PDA

View Full Version : No Shels Players in "B" International Squad?

Pages : [1] 2

Peadar
07/11/2006, 1:14 PM
How come the "Champions Elect" have no players in the Ireland B International squad? Has Ollie requested that they be excluded so as not to disrupt their charge to the title?

Congrats to Roy, Gamble, Deery and Ward, who did make the squad.

Buile Shuibhne
07/11/2006, 1:18 PM
It was Pat Fenlon's request

Peadar
07/11/2006, 1:21 PM
It was Pat Fenlon's request

Rather foolish really, when you consider that it would do your players good to get some practice on the Dalymount pitch. :D

We all know that Fenlon is Ollies puppet anyway.

bohs til i die
07/11/2006, 1:21 PM
Rather foolish really, when you consider that it would do your players good to get some practice on the Dalymount pitch. :D

We all know that Fenlon is Ollies puppet anyway.

Not really Peadar, if the replay goes ahead it'll be next Monday possibly.

Dodge
07/11/2006, 1:23 PM
You sure it was Fenlon's request? Deery is almost certain to be pulled from squad so why not let them be called up and get the associated good press before pulling them?

Peadar
07/11/2006, 1:24 PM
Not really Peadar, if the replay goes ahead it'll be next Monday possibly.

It would be a shame if Ward missed his chance to impress.

Buile Shuibhne
07/11/2006, 1:28 PM
You sure it was Fenlon's request? Deery is almost certain to be pulled from squad so why not let them be called up and get the associated good press before pulling them?

Fenlon is assistant manager to Devlin for this game - it would look stupid to agree to players being called up and them withdrawing them just for publicity

Dodge
07/11/2006, 1:41 PM
LOL @ shels not wanting to look stupid. About 6 years too late fintan.

Just read the bit about Fenlon being involved...

Buile Shuibhne
07/11/2006, 1:50 PM
LOL @ shels not wanting to look stupid. About 6 years too late fintan.

4 Leagues and 1 FAI CUP win in those 6 years - they're the looks that matter.

sonofstan
07/11/2006, 1:51 PM
Ward's injured AFAIK - out for the rest of the season

DmanDmythDledge
07/11/2006, 3:04 PM
Only Shels players that could have been picked were Heary and Byrne IMO. Darren Quigley and Jason Gavin should have been picked as well.

Dodge
07/11/2006, 3:16 PM

Then why bring how it looks up?

pete
07/11/2006, 3:39 PM
Only Shels players that could have been picked were Heary and Byrne IMO. Darren Quigley and Jason Gavin should have been picked as well.

Surely there are more than 4 other eL players that Pat Devlin advises?

:confused:

BTW the FAI showing amazing intelligence again to schedule a B International on the last week of the eL season so best teams likely to have mid week games.

:rolleyes:

wws
07/11/2006, 3:46 PM
and none won on the pitch "4 Leagues and 1 FAI CUP win in those 6 years - they're the looks that matter".

keep ure rubber medals shels, no one cares

DmanDmythDledge
07/11/2006, 3:48 PM
They won't look too good if(when?) Shels go out of business.

Jerry The Saint
07/11/2006, 3:50 PM
BTW the FAI showing amazing intelligence again to schedule a B International on the last week of the eL season so best teams likely to have mid week games.

:rolleyes:

To be fair, they have done their best to promote the B International by helping to make this season's league utterly meaningless.

WeAreRovers
07/11/2006, 3:52 PM
keep ure rubber medals shels, no one cares

You could lend them the rubber medals Dolan dished out to your lot after Marneygate. ;)

KOH

wws
07/11/2006, 4:02 PM
sure we got them off shels - ollie did the presentation

and look how much has changed since those dark dark times

hoops1
07/11/2006, 4:13 PM
I dont get the Ollie hysteria with most fans.
While Ollie the man wouldnt be my cup of tea
Ollie the Shels Chairman cant be faulted imo
He fights Shelbournes causes tooth and nail and goes through
every avenue to get them an advantage or to keep one
If he sees anything that would benefit Shels one iota hes onto it like
a flash.
He is obviously working 24/7 and probably knows the rulebook:rolleyes:
better than the FAI
Maybe Im wrong but Shelbournes demise is wishful thinking on alot of people's part as far as I can see and until someone shows me concrete proof I remain unconvinced.
Shels play some decent football and the Ollie Shels bashing is for one reason
IMO
Success They always hate you when your at the top

dublin15bohs
07/11/2006, 4:20 PM
I think we should all go to the B international and wear are club colours and abuse Delaney (obiously bohs fans will also be abusing Nutsy)

WeAreRovers
07/11/2006, 4:23 PM
Maybe Im wrong but Shelbournes demise is wishful thinking on alot of people's part as far as I can see and until someone shows me concrete proof I remain unconvinced.
Shels play some decent football and the Ollie Shels bashing is for one reason
IMO
Success They always hate you when your at the top

That little fairytale will win you Supporter of the Year over in Shelsland. Shels are fooked, everyone knows it, Nutsy has said it in the press and senior players and Nutsy have been even more open in private converations.

Tolka was basically sold 3 years ago, Ollie has been living off 'advances' on that cash and that little revenue pool has dried up. They are allegedly moving to Santry (Plan Z after Dalymount, Abbotstown, that kip out past Swords etc etc) but are miles off securing a lease for Morton.

Players not paid for 2 weeks, senior staf owed lots of back money, Tax Man owed cash, the list goes on. For a Rovers fan your naivety is astonishing.

KOH

NY Hoop
07/11/2006, 4:27 PM
That little fairytale will win you Supporter of the Year over in Shelsland. Shels are fooked, everyone knows it, Nutsy has said it in the press and senior players and Nutsy have been even more open in private converations.

Tolka was basically sold 3 years ago, Ollie has been living off 'advances' on that cash and that little revenue pool has dried up. They are allegedly moving to Santry (Plan Z after Dalymount, Abbotstown, that kip out past Swords etc etc) but are miles off securing a lease for Morton.

Players not paid for 2 weeks, senior staf owed lots of back money, Tax Man owed cash, the list goes on. For a Rovers fan your naivety is astonishing.

KOH

As is yours if you believe he is serious:D :D

Hook, line and sinker;)

KOH

dublin15bohs
07/11/2006, 4:28 PM
Wearerovers is spot on if anyone knows about money problems its rovers shels need to go back part time

WeAreRovers
07/11/2006, 4:47 PM
As is yours if you believe he is serious:D :D

Hook, line and sinker;)

KOH

Couldn't care less if he's serious or not, it was an attempt to get Fintan Cassidy to refute anything I've said about Shels in that post. He's been on this thread but he goes very quiet when Shels problems are mentioned.

Fintan the floor is yours...........

KOH

RĂ©iteoir
07/11/2006, 5:56 PM

KOH

Don't give him the floor - he'll only try and sell it to get a few quid for his club...

Dr.Nightdub
07/11/2006, 10:39 PM
He's been on this thread but he goes very quiet when Shels problems are mentioned.

Probably gone off to Tolka to see how other clubs manage to get their stewards to turn up on time. ;)

NY Hoop
08/11/2006, 10:29 AM
Couldn't care less if he's serious or not, it was an attempt to get Fintan Cassidy to refute anything I've said about Shels in that post. He's been on this thread but he goes very quiet when Shels problems are mentioned.

KOH

Fintan hates Rovers more than he loves shels. Without realising that without our rent they would be even more fcuked than they are now, if that is possible.

A spell back in the first division would be more than fair for shels.

KOH

Drumcondra Red
08/11/2006, 11:37 AM
Well I hate to break it to you NY we're on the verge of being Champions AGAIN, couldn't really be further away from the first division, could we???

You should also realise that although we're happy to take your rent, not many places would... Just something to think about.

With success comes hatred, sad really...

razor
08/11/2006, 11:48 AM
Well I hate to break it to you NY we're on the verge of being Champions AGAIN, couldn't really be further away from the first division, could we??? Thats what Juventus said too last year.

NY Hoop
08/11/2006, 11:55 AM
Well I hate to break it to you NY we're on the verge of being Champions AGAIN, couldn't really be further away from the first division, could we???

You should also realise that although we're happy to take your rent, not many places would... Just something to think about.

With success comes hatred, sad really...

Dont flatter yourself son nobody hates shels. By playing in the first division I meant it is something you have to seriously consider when you implode. We've been there but were saved by the fans. I dont hold out much hope of your fans saving your club considering half arent of voting age and the other half cant see the hooligan, who was in court yet again today, is killing your club.

KOH

Raheny Red
08/11/2006, 12:23 PM
who was in court yet again today,

Which was thrown out by the judge after he apoligised to Roderick and he accepted the apology :D ;)

WeAreRovers
08/11/2006, 12:31 PM

if you knew what I know - and I suspect NY knows too - re. the rent for Tolka you wouldn't be so smug. But yes, you're right Shels are miles away from the First Division just like Dublin City are......

KOH

Dr.Nightdub
08/11/2006, 1:05 PM

You DO realise the only reason Rovers played in Tolka this year is cos youse cut your price further than either us or Bohs were willing to? There was a three-way reverse Dutch auction between us, Shels and Bohs - Rovers won.

WeAreRovers
08/11/2006, 1:37 PM
a three-way reverse Dutch auction

Is that available on DVD? ;)

Things have moved on a lot since the original deal with Ollie. That's what I was alluding to in the post above.

Shels are foooooked and I'm asking Fintan or Drumcondra Red or any of Ollie's sheep to challenge that assertion.

KOH

NY Hoop
08/11/2006, 2:30 PM
if you knew what I know - and I suspect NY knows too - re. the rent for Tolka you wouldn't be so smug. But yes, you're right Shels are miles away from the First Division just like Dublin City are......

KOH

No one knows as much as you WAR:p

BTW the silence is deafening from the shels gang............

KOH

Conor H
08/11/2006, 2:36 PM

BTW the silence is deafening from the shels gang............

KOH

School isn't over yet NY Hoop.........give them a chance!

WeAreRovers
08/11/2006, 2:36 PM

Everyone knows that.... ;)

KOH

NY Hoop
08/11/2006, 2:46 PM
Everyone knows that.... ;)

KOH

FACT:D

KOH

WeAreRovers
08/11/2006, 3:13 PM
FACT:D

KOH

Sorry forgot the FACT. ;)

Should we just keep up this tennis while we wait for the Shels lads to come on and assure us that all is well in Ollieland?

KOH

soccerc
08/11/2006, 3:20 PM
if you knew what I know ....

KOH

Come on, spit it out, spill the beans, give us the gist...................we are all dtying to know:)

Peadar
08/11/2006, 3:25 PM
Come on, spit it out, spill the beans, give us the gist...................we are all dtying to know:)

Whatever it is, it's true because Fintan hasn't denied it. :D

razor
08/11/2006, 3:36 PM
Whatever it is, it's true because Fintan hasn't denied it. :DHe has been rather busy today though, He was even seen on our own forum. Probably gauging the groundswell of support for Oliver next Friday night

Drumcondra Red
08/11/2006, 5:21 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, wqe are rovers, we took over our club blah, blah, blah... I know all about my club, I don't care what you know or what you think you know!!!

Sad the way your all obsessed by Shels, really

WeAreRovers
08/11/2006, 5:35 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, wqe are rovers, we took over our club blah, blah, blah... I know all about my club, I don't care what you know or what you think you know!!!

Sad the way your all obsessed by Shels, really

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm convinced. ;)

KOH

Vitruvian Man
08/11/2006, 5:54 PM
WAR
Fintan might be busy taking diction from Ollie, things like silly legal threats for the Shels message board.

Drumcondra Red
08/11/2006, 8:15 PM
Don't know about the rest of you but I'm convinced. ;)

KOH

I'm not trying to convince you of anything and I won't try to convince you of anything, not my job, not my place, thats an honest answer, now this thread is about the B international, abosolutely idiotic timing for it as a few of our lads a genuine contenders for this team, as are all EL players and should've been used as such at a more conveniant time, and not 3 days before the last day of the season!!!

Dr.Nightdub
08/11/2006, 9:29 PM
That's assuming the last day of the seaon IS the last day of the season. :rolleyes:

Raheny Red
09/11/2006, 10:55 AM
School isn't over yet NY Hoop.........give them a chance!

I'd bet that most, if not all, Shels fans are older than you on this MB :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to No Shels Players in "B" International Squad?

Peadar
09/11/2006, 11:24 AM
Anyway, back to No Shels Players in "B" International Squad?

We've already established the reason for that.
Shels players haven't been paid for weeks so they can't afford the bus fare to Phibsboro' and therefore can't partake in the game.

Now back to the age of Shels fans. Besides the two auld fellas, Gareth and Fintan, the rest of you are kids! That Drumcondra Red fella is surely no more than 12?

Raheny Red
09/11/2006, 11:56 AM
That Drumcondra Red fella is surely no more than 12?

:p :D

From what I can gather all Shels, that I know of, are above the age of 20 on here.