PDA

View Full Version : Talk The Game Up

iancruickshank
11/11/2006, 9:13 PM
Noticed there seemed to be positive reaction by players against Bohes when supporters really got vocal behind them. Even when they were under pressure, a bit of vocal seemed to help. It would be great to have constant noise against Sligo, similar to what happened up in Droghada. Start to encourage people to come for the last game against Sligo. Talk The Game Up.

Eoingull
12/11/2006, 2:53 PM
Good call, Ian. I'm flying home for it, and will try to get a couple of my flakey friends to come along!

Hulsey
13/11/2006, 12:44 PM
Start to encourage people to come for the last game against Sligo. Talk The Game Up.

Great idea Ian, but unfortunately in theory its much harder than that. The amount of times I've got friends to say they'd come up for the one game to give irish football a chance, only to hear "something came up" or " i'm too tired maybe next week" really is unbelievable. People complain that the standard of football in the league is poor, yet they are happy to watch a bog standard side like liverpool, who on current form would be given a good game by a team like Derry, or a nil all draw between charlton and watford, which is beyond belief. If they would just go along to see their local team instead then the clubs would get extra finance, which leads to a more professionally run outfit, which translates to a better performance on the pitch. But this won't happen till the pub fans start getting behind the eircom league like they do the premiership:mad: ! Well thats my little rant for the day over:D

iancruickshank
13/11/2006, 6:08 PM
Hulsey; You're dead right, unfortunatley people can't be bothered to make the effort or spend the money to watch, especially if they aren't guaranteed a win , or even a greart game. But one of the ways people will eventualy decide to make the effort and spend the money, is when they are personaly asked, by us. They may go, not because of Bray Wanderers but because of you, as a mate asking them and continuinly showing an interest in the club and them. For the past year I've been inviting people, speaking about the results, good or bad, and this week I'll be doing the same again. I have had some people come along, and FOR THIS SEASON THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE. AND AT A TIME WHEN THE CLUB MAY NEED IT, I've been asking again. Talk Up The Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sligoman
15/11/2006, 10:52 PM
Please be quiet at the match and roll over for us;).

Stevo Da Gull
16/11/2006, 7:57 PM
We should try and go all out in terms of atmosphere tomorrow night anyway, the atmosphere at the Bohs game was'nt great. Lets give the players a great send-off after a tough season for the club, hopefully it can end on a real high. The players have been showing a belief in themselves and in the team recently which looked to have gotten lost somewhere after the Waterford away game (the 1-1). Its seasons like this that test the relationship between fans and players and hopefully we can play our part in getting a result against Sligo.:ball:

Come On Wanderers!!

Stevo Da Gull
16/11/2006, 8:19 PM
Please be quiet at the match and roll over for us;).

Eh, I dont think so;)
How many are ye expecting to bring down anyway. There was a good crowd from Sligo last time on a Tuesday.

PS - Leave the Foyzer flag at home :D

Rory H
16/11/2006, 8:34 PM
Eh, I dont think so
How many are ye expecting to bring down anyway. There was a good crowd from Sligo last time on a Tuesday.

PS - Leave the Foyzer flag at home :D
i can promise you we will outsing ye:cool:

id say 100-150...

i made that flag and bray was its first game...and bray will be its last game...so salute it when you see it...hope that tree is still there:p