PDA

View Full Version : Weekend A & B Squad Casualties

olegunnar
10/11/2006, 9:52 AM
With a full programme of matches this weekend, do you think that a number of withdrawals will see Staunton/Devlin call up some of those players we were surprised to see left out of A & B Squads??

My top choices would be Doyle & Tabb from Coventry.

tetsujin1979
10/11/2006, 10:00 AM
Cregg and O'Donnell at Falkirk

Stuttgart88
10/11/2006, 10:37 AM
agree with Tets. Stack, Delaney & Fitzgerald too.

However, Devlin's comments to The Indo have led me to read less into who was selected this time around. We simply have loads of options of a certain standard (mediocre, but maybe potential to offer more) so even picking a B squad requires credible candidates to be omitted. In due course a proper order of merit should hopefully emerge.

With two or three 'B' games for next year, Devlin insisted there will be plenty of opportunities for others.

"I know there's going to be a lot of disappointed players out there who are actually playing first team football, particularly in Scotland and in the Championship. But it's an elimination process.

"It's open the next time around to bring in new faces again. In particular, there are a lot of midfield players jumping out at you.

DeNiro
11/11/2006, 2:29 PM
I suspect Carr will pull out. He went off in the game v City today. He played terrible as well. No real loss.

adamcarr
11/11/2006, 4:40 PM
Stephen Ward has pulled out anyway.

DeNiro
12/11/2006, 7:53 PM
Stephen Ireland out of squad

Supple and Clarke out of B squad.

Darryl Murphy called up for B game.

eirebhoy
12/11/2006, 8:14 PM
Stephen Carr also pulled out. I suspect Stephen Ireland will have to break into the Man City team before he gets another call up now.

pineapple stu
12/11/2006, 9:43 PM
Darren Quigley also into the B squad. :)

tetsujin1979
12/11/2006, 10:16 PM
Stephen Carr also pulled out. I suspect Stephen Ireland will have to break into the Man City team before he gets another call up now.

With the injury list improving at Man City, that might take some time, I'd say it's Barton plus one of Reyna, Hamann, Ireland and Dabo for the 2 central midfield slots at the moment. With the other 3 back from injury, he's going to find it hard to get a spot on the bench :(