go for it big time!! Im not the best looking lad but im the best looking that chats to the birds over there hehe, no seriously though they look at me, like who is this fella coming up but then as soon as i start chatting they love it!!! looks dont come into the equation at all!! :D

too common over here in england, still though certain places it can work wonders ;)

Jock MIB
14/11/2006, 11:56 AM
the girls mostly think that a soft Scottish accent is the sexiest of the lot.

i have to agree with this definately for me here in south west ireland where this Miiisssshhhh Moneypenny do you fannnchhhy a shhhhh****ggg line i can get away with without a slap in the face like in Glasgow :)

strangeirish
14/11/2006, 1:58 PM
The Irish accent is a knickers dropper in the US. Good for business too.:D

paul_oshea
14/11/2006, 2:56 PM
is that how you met your wife strangeirish :p

strangeirish
14/11/2006, 3:26 PM
is that how you met your wife strangeirish :p
Actually, kind of. I hit her on the ankle with a pool ball. Went to apologise and the rest as they say, is history. Best shot I've ever taken.:D

paul_oshea
14/11/2006, 3:36 PM
that was the only shot ;)

funny ive tried similar things, except i miss the whole time!!! :D

Kildare Lad
14/11/2006, 5:57 PM
During the summer, on Today FM, the Kildare accent was voted sexiest in Ireland.

Just saying...........

Conor H
14/11/2006, 7:35 PM
During the summer, on Today FM, the Kildare accent was voted sexiest in Ireland.

Just saying...........

Really?
My cousins are from Kildare and they sound exactly like Dubs.As a matter of interest what was the Top 3 do ya recall?

osarusan
15/11/2006, 2:18 AM
Really?
My cousins are from Kildare and they sound exactly like Dubs.

Agree. When I was in Uni in Maynooth, it was strange to see all the older generation speaking with Kildare accents, while all the young lads were speaking with Dublin accents.

I've noticed the same thing in some of the towns and villages around Limerick (with Limerick accents obviously).

Is it a "wannabe tough" thing?

anto1208
15/11/2006, 8:18 AM
Agree. When I was in Uni in Maynooth, it was strange to see all the older generation speaking with Kildare accents, while all the young lads were speaking with Dublin accents.

I've noticed the same thing in some of the towns and villages around Limerick (with Limerick accents obviously).

Is it a "wannabe tough" thing?

yea the wannabe scoabs :D , we have them near me little posh rich kids with the tracksuits and baseball caps half on with the worst put on limerick accent ive ever heard .

swain
15/11/2006, 8:46 AM
yea the wannabe scoabs :D , we have them near me little posh rich kids with the tracksuits and baseball caps half on with the worst put on limerick accent ive ever heard .

Yeah, it's sad, You'd hear more "Limerick" accents in places like Croom than Limerick City. Nooda mean sham? Gis a fag willo? The Limerick accent is flat, that other thing is just a waah accent, I'm from from a so-called tough part of town where people from the same block of houses can have accents that are either normal or shammy;) It's put on big time.

First
15/11/2006, 9:16 AM
The Clare accent goes down ( excuse the pun ) very well in Alabama:)

BohsPartisan
15/11/2006, 2:36 PM
Yeah when I was in the states you really noticed the amount of attention the ladies were paying you dramaticly increase after you started talking. Having said that for those purposes I was really playing up the accent, giving it a bit of the Derby O'Gill.

Kildare Lad
15/11/2006, 5:51 PM
I dunno what the top 3 was, a friend just told me that the Kildare accent was No.1

Yeah, alot of people move down to Kildare from dublin so that may explain how some of us sound like dubs! But i can assure you most of u dont!

micls
15/11/2006, 5:55 PM
From the people I work with over here, a mix of men and women from basically anywhere that English is the mother tongue, the girls mostly think that a soft Scottish accent is the sexiest of the lot.

Have to agree with that

sligoman
15/11/2006, 11:02 PM
Have always been partial to a nordy accent like Derry or Tyrone.Well it does sound exactly like the Monaghan one so basically you like yer own accent?:confused: ;)

Magicme
16/11/2006, 7:48 AM
No dont like the thick Monaghan accent. Like further north. Used to be a fan of scottish but not anymore.

Jock MIB
16/11/2006, 8:50 AM
No dont like the thick Monaghan accent. Like further north. Used to be a fan of scottish but not anymore.

why did he wear boxers under his kilt, is that why your put off by the scots now :)

Magicme
16/11/2006, 9:49 AM
No just the scots accent doesnt do it for me the same way it used to.

Jock MIB
16/11/2006, 1:37 PM
No just the scots accent doesnt do it for me the same way it used to.

thats a shame :p

BohsPartisan
16/11/2006, 1:42 PM
Scouse accent does it for me every time!

Kildare Lad
16/11/2006, 4:50 PM
Scouse accent does it for me every time!

Snap!

Conor H
16/11/2006, 10:44 PM
Instead of starting a new thread what are people's top 3 Irish accents in order of preference.

1.Derry
2. Donegal
3.Dublin.

BohsPartisan
16/11/2006, 10:58 PM
I presume we're talking on members of the opposite sex here?

Conor H
16/11/2006, 11:00 PM
I presume we're talking on members of the opposite sex here?

Well it's whatever you're into BP but yes preferably the opposite sex.:p

Actually i suppose you could just say what your favourite accents are in general but for me an accent is made better when you fancy a girl and then they speak!

sligoman
16/11/2006, 11:03 PM
what are people's top 3 Irish accents in order of preference.1. Cork
2. Derry
3. Some Dub accents.

BohsPartisan
17/11/2006, 7:49 AM
Wicklow (in case my wife sees this!) :D
Derry
Navan :cool:

Magicme
17/11/2006, 7:54 AM
I love the Scouse accent too.

But Irish ones:

1. Derry
2. Tyrone
3. Fermanagh

*special mention to one southern one that I dont mind.....Athlone.

paul_oshea
17/11/2006, 10:01 AM
Athlone dont have a bloody accent!!!! they have a roscommon/galway accent!!!

Magicme
17/11/2006, 10:49 AM
Ok but the few folks I know from down there have a lovely accent.....

paul_oshea
17/11/2006, 12:59 PM
magicme that would be the roscommon accent then ;)

Magicme
17/11/2006, 2:45 PM
oh well...could be worse....could b a Mayo one!

Jock MIB
17/11/2006, 3:30 PM
my top three accents

1) irish blonde
2) irish brunette
3) any blonde whats so ever!!!!

Thunderblaster
18/11/2006, 5:41 PM
Well it does sound exactly like the Monaghan one so basically you like yer own accent?:confused: ;)

There is a big difference between the Derry accent and the Monaghan accent.

Magicme
20/11/2006, 8:23 AM
Dam rite Thunderblaster....actually was thinking of u the other day when was in Eason's. There is a book out about electrical storms and was thinking if I knew u thats what u would be getting for christmas!

sligoman
20/11/2006, 9:00 AM
Dam rite ThunderblasterMost people in the south wouldn't know the difference though:p.

First
20/11/2006, 4:48 PM
Most people in the south wouldn't know the difference though:p.

But we could tell the difference between the Sligo Town:) accent and the rest of the county or is it just Cranmore masquarading as Limerick :p

Green Tribe
21/11/2006, 11:57 AM
There is a big difference between the Derry accent and the Monaghan accent.

exactly! My preference is a nice south Down accent(not being biased as my accent is mixed Down/Fermanagh!)

Hate Scottish accent, it is too rough still can't understand what they are saying half the time.

Apart from that, Derry or soft Galway

paul_oshea
21/11/2006, 1:04 PM
i liked to know what you think soft galway is, im thinking you mean east/south galway which sounds so boggerish.

Conor H
21/11/2006, 5:55 PM
West Galway is the best accent.Us City folk don't sound "boggerish".

paul_oshea
22/11/2006, 9:18 AM
should that not be "We"

Thunderblaster
22/11/2006, 11:09 PM
actually was thinking of u the other day when was in Eason's. There is a book out about electrical storms and was thinking if I knew u thats what u would be getting for christmas!

What is the title of the book? I love looking at the thunderstorm videos on www.youtube.com.

Magicme
23/11/2006, 8:18 AM
What is the title of the book? I love looking at the thunderstorm videos on www.youtube.com.

I cant remember. will have a look later and see if I can remember for ya.