PDA

View Full Version : Ollie throws another tantrum.

Éanna
20/10/2002, 2:47 PM
According to RTE Radio 1, Ollie Byrne has had been arguing that todays game between Rovers and Bohs at Tolka Park should be called off because of the weather conditions- referee Alan Kelly has decided that the game should go ahead.

Jim Smith
21/10/2002, 10:18 AM
...if the state of the pitch is poor for the final will it be his fault too?

For once I think he was right about this. As you are in Spain you probably don't get the Irish weather reports. Over 2.5 cm of rain fell yesterday - and the forcast is pretty bad for the week.

The combination of the rain and gale force winds must have made for a great game ;)

Éanna
21/10/2002, 11:43 AM
If it was anyone but Ollie I´d be agreeing with him ;)

Nah, he was probably right, I think there was a second pitch inspection at half time! By all accounts it was a pretty good game.
I hear weather there is pretty bad right now, but it´s raining here too!!! :(

Schumi
21/10/2002, 1:24 PM
If he'd put more effort into keeping those scumbag, overweight, knacker kid fans of his off the pitch after $hels' games, the pitch would be in better condition.

Macy
21/10/2002, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
If he'd put more effort into keeping those scumbag, overweight, knacker kid fans of his off the pitch after $hels' games, the pitch would be in better condition.

Maybe, but if he didn't have 4 fookin clubs playing on it, it definitely would be......