PDA

View Full Version : Lansdowne re-developement website.

onenilgameover
11/11/2006, 12:41 AM
I'm interested in possibly putting a web-site together detailing in Photographs only the de-construction of Lansdowne and its re-construction. What do people think? Is this a feasible idea? Would they let joe-soaps in? Does anyone have an info/contacts other than the http://www.lrsdc.ie website.

I have a friend who is working on the Architectural side of things but I havent spoken to him in awhile.

I'm not gonna try to be controversial or get into any of the politics or anything like that just chart the progress in pictures?

:)

DmanDmythDledge
11/11/2006, 12:50 AM
A picture update of the stasium would be good. Make sure to get pictures of the last ever soccer match and last ever rugby match.

If they don't let you on the pitch, make up a reason.

onenilgameover
11/11/2006, 3:45 AM
A picture update of the stasium would be good. Make sure to get pictures of the last ever soccer match and last ever rugby match.

If they don't let you on the pitch, make up a reason.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that alright and I probably will. I was also gonna try to get access to it on some cold dreery day in December and take a load of pictures of it without fans and juxtipose those with the great days, pictures and memories we have of the ground.

Its the oldest international stadium still in use and I don't think its getting the send off it deserves.

crc
11/11/2006, 10:13 AM
If you do go and take pictures of it when its empty, you should try and get the same angle and position of some photos you already have when it is full.

Good idea for a website, BTW.

oconghc2
11/11/2006, 10:15 AM
when will you start charting the progress........???? you might be talking 2012 or sometime like that!!

good idea though - just realised how old the stadium was at czech game when I walked in under west stand after game! 1st time in one of stands since early 90s! I feel i have been unlucky in past - never really was at a classic in lansdowne! first match was soviet friendly in early 1990 and only got on bb list at start of brian kerr period.