PDA

View Full Version : Cobh Vs Shams

Irish Fan
07/11/2006, 3:24 PM
With the first division title set to be in Cobh on the 18th of November I think ill pop down for the game. Although ive been looking on hotel websites cant find anywere! You lads got any ideas for me b&bs or anything will do! Obviously this must mean a large Rovers support will be down for the game ive only been in Colemans Park once before nice stadium and I am wondering were the away supports will be seated is it be behind the far goal as usual? Hope yas can nick it for Dundalk personally so BEST OF LUCK ! :)

Comic Book Guy
07/11/2006, 4:58 PM
You could try the Commodore Hotel (situated bang in the middle of the town).
The Waters Edge Hotel (don't know if it is open off season).
The Rushbrooke Hotel (about a mile outside the town).
Guest Houses: try the Bellavista House (about 400 yards away from the ground).
There's bound to be other B&B's available too.

don ramo
07/11/2006, 6:04 PM
the away section should be interesting how they arrange it this time, last game at home to rovers the rovers fan got the entire east stand, and considering that it is currently the only stand they'll have to split it id say cause if it rains were f****d :eek: heres to a rainy day:D

Irish Fan
08/11/2006, 9:35 AM
Ok so wot your saying is that yous only have one stand now!?! What about behind both of the goals (these sections closed off aswell?) How many are yous gona have at this Rovers game because id reckon Rovers would have around 800 or so.

WeAreRovers
08/11/2006, 10:48 AM
You could try the Commodore Hotel (situated bang in the middle of the town).
The Waters Edge Hotel (don't know if it is open off season).
The Rushbrooke Hotel (about a mile outside the town).
Guest Houses: try the Bellavista House (about 400 yards away from the ground).
There's bound to be other B&B's available too.

I'd suspect that all of those are fully booked. Our SC plus the team have the Commodore booked out. And according to our message board accommodation is at a premium. Two flights full of Hoops too. Cobh here we come..... :D

KOH

Dj Duffer
08/11/2006, 12:20 PM
Cant wait when we spoil the party in front of all yare supporters!!

Dj Duffer
09/11/2006, 2:44 PM
I'd suspect that all of those are fully booked. Our SC plus the team have the Commodore booked out. And according to our message board accommodation is at a premium. Two flights full of Hoops too. Cobh here we come..... :D

KOH

Ya your right i think, i heard today that everywhere is sold out in cobh, 800-1000 Fans supposedly! How much do ye reckon yare gona bring?

WeAreRovers
09/11/2006, 2:47 PM
Ya your right i think, i heard today that everywhere is sold out in cobh, 800-1000 Fans supposedly! How much do ye reckon yare gona bring?

I'd be amazed (and chuffed) if we brought tha many but I'd say there'll be 500-600 anyway.

KOH

The Rebel Ram
11/11/2006, 2:51 PM
With the first division title set to be in Cobh on the 18th of November I think ill pop down for the game. Although ive been looking on hotel websites cant find anywere! You lads got any ideas for me b&bs or anything will do! Obviously this must mean a large Rovers support will be down for the game ive only been in Colemans Park once before nice stadium and I am wondering were the away supports will be seated is it be behind the far goal as usual? Hope yas can nick it for Dundalk personally so BEST OF LUCK ! :)

Some links for Accomodation and info!
I better get a pint in the bar for this!
http://homepage.eircom.net/~dodonovan/GuestHou.html

recommended for location, never stayed, always managed to make it home!

http://www.harleysbandb.com/
http://www.irelandwide.com/acom/atlantic/index.htm
http://www.dirl.com/cork/cobh/ardeen.htm
http://www.vegaguesthouse.com/index.htm

All you need to know!

http://homepage.eircom.net/~dodonovan/

Now at least when you loose you will at least have a bed for the night!:D

Dj Duffer
16/11/2006, 7:09 PM
Just heard today that there will be no security personel at the game besides the club stewards so lets hope the rovers fans behave themselves, which im pretty sure they will... Ye have free access to the bar aswell as far as i know so enjoy yourselves lads and hopefuly wel have a trouble free nite..

nismo
17/11/2006, 10:58 AM
of course it will be trouble free they'd hardly kick up about getting their cup!

Dj Duffer
17/11/2006, 3:11 PM
Just coz their getting the cup doesnt mean there gonna behave themselves, anything can happen if theyve had a few drinks... Probaly wont be any trouble though!

Irish Fan
17/11/2006, 3:30 PM
Hopefully both sets of supporters will be in different stands coz i dont fancy sitting with the Rovers hooligans they can be pretty nasty at times and im speaking from experience. What are the seating and security arrangements anyone!?

Dj Duffer
17/11/2006, 3:34 PM
First of all weve only 1 stand left.. And theyve removed the seats aswell! So im guessing that they will get the whole stand to themselves.. There is no security gonna be at it! I really do hope it doesnt rain..

NY Hoop
17/11/2006, 3:34 PM
The only experience you've had is talking through your rectum on this site. Run along sunshine.

Dont know who shams are either bit it is Cobh v Rovers tomorrow night.

KOH

Dj Duffer
18/11/2006, 9:14 PM
Finished 1-1... We missed a peno and straight after that kevin murray got sent off for absolutely nothing, referee was a joke.. cambridge got a good header and then rovers equalised late on with a moment of hesitation from packie holden.. John meade was sent off for something i didnt see anyway at the death.. Can i just say that the ugly scenes after rovers scored were a disgrace, i hate to say it but there is some shameful hooligans with the rovers supporters.. I no its just a minority and the majority of rovers supporters were excellent, made a great atmosphere and their behaviour was good.. Scumbags whoever those fellas were who ran at the cobh supprters trying to start a fight...

nismo
18/11/2006, 10:52 PM
agreed..just the usual fools trying to start.. what was ref playing at??

holden should of stayed on his line!

and i hope rovers dont come on here saying there saints because there was a few trying to start ****.:rolleyes:

The Rebel Ram
18/11/2006, 11:37 PM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=46869

The Rebel Ram
19/11/2006, 12:18 AM
I have had wo posts describing the pre mach and match disturbances, won't find out about the ost match till tomorrow! Both hav been deleted, that is why my link isn't working above/\
Shams fan an administrator on the site no doubt!:mad:

don ramo
19/11/2006, 12:43 AM
Where the hell was that support all season, that was the best game of the season, the ref was a disgrace but no one cared cause the game was so exciting , we outplayed rovers and deserved a win, just Again didnt take our chances, must say i loved the game no matter what happened, must say there were scum elements in the rovers section but it was a minority as i was talkin to a good few rovers fans after the game and they were great, and the scum were gone, must say pakie had a great game some fine saves, i really hope we can get support like that next season if we can keep that support we will definately get promoted, when the new stands are up a section must be picked for the vocal support as its definately a twelfed man you saw how excited the players were when we scored the passion its like 3 years ago when we got to the playoffs, what a time , hope there back for good , cant believe the season is over dunno what ill do, comon the rams:eek:

Terry
19/11/2006, 7:40 AM
I have had wo posts describing the pre mach and match disturbances, won't find out about the ost match till tomorrow! Both hav been deleted, that is why my link isn't working above/\
Shams fan an administrator on the site no doubt!:mad:

it was dahamsta that deleted the thread, Its in the rubbish forum.

Dj Duffer
19/11/2006, 9:30 AM
Does anyone know if anything happened after the match last night because i think the pubs downtown were refusing entry to any strangers so where did all the rovers supporters go? I heard there was trouble before the game aswell but im not going to comment on what happened because i didnt see it myself..

nismo
19/11/2006, 10:12 AM
there was trouble after the game with some locals and some rovers fans,cops broke it up and everyone went their own ways.

Dj Duffer
19/11/2006, 10:37 AM
Thats not too bad so, could have been a lot worse..

dfx-
19/11/2006, 11:47 AM
I thought it was an atrocious game..

Comic Book Guy
19/11/2006, 11:59 AM
Agree it was a poor game but it only came to life after we missed the penalty:rolleyes:

The Rebel Ram
19/11/2006, 12:32 PM
I agree, it was a poor game. The ref spoilt it again but Murray wasn't a suprise getting sent off. he retaliated and that was all that they saw. Idiot, he has done it too much during the season. can't be blaming the refs for next season we all know they will be poor but we have to control disapline and just play football.

Dj Duffer
19/11/2006, 4:19 PM
It was kenny coleman who retaliated not murray, the ref got it wrong..

thomas72
20/11/2006, 9:23 AM
there was trouble after the game with some locals and some rovers fans,cops broke it up and everyone went their own ways.

they did the same in limerick twice the first time they got away with it but the second limerick has every scumbag from southill waiting for them. rovers started in dundalk at bohs killkenny athlone there just scum of the earth and what make me laugh you have rovers fans coming on here trying to defend these scumbags. you think they would hold there hand up and say YES WE ARE SCUMBAGS WHO THINK WERE ROCK HARD PICKING FIGHTS W****** :rolleyes:

nismo
20/11/2006, 12:12 PM
you should of seen them during the game..the cobh fans just laughed at them,then the rovers hard-men contingent got a bit of a beating off the pitch down in the town square...muppets

Dj Duffer
20/11/2006, 3:22 PM
they did the same in limerick twice the first time they got away with it but the second limerick has every scumbag from southill waiting for them. rovers started in dundalk at bohs killkenny athlone there just scum of the earth and what make me laugh you have rovers fans coming on here trying to defend these scumbags. you think they would hold there hand up and say YES WE ARE SCUMBAGS WHO THINK WERE ROCK HARD PICKING FIGHTS W****** :rolleyes:

I think your being a bit unfair there, they are not all scumbags, just a minority of them are..

nismo
20/11/2006, 4:46 PM
I think your being a bit unfair there, they are not all scumbags, just a minority of them are..

in fairness he said rovers fans come on here defending scumbags

Sam Savic
20/11/2006, 6:14 PM

You must be the crime correspondent for the Herald.

mypost
20/11/2006, 7:30 PM
rovers started in dundalk at bohs killkenny athlone there just scum of the earth and what make me laugh you have rovers fans coming on here trying to defend these scumbags. you think they would hold there hand up and say YES WE ARE SCUMBAGS WHO THINK WERE ROCK HARD PICKING FIGHTS W******

Limos lecturing the rest of the nation on how to behave themselves. You couldn't make it up. :D :D :D

rambler14
20/11/2006, 8:12 PM
Some of them that ran onto the pitch were grown men!

There was one fella he was bald , had a green and white scarf and green jumper and he jumped into the middle of the Ramblers fans over on the Dawn View side, luckily a steward pulled him away because down the side of pants was a KNIFE with a 6 inch blade.
Someone please tell me why he had a knife????? Whats the necessity there like?

Irish Fan
21/11/2006, 10:33 AM
In fairness i only seen one fight in my whole weekend down there and it was straight after the game in the town. I must say the local lads picked on the wrong bunch by throwing a milk shake and some trouble making Rovers lads.

nismo
21/11/2006, 11:51 AM
In fairness i only seen one fight in my whole weekend down there and it was straight after the game in the town. I must say the local lads picked on the wrong bunch by throwing a milk shake and some trouble making Rovers lads.

from what i seen the rovers 'fans' got an awful thumping down town.

and i no the bald fella yere on about,total spa,was going around shouting who shot micheal collins.. what was he trying to say he was english or something?

don ramo
21/11/2006, 1:46 PM
that would explian a lot:D

NY Hoop
21/11/2006, 2:08 PM
So we have fights all over, a guy with a knife, Rovers fans burning their own flags, a limerick fan slagging anybody?

Must have been a different Cobh we were in saturday and sunday so.

KOH

WeAreRovers
21/11/2006, 3:36 PM
haha look at these mugs...now what does that tell you about these hooligans..haha and there only in the picture not to mention the hundreds others of these dressed mad 'men' haha:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/corsa0405/SR29.jpg?t=1164126626

Are you for real? What is that little bit of crappy Photoshopping supposed to prove? :confused:

KOH

nismo
21/11/2006, 8:58 PM
Are you for real? What is that little bit of crappy Photoshopping supposed to prove? :confused:

KOH

photoshopping..what are ya on about the picture i got here..
http://www.cobhramblers.com/Match%20Photos_SR2.htm

nismo
21/11/2006, 9:17 PM
i did take it down but it will still be accesable till the lads above edit there quotes.

Frankfurt Hoop
21/11/2006, 11:47 PM
Well done. Much more fun to reflect on the craic in your clubhouse after the game and meeting hard working supporters and officials of CR who are working hard for the future of the club. It's a pity that the same commitment to Irish football isn't mirrored in Merrion Square.