PDA

View Full Version : State of the Irish Game

Pages : 1 [2]

dcfcsteve
17/04/2009, 2:00 AM
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you literally not have any sense of comedy?

Maybe when you come up with some we'll get to find out, eh Dodge....

dcfcsteve
17/04/2009, 2:01 AM
Nothing is more obscure on the world sporting stage as GAA in all it's forms. There are several LOI clubs which are far more famous around Europe than GAA will ever be.

Meanwhile, Latvia remains an obscure country...... :)

brianw82
17/04/2009, 5:05 AM
Meanwhile, Latvia remains an obscure country...... :)

I'll bet Roberts Mezeckis could take you in a fight. :) Not so obscure then, eh?

Mr A
17/04/2009, 7:51 AM
Look, it's not often I agree with dcfcsteve, but Latvia is a no mark country and is essentially just South Estonia. Much in the same way that Luxembourg and Belgium are clearly just North France.

sonofstan
17/04/2009, 8:05 AM
Look, it's not often I agree with dcfcsteve, but Latvia is a no mark country and is essentially just South Estonia. Much in the same way that Luxembourg and Belgium are clearly just North France.

And Ireland is West Britain?

Mr A
17/04/2009, 8:24 AM
No. Most of Ireland is just Southeast Donegal.

CMcC
17/04/2009, 8:44 AM
Thought this was about football, but hey! Yeah Latvia, that obscure country where one of its sides had little difficulty disposing of the run away champions of our great nation in Europe last season.

dcfcsteve
17/04/2009, 2:49 PM
I'll bet Roberts Mezeckis could take you in a fight. :) Not so obscure then, eh?

I'd fancy me chances...... :D

dcfcsteve
17/04/2009, 2:50 PM
And Ireland is West Britain?

No - Ireland is an internationally reknowned country.

Unlike Latvia.

Stop digging.... ;)

osarusan
17/04/2009, 3:08 PM
Stop digging.... ;)
Worried he will unearth the rock under which you live?;)

passerrby
17/04/2009, 4:09 PM
isnt lativa a provaince thats part of one country but wants to be part of another country while others want to be part of another country .. crazy

BohDiddley
17/04/2009, 5:05 PM
No - Ireland is an internationally reknowned country.

As opposed to inter-galactically? :D

Now, where were we?

dcfcsteve
17/04/2009, 6:20 PM
Worried he will unearth the rock under which you live?;)

Now, now. Just cuz im in the soil above you.......

irishultra
17/04/2009, 11:47 PM
id say irelands situation is a bit more black and white(as hard as it is to believe)

TheFingallian
20/04/2009, 6:08 PM

Don't say that out loud in the Flemish parts of Belgium whatever you do. Even as a joke.

irishultra
20/04/2009, 7:11 PM
no. Most of ireland is just southeast donegal.

qft. :D

sadloserkid
27/04/2009, 10:12 PM
Look at Portugal - they're a country that has around the same population as Ireland

You genuinely lost me here. So much for research.

But to compare a previous discussion in Irish Football. When Denmark/Danemark had qualified and preformed compentently at Espana'82 and while they were beating RoI 3-0 in Copenhagen during qualifying for France'84 there was regular proposals that Irish Football should follow the Danish model as this was the route to success

Utterly irrelevant to the point you were making but Denmark didn't qualify for the 1982 World Cup. They did get hammered by Spain in Mexico '86 in the last 16 IIRC (I was 5).