PDA

View Full Version : Ollie Byrne Court Case

pete
09/11/2006, 2:16 PM
Anyone see the Irish Times article today on the Roddy Coillins assault charge.

I knew Ollie hada few convictions before but did not know was 4.

Seems like Ollie got off as Roddy wasn't making big deal about.

John83
09/11/2006, 2:22 PM
The Indo has a piece on it too. Mentions Ollie's prior convictions too, :) "including one for an incident in1985 involving the hauling of stolen cigarettes, for which he spent a year in prision."

Collins seemed eager to see the back of the whole thing.

NY Hoop
09/11/2006, 2:28 PM
Wish the league officials were as eager to see the back of him. Nobody with a criminal conviction should have anything to do with running a football club or for that matter anybody who has had a company struck off the CRO register.

Ireland's Biggest Football Hooligan.

KOH

Peadar
09/11/2006, 3:04 PM
Roddy and Ollie had to settle their differences as they could need each other next season.

pete
09/11/2006, 3:23 PM
I can't remember if they said this his 4th conviction or he had 4 before?

1. Ciggies
2. Pats fans "assault"
3. Unlicenced kiddies disco
4. ?
5. Roddy assault

:confused:

LukeO
09/11/2006, 3:26 PM
I thought he got off the Pats fan assault charge? :confused:

Sniffer
09/11/2006, 3:32 PM
Remember the Dublin GAA player [think it was Johnny Magee] fought Aussie snooker player Quinten Hann in the Stadium? Wouldn't you just love it if Ollie and Roddy went 3 rounds- proceeds to charity of course.

Jerry The Saint
09/11/2006, 3:45 PM
I thought he got off the Pats fan assault charge? :confused:

He did, although the charges he faced were for gesturing '1-1' with two fingers, rather than other things he may have done during that incident.

Surprised to hear about 4 convictions considering his involvement in some 'incidents' that I believe did not bring charges.

- Derry supporters (Pizza/Judas banner)
- Pats Official
- Drogheda PRO (Ollie objected to official photographer taking photographs), etc.

NY Hoop
09/11/2006, 3:49 PM
Not forgetting fighting with Rovers fans and giving the Galway fans the finger when he got some harmless abuse down there.

Feel sorry for shels in a way with this cowboy. Club has lost all respect with the criminal in charge.

KOH

Jaime
09/11/2006, 4:02 PM
What about the show bands?

*runs for cover

Patrick Dunne
09/11/2006, 4:52 PM
I love the "24/365 Shels" defence.

Galway United chairman Michael Savage was acquitted on killing seventeen toddlers in a bloody shooting spree at a Galway creche last year.

"Your honour, I give all my time to Galway United. I work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for the club".

"Thats all right then. Not guilty".

The Sheliban
09/11/2006, 5:00 PM
The 24 / 365 Shels reference was to emphasise the provocation. Why would toddlers in a creche be blackguarding Galway United?

Say what you like, Ollie's single handedly kept Shels afloat for more years than I can remember. Its difficult enough making ends meet without some muppet coming on the radio and unannounced claiming you have monetary difficulties and frightening off any potential investors.

Fair play to Roddy though (first time I remember saying that) he didn't make much of it.

pete
09/11/2006, 5:07 PM
TFair play to Roddy though (first time I remember saying that) he didn't make much of it.

I think its not impossible that custody verdict could have been arisen if Roddy hadn't eased off? Previous convictions would weigh in heavily...?

WeAreRovers
09/11/2006, 5:08 PM
Say what you like, Ollie's single handedly kept Shels afloat for more years than I can remember.

So he has and fair play but ultimately that's the reason that Shels are in such a mess. Where's the rest of your board? Where's the transparency? One man can't do it on his own. Personally I think it'll kill the chap eventually.

KOH

sniffa
09/11/2006, 6:35 PM
Maybe Roddy has intentions of applying for the managers job at Shels.:eek: :D

dcfcsteve
09/11/2006, 6:45 PM
Personally I think it'll kill the chap eventually.

There's always hope......

EnDai
09/11/2006, 6:49 PM

You filthy scumbag.
That is all.

Seriously though, whether in jest or not, thats below the border.

LeixlipRed
09/11/2006, 7:00 PM

Cop on to yourself

Dodge
09/11/2006, 7:00 PM
POV really....

Was one of Ollie's convictions for his nightclubs? Can't remember whether he was charged with that or not?

DmanDmythDledge
09/11/2006, 7:05 PM
Was one of Ollie's convictions for his nightclubs? Can't remember whether he was charged with that or not?
Didn't he save something to do with an unliscensed disco?

Dodge
09/11/2006, 8:34 PM
Nah the incident(s) I'm talking about are before his Shels days.