PDA

View Full Version : Rams vs Galway

rambler14
11/11/2006, 8:26 PM
Well Lads I think the shocking standard of Eircom League reffing was evident tonight. The referee was absolutely useless.
He never gave advantage which affected Ramblers more than Galway as Galway were constantly fouling. Not naming names but that Wesley Charles is a disgrace pulling and draggin at every opportunity. I never realised Galway had become such a dirty team.
That foul by Cleary on Cummins was missed aswell that was a straight red as Cleary was obviously the last man.
His assistants didn't help him out either as they wrongly called Graham Cummins offside and disallowed his goal.
He missed a blatant handball aswell in the last minute it was a definite penalty.
Although I must say Ramblers were not that great:
Davin looked lost.
Alan Carey and Kenny Coleman were useless. Carey in particular.
James McCarthy was better off leaving someone else take his kicks he was useless.
Must say we deserved a goal though 1-0 wasn't a fare result!

nismo
11/11/2006, 8:30 PM
fair play to hendo about the refs..falvey was also useless!

exiled_gufc_fan
11/11/2006, 8:33 PM
That foul by Cleary on Cummins was missed aswell that was a straight red as Cleary was obviously the last man.

Yep - I agree with ya on that one!

Can't say much about the handball as the web streaming wasn't the most reliable (more likely bloody NTL) and I missed most of the last five mins.

Dj Duffer
11/11/2006, 9:08 PM
Rams deserved something after the 2nd half performance.. Sorry lads i missed hedos interview after the game, what did he say?

nismo
11/11/2006, 9:44 PM
Henderson - "I thought we should have one it to be honest" ... He was glad the camera's were here tonight" ... so people could see the "deficiencies" in the standard of match officials. He wasn't saying anything more in case he was fined!!! plus more..

Paddyfield
11/11/2006, 10:33 PM
I don't think that GUFC is a dirty team although we robbed Cobh of a point.

The ref should've gone to Specscavers before the game. Mind you, refs have been robbing us all season. Last week, we had a blatant handball ignored (blatant being an understatement, he should've been a basketball player) as well as a disallowed goal. That's life. All that GUFC has to do now is beat Kilkenny and hope that Dundalk slip up in Finn Park.

Henderson seems to be a good manager. What would be like if he was armed with a cheque book? Are you watching, Derry City?

don ramo
11/11/2006, 11:29 PM
He does have a ceque book, hes had more money than any previous manager at the club and we were in the premier division, and by the way that was a dirty game by galway, even the fans admitted the ref was a disgrace, and he didint do us favours thats for sure

Terry
12/11/2006, 8:31 AM
I agree with nearly everything yer saying except that Cummins was offside as I had the perfect view. Was an extremely poor match though in fairness

Conor H
12/11/2006, 9:21 AM
Also for the 2nd week in a row UTD had a perfectly good goal disallowed.Linesman should learn the rules.

Terry
12/11/2006, 9:29 AM
the trouble with that linesman was he was so unfit he couldnt stay inline with the play so was only guessing the off sides and other incorrect calls he made, pathetic

Conor H
12/11/2006, 9:35 AM
the trouble with that linesman was he was so unfit he couldnt stay inline with the play so was only guessing the off sides and other incorrect calls he made, pathetic

:D True!
But it just shows how inept the standard is.What if Cobh had equalised late on?It would be season over.Henderson made a good point about the Cameras been able to show the quality of refereeing but unfortunately for him it could land him in it!

Henderson along with the rest of the Cobh team we're applauded off the pitch at the end of the game last night and while i was leaving a Cobh squad member/coach? told me they really appreciated it.

Terry
12/11/2006, 12:15 PM
they were shocked when we applauded them off alright, and acknowledged it too. Not a bad team, just need a goalkeeper and someone up front.

don ramo
12/11/2006, 1:57 PM
There is notin wrong with our goalkeeper we have mccarthy who played last night and and have pakie holden they get rotated a lot i wouldnt critcise my keeper id criticise my defenders, we had brossie earlier in the season and he was a rock, the manager spat out hes dummie and shipped him out, as for up front we had kieran o reilly out all season willie bruton was only allowed play the last few games so isnt sharp, mikey o shea is out tilll next season so thats two very good attackin options gone and bruton is lacking match sharpness, which is hendos fault, but i suppose a referee up front would be the best solution to everyones problems but there not fast enogh, so i dunno what well do,

roll on next seaon well get rid of the slackers and have a fully fit squad and will get promoted ( hopefully without hendo we want up next year not 2008 ) :ball:

rambler14
13/11/2006, 9:36 PM
Solution to the referee problem:
TAKE THE ENGLISH APPROACH START CHUCKIN COINS, IT SOLVED THE PROBLEM AT THE WEEKEND WITH THE 4TH OFFICIAL IN THE SWANSEA vs NEWPORT COUNTY GAME.
IMAGINE SOMEONE LIKE MARK GOUGH COMES TO RAMBLERS MAKES A BAD DECISION AND SOMEONE CLINGS HIM WITH A 50 CENT COIN.
IT'D BE WRONG BUT IT WOULD FUNNY ASWELL THOUGH.

Conor H
13/11/2006, 9:38 PM
TAKE THE ENGLISH APPROACH START CHUCKIN COINS, IT SOLVED THE PROBLEM AT THE WEEKEND WITH THE 4TH OFFICIAL IN THE SWANSEA vs NEWPORT COUNTY GAME.
IMAGINE SOMEONE LIKE MARK GOUGH COMES TO RAMBLERS MAKES A BAD DECISION AND SOMEONE CLINGS HIM WITH A 50 CENT COIN.

:rolleyes:

depor
14/11/2006, 12:15 AM

ive havent seen a coin thrown in colemans park,but i remember back in the mid 90's when we were in the premier division a cup of soup being thrown over a linesman. what a laugh(but wrong):)

nismo
14/11/2006, 5:35 PM

GROW UP YOU SPASTIC:rolleyes:

rambler14
14/11/2006, 9:02 PM
I was only tryin to make light of the situation. Take it easy Nismo.

nismo
14/11/2006, 9:50 PM
I was only tryin to make light of the situation. Take it easy Nismo.

ok then