PDA

View Full Version : The Price of Balls, and No Bull

hooperlooper
10/11/2006, 5:36 PM
hooperlooper here,i was hoping i might not be the only one who has a problem with the price of match balls,i play junior football with a club in cork and we have to pay between 40 to 60 euro for a ball,and chances are that we might go through 5 or 6 the whole season,any thoughts from anyone:::mad:

Poloman
13/11/2006, 9:53 AM
Try and do a deal with your sponsors to buy 2 balls a year. I am sure they can afford a hundred quid.

Also do a deal with the shop you buy them for. Buy 5 at the start of the season and i am sure they will give you a good discount.

Else ask everyone on the team does a relation work in a sports shop.. if they do then you have a good staff discount already. There must be someone who knows someone working in a sports shop or Argos or whatever. :)

plasticpitch
13/11/2006, 6:57 PM
i know what people will say about ebay but you can buy fifa approved match balls here for a fraction of the cost..
here lah
http://search.ebay.co.uk/fifa-approved_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentryp ageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1Q QftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQga10244Z10425QQsacatZQ2d1QQsaprch iZQQsaprcloZQQssPageNameZWLRS

hooperlooper
14/11/2006, 1:38 AM
hooperlooper here,found a guy here in cork whose company sells mitre match balls for 30 euro,all he sells is match balls and he ships them all over the country to junior teams and leagues,and he has match balls designed for astro turf for anyone who plays the nite owls leagues,30 euro is for nothin,my club bought 6 last week and it turns out a lot of clubs down here are using them,anyone interested i can pass on his details:)

cartman
14/11/2006, 2:36 AM
will you go away hooperlooper... you are obviously in cahoots with the guy selling the footballs.... any chance of getting a cut of the dough????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lim abroad
14/11/2006, 2:41 AM
whats that smell????:rolleyes:

summervilleman
14/11/2006, 4:10 AM
You are probably the seller hooperlooper but sure give us te details anyway and we look into it¬

hooperlooper
14/11/2006, 4:17 AM
never actually met the guy,the add was on the league website and all the secretarys in the league got an email accordin to him,i know our secretary did cause im our secretary,wasnt promotin anytin just wanted to say i got sorted,the suggestions i got to ask our sponsor and see if anyone envolved with the club worked in a sport shop didnt exactly go down well,sponsor rekons he gives us more than enough an the brother of one of the a team lads gets a fiver off thats it,so payin even 45 euro for a ball when i bought 5 for 150,well that explains itself,the guy who gets his from ebay is bang on,any saps payin over 50 quid for somtin your only goin to lose or leave behind in some away dressin room needs his head examined:p

summervilleman
14/11/2006, 4:23 AM
so u are recommending that we purchase balls on ebay then....are they ok balls??

hooperlooper
14/11/2006, 5:34 AM
im not recomendin anyone or anythin,i just said id pass on the infomation i had.anyone who has anythin to do with being envolved withthe runnin of a junior club will know exactly where im comin from regardin the price of match balls an training bibs an that kind of stuff,if some one can get me a better deal and it helps me to get stuff cheaper than payin top dollar i'll take it as long as im not goin to break any laws.the stuff on ebay is aok,nothin wrong with it,its just that you dont know where its comin from or how the person comes buy it,i dont have any contact numbers with me regarding the fella with the match balls as im at work and his details on my home computer,but il post them 2moro nite and anyone whose interested can take it from there,i know that hes based in cork and if your anywhere within a certain distance of the city he will deliver,outside of that you have to sort it out with him,as i said i bought 5 balls he droped them to my place of work an i just left the cheuqe with the front desk,top mitre brand and we are using them and the refs have no problems with them:confused:

reality check
14/11/2006, 11:01 PM
im a rep for errea and match balls cost 50 euros and 30 euros. the difference being the 50 euro balls are fifa approved and the 30 euro balls are fifa inspected. if your looking for any more information or would like to purchase footballs at the above price please contact me by PM.

ffffff
15/11/2006, 9:46 AM
problem with ERREA balls (even the good ones ) compared to other balls is that they rarely still fully inflated . Every week we have to pump the balls and we actually got one that would not inflate at all. The mitre balls seem to be a better quality, even thogh we use ERREA

Old keeper
15/11/2006, 10:16 AM
I Know of a League who were trying to be proactive and actually gave a free match ball to every team that registered. This is a problem faced by every club as balls will burst and get lost over the season. The leagues should be more proactive and try to get a bulk discount for balls and then sell them on to the clubs.

Regarding the errea balls They do loose air over the week but this is normal for the newer lighter balls. the balls are the same weight as the world cup balls and the performance in relation to shots and free kicks is much better (I am speaking from experiance as a keeper)

And by the way Im Back!

leather
15/11/2006, 10:30 AM
Jeysus, let there be no mention of free footballs, some clubs might not be able to afford them.......Welcome back!!!

Old keeper
15/11/2006, 2:32 PM
Jeysus, let there be no mention of free footballs, some clubs might not be able to afford them.......Welcome back!!!

Thanks Leather

I was sure someone was having a laugh when I saw this thread last week

Soccer Lover
15/11/2006, 3:09 PM
hooperlooper here,i was hoping i might not be the only one who has a problem with the price of match balls,i play junior football with a club in cork and we have to pay between 40 to 60 euro for a ball,and chances are that we might go through 5 or 6 the whole season,any thoughts from anyone:::mad:

This was posted on Friday after most shops are shut!

3 days later, one of which was a sunday, he comes out with this (at 2.38am)?

hooperlooper here,found a guy here in cork whose company sells mitre match balls for 30 euro,all he sells is match balls and he ships them all over the country to junior teams and leagues,and he has match balls designed for astro turf for anyone who plays the nite owls leagues,30 euro is for nothin,my club bought 6 last week and it turns out a lot of clubs down here are using them,anyone interested i can pass on his details:)

I suspect that this is not a genuine post, a guy trying to make a few extra quid, I've no problem with that but at least be honest about it.

hooperlooper
15/11/2006, 9:42 PM
your doubtin the info i gave is understandable,but theres no big conspiracy therory,i checked in town friday and had to pay 110 euro for 2 match balls,i went in 2 work and posted the mesage cause i was i bit ****ed off cause of the price and posted the mesage encase i might get lucky,i also checked the internet and got a few suppliers in england who supply to the big clubs in england,through them i got the contacts for the balls,i got sorted sat evening and monday night in work i posted the return message for the people who had given me replies,simple as that,what you choose to do with the information is up 2 yourself,i did ok from it and just someone else might

reality check
16/11/2006, 10:39 AM
lads lets be fair about the BALLS situation,none of the footballs are lasting more than a season for one reason or another(whatever make) and i have had balls from several suppliers.P.S. BORO USE ERREA BALLS AND ARE ON TOP OF THE LEAGUE......

ffffff
16/11/2006, 10:45 AM
I could be WAY off but did n't you manage/are managing the boro.......and rep for errea
genuinely sorry if I am mistaken.........

leather
16/11/2006, 11:15 AM
The ball you use has p**s all to do with boro being top of the league.. lets get real here, have been at a lot of boro matches ,they have used every type...

reality check
16/11/2006, 12:00 PM
ffffff,hit it on the head, i was just replying to the cost of balls and leather was right,all sorts being used above in the boro,point being there is a lot of suppliers out there and to be fair to most of them the quality is ok, just looking after my own corner.

hooperlooper
17/11/2006, 11:07 AM
to be honest wether hes a rep for a big company the makes sports gear shouldnt have any effect on the way his team plays other than the fact that he probably has more trainin gear than the rest of the league combined,my original problem,which i have now solved is that we as junior clubs are being offered the best matchballs money can buy ,buy these big retail outlets and companys,i've done checkin on this over the last couple of days and as i previously said those same companies make matchballs specificaly 4 junior football,thet just try to get us to buy the expensive one first,the rep for errea knows this they sell a senior match ball for 50 euro,probably costs them a fiver to make,there junior match ball costs 30 euro probably cost less than a fiver to make,yet those same companys sell them 2 us for top dollar,how about errea give every team in the league 2 balls at the start of the season as a show of good faith and then if we need some more during the season we pay for them...............

reality check
17/11/2006, 11:38 AM
any club that is buying sports equipment during the season should be able to wangle a couple of free balls out of there reps,and to be honest about my clubs gear i dont get involved with the buying of it for obvious reasons and it avoids conflict afterwards.

ffffff
17/11/2006, 12:22 PM
ffffff,hit it on the head, i was just replying to the cost of balls and leather was right,all sorts being used above in the boro,point being there is a lot of suppliers out there and to be fair to most of them the quality is ok, just looking after my own corner.

I would too ....totally understand.....not makin's an issue.
and to be fair they way ye are playing it does n't natter what balls ye use
good luck

abbeyvale
21/11/2006, 9:00 AM
P.S. BORO USE ERREA BALLS AND ARE ON TOP OF THE LEAGUE......

Maybe they should have used Errea balls in the MJC.;)

allab
26/11/2006, 8:02 PM
Maybe they should have used Errea balls in the MJC.;)

ha good one!!