PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Cronin/ Ideal City team

Casegrande
16/10/2002, 3:17 AM
It's a joke that Gaz has been sent packing to make way for Deccie Daly. How long more do we have to watch Daly hoof the ball black and blue?

Éanna
16/10/2002, 10:25 AM
Yeah it´s crazy. Ok, Gaz mightn´t have been on form the last few games, but then- who was?! And at least he´s aware that you don´t have to try and put the ball into orbit every time it comes close to ya :rolleyes:

pete
16/10/2002, 10:42 AM
Yup Gaz has always been a left back & not a centre back. Just cos he not doingw ell in the middle doesn't mean he won't do the business on the left.

IMO Hoggie should move to right back (he might be even better over there) & Gaz back to left back.

Éanna
16/10/2002, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I think that would be the solution- as has been discussed elsewhere, Carey is not playing well at all.

niamh
16/10/2002, 8:42 PM
Carey is a young player and needs a rest. Horgan got that because he was injured. A rest could see him regain form later on in the season.
Is a shame to see Gaz on the bench. Dedicated and experienced player above everything else.

Neil
17/10/2002, 4:15 AM
Originally posted by pete
IMO Hoggie should move to right back (he might be even better over there) & Gaz back to left back.

I agree with that. I think Carey is a great player too, but he needs a break.

How about:

Horgan Murray Bennett Cronin

as the back four?

Gary
17/10/2002, 11:18 AM
Bit young dont ya think Neil??? The centre halves that is?

Whatever anyway, Deccie is okay to have in the squad, but not in the 1st XI.

Ideal Team:

Devine
Hoggy Murray Gaz Greg
Woods Rennie Bennett Warren
George
Flynn

pete
17/10/2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by GWA

Bit young dont ya think Neil??? The centre halves that is?

Sure if they good enough they old enough.

Besides Gaz can be a leader at fullback & Hoggie has plenty of experience at this stage. Bennet isn't exactely new to the team either. Bennet may be better off at centre back for the future anyway.

Éanna
17/10/2002, 1:29 PM
Devine

Hoggy Murray Bennett Gaz

CT OBrien Greg Renno Billy

Mulligan O´Flynn

Dropping O´Callaghan is a tough call, but I don´t think he works hard enough to warrent a place in the side, particularly away from home.

Troy.McClure
17/10/2002, 6:50 PM
Id have George infornt of CTOB - he just aint up to scratch otherwise pretty much the same.

dalo
18/10/2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Id have George infornt of CTOB - he just aint up to scratch otherwise pretty much the same.

still can't believe you still think george is up to anything:confused:

Éanna
18/10/2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by dalo
still can't believe you still think george is up to anything:confused:

He´s a very talented player, but he just doesn´t work hard enough IMO, and he whines too much. If he knuckles down, I´d put him in the team no problem, but it doesn´t look likely.

shedite
18/10/2002, 11:31 AM
Devine
Greg Bennett Murray Cronin
Colin T Reynolds Woods Warren
Flynn O'Callaghan

Éanna
18/10/2002, 11:35 AM
surely you wouldn´t drop hoggy shedite?

shedite
21/10/2002, 8:09 AM
He wasn't up to much yesterday again.

dalo
21/10/2002, 8:42 AM
probably because he was enjoying a nice few pints in the wash saturday night.

Éanna
21/10/2002, 10:40 AM
I dunno, can´t comment as I wasn´t there, but Hoggy always seems to be one of our most consistent players and that would make me slow to drop him.

Colm
21/10/2002, 3:11 PM
Hoggy was poor yesterday but so was most of the team. That said he was a damn sight better than Carey. Carey was terrible and has been playing poorly for a while now. He seems to have forgotten how to cross a ball.

Troy.McClure
21/10/2002, 8:08 PM
Originally posted by COLM
forgotten:confused: :confused: :confused:

He never knew how! Great at making himself available to go forward but his final ball is abismal!