PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie in the Star

DotTV
13/11/2006, 10:18 AM
I had to laugh when I read the headline in the Star "Green Army Split Over Keano" and then "Fans Urge Stand to Drop Keane".
The reporter then goes on to say that about 40 fans have been engaged in debate about whether Keane should be dropped.
I don't mean any offence to anyone here but "40 fans" is not "the Green Army" and surely is not representative of the 40,000 who will attend the game and the few hundred thousand that will watch on TV.
Is this what journalism has become today?

eirebhoy
13/11/2006, 10:29 AM
Foot.ie is in the Star every other week... :)

DotTV
13/11/2006, 10:57 AM
Lazy reporting.
You lot should be copyrighting your comments!

Peadar
13/11/2006, 11:11 AM

Could that prevent them from quoting the comments, and supplying the source? :confused:

Schumi
13/11/2006, 11:35 AM
Probably not but it'd look a bit silly quoting someone called DotTV (no offense!) in the paper. :D

John83
13/11/2006, 11:41 AM
Lazy reporting.
Copyright is assumed, though something as short as either of our posts hardly qualifies. If someone here writes a good long post on why Robbie should be dropped, or on the mating habits of the lesser spotted Fenlon, it's copyrighted by default. Saying that someone on here has been calling for Robbie to be dropped, or that Fenlon ... (I'm not going to make something up for that - could lead to mental scarring), that's not a problem.

geysir
13/11/2006, 2:26 PM
Hardly a raging debate about Robbie.
Altogether 3 posters in that thread said Keane should be dropped.
With one of the 3 perplexingly saying that he should be replaced by Doyle.

gufct
13/11/2006, 2:34 PM
Billy Scanlan is a lazy git and is a disgrace of a journalist. He checks this site all the time (it was him who blew the whistle on the germany tickets).

wws
13/11/2006, 2:55 PM
will ya get a grip ffs
most of the stuff in things like the star or more especially the star on sunday and herald is just filler

only a Grade A moron would expect a good read in it

Dawn_Run
13/11/2006, 3:37 PM
Billy Scanlan is a lazy git and is a disgrace of a journalist. He checks this site all the time (it was him who blew the whistle on the germany tickets).

Missed that - what happened there?

NY Hoop
13/11/2006, 3:55 PM
The same Star that had a match report from our game friday saying we had won 3-0:rolleyes:

Lazy journalism. Clowns.....

KOH

lopez
13/11/2006, 4:53 PM
...only a Grade A moron would expect a good read in itI thought it was only good for toilet paper. :eek:

Any other of the 'neo-colonial' fourth estate looking in? I'd like to see the Daily Express headline 'Green Army Split Over Whether Keano Involved In Assasination Of Princess Diana.' :rolleyes:

cheifo
13/11/2006, 4:56 PM
I think he was definatley invovled.

carloz
13/11/2006, 6:42 PM
wahey, i was the one that started the drop Robbie thread, mainly because i had become disillushioned with him. I got an article in the Star...............sort of

Paddy Garcia
13/11/2006, 7:41 PM
wahey, i was the one that started the drop Robbie thread, mainly because i had become disillushioned with him. I got an article in the Star...............sort of

If you started thatthreat, then you certainly deserve it. Well done.

The Legend
13/11/2006, 8:26 PM
Where's the "Staunton Out" article!

gustavo
14/11/2006, 8:48 AM
I wonder will the "Lazy Journalists" article be next.

DotTV
14/11/2006, 9:42 AM
Somebody said 3 guys on the thread called for Robbie to be dropped and this mong reported that the "Green Army" are split over whether he should play or not.
I know it's a tabloid snot rag but surely they can do better than that!

The Legend
14/11/2006, 8:45 PM
where in the article was foot.ie mentioned?

theworm2345
15/11/2006, 2:48 AM
Where's the "Staunton Out" article!
Yes, if my petition makes the newspaper someone tell me, it should help me get into college (assuming he does get fired) :)

Pauro 76
15/11/2006, 2:36 PM
Any time I get to read the rag (not very often), this site gets a mention... lazy journalism is damn right. Too lazy to do a vox pop out on the street? I know let’s scan a football website. how is he actually employed? let’s all post in Greek or something next time he’s looking for a few quotes from fans....

John83
17/11/2006, 4:00 PM
Any time I get to read the rag (not very often), this site gets a mention... lazy journalism is damn right. Too lazy to do a vox pop out on the street? I know let’s scan a football website. how is he actually employed? let’s all post in Greek or something next time he’s looking for a few quotes from fans....
Personally, I'm a fan of multibabel (http://www.tashian.com/multibabel/).

dahamsta
17/11/2006, 4:12 PM
I agree with PAURO 7.

_ takes with the I (you take in the morning well-taken care of) this situation of the east cloth, that one that reads the extermination to the morning, this place receives the reference to the morning..., to also ugly _ for, the one that has this corrected east journalism putrid, the end to unload the healthful voice putrid, of that one to the interior that requirement the diverse number? How _ could really doing to the mines let_s that this one sweeps the material this rugbi of the site of the Web, the end if to use them he here is? _ Greece or this small citation of the number of the certain work of all the this controls this time-follows let_s of He_s. _ of postings to bring...

Pauro 76
17/11/2006, 4:22 PM
I agree with PAURO 7.

Originally Posted by PAURO 7
_ takes with the I (you take in the morning well-taken care of) this situation of the east cloth, that one that reads the extermination to the morning, this place receives the reference to the morning..., to also ugly _ for, the one that has this corrected east journalism putrid, the end to unload the healthful voice putrid, of that one to the interior that requirement the diverse number? How _ could really doing to the mines let_s that this one sweeps the material this rugbi of the site of the Web, the end if to use them he here is? _ Greece or this small citation of the number of the certain work of all the this controls this time-follows let_s of He_s. _ of postings to bring...

That makes more sense than my normal posts! :)