PDA

View Full Version : Darryl Flavahan

bwagner
08/11/2006, 7:16 AM
The southend goal keeper , who had a great game last night ...does anyone know if he is "irish"

ifk101
08/11/2006, 7:23 AM
This is getting ridiculous ...

Maybe we should have a sticky with all players in Britain with an Irish sounding name.

DeNiro
08/11/2006, 7:40 AM
The southend goal keeper , who had a great game last night ...does anyone know if he is "irish"

I think he has some connection indeed. He was sounded out when at Portsmouth (I think) in the early part of his career. That may have been the Charlton era. So it's a bit late to be resurrecting that.

drinkfeckarse
08/11/2006, 7:52 AM
Doesn't matter, we have a few prospects coming through anyway in Supple, Logan and Randolph and I don't want to see Stan begging below par players again just because they are eligible by the 4 pints of Guinness they had in Dublin Airport 7 years ago.

bwagner
08/11/2006, 7:53 AM
ifk101 its not ridiculous...we are a small nation and must keep all options open. If Given gets injured again we only have a pack of (albeit talented) kids with only a hand full of games to their name...Kenny is poor at international level and Henderson plays league one

greendeiseboy
08/11/2006, 8:09 AM
not sure about him being irish but his brother was the portsmouth goalkeeper aaron who was killed in a car crash in 2001

elroy
08/11/2006, 8:22 AM
Anyone else think its very harsh dropping Paddy Kenny from the squad, ok he hasnt covered himself in glory with recent appearances but he def deserved to be dropped, particularly when the replacements are Colgan and Henderson.

Peadar
08/11/2006, 8:26 AM
Paddy Kenny is rubbish! He's about as mobile as phone box!

paul_oshea
08/11/2006, 8:27 AM
what about the lads at chesterfield, o'hare, folan and larkin, they sound irish too....

paul_oshea
08/11/2006, 8:28 AM

the phone boxes where im from are pretty mobile....well at least they must be cos they keep disappearing, more and more are gone everytime i go home!!!!

youngirish
08/11/2006, 8:28 AM
Anyone else think its very harsh dropping Paddy Kenny from the squad, ok he hasnt covered himself in glory with recent appearances but he def deserved to be dropped, particularly when the replacements are Colgan and Henderson.
I for one won't shed a tear. He was a disgrace in both games not just the one. Henderson looked far more accomplished against a far better team behind an arguably far dodgier defence against the Czechs so I'd defo have him in there instead of Kenny. It's a pity Staunton doesn't drop the other perennial underachievers for Ireland (we all know who they are) and give some of our other young talent a go in it's place.

Kenny doesn't have a clue how to marshal the defence. I'd bring Logan in instead of Colgan though who is sh*te.

Peadar
08/11/2006, 8:31 AM
what about the lads at chesterfield, o'hare, folan and larkin, they sound irish too....

Larkin is Irish, as far as I know. (Proper Irish, like)

livehead1
08/11/2006, 8:46 AM
And what exactly is the definition of the term you have so elequently referred to as "Proper Irish"?

BrayUnknowns
08/11/2006, 8:51 AM

Larkin IS Irish, as is there keeper Barry Roche.

drinkfeckarse
08/11/2006, 9:14 AM
If Given gets injured again we only have a pack of (albeit talented) kids with only a hand full of games to their name...Kenny is poor at international level and Henderson plays league one

And what makes you think a keeper that plays for Southend that's been around for a while is better than any of the alternatives!! Kenny is a Premiership keeper. That tells a story. Yes he's not a World Class keeper but he's a decent alternative if not our only alternative to Shay. Just because he had a poor game people start calling for us to look at fcukin Southends keeper. FFS like:rolleyes:

bwagner
08/11/2006, 9:23 AM
larkin is a dundalk lad born and bred,likewise alan o' hare who was in the de la salle with me( he was with bolton a few years back) roche is a dub

eirebhoy
08/11/2006, 9:43 AM
It seems a bit strange that he's a premiership keeper so. I also doubt he'd have let in the goal Koller scored as it wasn't the toughest save in the world. Kenny was behind the worst central defensive partnership I can remember against Holland. He was also behind the worst central midfield I can remember against Cyprus. I don't think I'm exaggerating in saying that. Given is in a league of his own but Kenny is our next best imo.

paul_oshea
08/11/2006, 9:46 AM

LOL, I was waiting for some reaction, I like the fact you put in brackets, subtely for me but yet for all to see......

wws
08/11/2006, 9:52 AM
Daryl is Irish - his knickname is Oatsey

antrimgreen
08/11/2006, 9:56 AM

No way, a decision that Stan has got right, Kenny is sh*t fat and greedy by the looks of it. Keep him out.

paul_oshea
08/11/2006, 9:56 AM
his knickname is Oatsey

thanks for that ill sleep easy tonight.

what about folan, I know he doesn't look exactly irish, but the name folan comes from o'cualainn, which is irish.

eirebhoy
08/11/2006, 10:05 AM
No way, a decision that Stan has got right, Kenny is sh*t fat and greedy by the looks of it. Keep him out.
What makes a keeper greedy? :)

razor
08/11/2006, 10:20 AM
What makes a keeper greedy? :)His inability to stay away from the fridge.

antrimgreen
08/11/2006, 10:31 AM
Exactly Razor.

BrayUnknowns
08/11/2006, 10:46 AM
larkin is a dundalk lad born and bred,likewise alan o' hare who was in the de la salle with me( he was with bolton a few years back) roche is a dub

Is he not from Wicklow ?

ifk101
08/11/2006, 11:11 AM
There's a chap called Davide Biondini playing for Cagliari in Serie A with red hair and freckles. He must be eligible to play us. Maybe Stan should check him out.

livehead1
08/11/2006, 11:32 AM
There's a chap called Davide Biondini playing for Cagliari in Serie A with red hair and freckles. He must be eligible to play us. Maybe Stan should check him out.

Really? Is he any good?:D :D :D

ifk101
08/11/2006, 11:50 AM
Really? Is he any good?:D :D :D

Yep - strong battling, defensive midfielder. Just what with need. However I've just noticed he has represented Italy at u21 level so the search continues ....

Anyone know what became of the lad from Sampdoria that played underage with Ireland about 10 years ago?

bwagner
08/11/2006, 12:10 PM
dont get yourself carried away there ifk101

blobbyblob
08/11/2006, 1:10 PM
We would stun the world with our new chart

Start the day the Flahavans way
The fibre fit way to start the day
The only way to start the day on a cold and frosty morning

paul_oshea
08/11/2006, 2:52 PM
blobbyblob quality, what are the chances?

tricky_colour
08/11/2006, 5:40 PM
What makes a keeper greedy? :)

He likes to have the ball in his net.

Metrostars
08/11/2006, 6:16 PM
Wikipedia says he was born in Southampton:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_Flahavan
That's in Leitrim, right?

Superhoops
08/11/2006, 9:10 PM
Is he not from Wicklow ?
From Wickow Town

Qwerty
08/11/2006, 11:10 PM
Paddy Kenny's record at club level still makes him the Ireland #2 by a long way. In the Holland & Cyprus game he was responsible for 1 goal in each game, the others were were caused by inept defending of the most slapstick kind. He deserves at least one more game to prove himself.

Stuttgart88
09/11/2006, 6:58 AM
Has none of you read a newspaper explaining Paddy Kenny's ommission?

shakermaker1982
09/11/2006, 7:56 AM
Has none of you read a newspaper explaining Paddy Kenny's ommission?

His wife ran off with another fella. I'm not messing lads if you can find a picture of her you'd be amazed........

youngirish
09/11/2006, 9:00 AM
His wife ran off with another fella. I'm not messing lads if you can find a picture of her you'd be amazed........
Why is she fit? In that case I wouldn't. I'd say she loves him for who he is and not the fact he earns 20K a week.

If she's bunched I also wouldn't be amazed as he's no looker himself.

citizenerased
09/11/2006, 12:53 PM
Folans first name is caleb and he seems to have african roots so im guessing he aint no first generation irishman

shakermaker1982
09/11/2006, 3:15 PM
Why is she fit? In that case I wouldn't. I'd say she loves him for who he is and not the fact he earns 20K a week.

If she's bunched I also wouldn't be amazed as he's no looker himself.

she's built like Mandy Dingle. I know he isn't an oil painting but a guy on thousands a week could surely get a nice young blonde under 16 stone!!!

paul_oshea
09/11/2006, 3:55 PM
well if she looks like that, is married to a footballer, has a big house, no money worries, and still cheats, she is obviouslly as thick as mandy dingle and its best for him that she did fcuk off on him. what a fcuken mate, his mate is though....

bwagner
09/11/2006, 4:30 PM
mods closed this crap please....attacking our players ..this country is so anglo its unreal

youngirish
09/11/2006, 4:58 PM
mods closed this crap please....attacking our players ..this country is so anglo its unreal
I'm attacking his wife. His mate throwing one into her though is a bit out of order ain't it? His mate is probably Alan Quinn that's why he doesn't want to show up for the ireland squads.