PDA

View Full Version : Crowd

harps1954
06/11/2006, 3:02 PM
Just a little query. What was the crowd like (numbers wise) on Friday night last against Kildare.

What will the crowd be like for the televised game next Saturday night. Hope it is as big as the recent Dundalk / Rovers crowds and will make Terryland look good on the TV.

With Rovers due to play tomorrow in Monaghan and against Harps on Friday, the League Championship could be decided before you kick a ball again. This could affect the crowd big-time meaning a pretty empty looking Terryland on Saturday. And with Dundalk playing at home on Thursday night, United might be going into the game on Saturday having to win just to keep an outside chance of second place open.

Finally, I see Gethins doing well for you down there. Can't wait to see him back at Finn Park again next season.;)

Conor H
06/11/2006, 3:07 PM
The crowd was around 1800-2000 for the Kildare game.I'd be worried of getting less than that for the cobh game tbh especially with it been on a Saturday.

Terry
06/11/2006, 3:09 PM
the crowd was 1262 for the kildare match

Conor H
06/11/2006, 3:10 PM
the crowd was 1262 for the kildare match

What????

I was positive there was more than that there!I was told after aswell the attendance was 1850.

Terry
06/11/2006, 3:12 PM
no. that was the official attendance, personnally I thought there was less.

GUISAUltra
06/11/2006, 3:17 PM
dunno i definitely thought there was definitely 1500 anyway

Terry
06/11/2006, 3:19 PM
Im telling ye, that was the official announced number at the game !

Tir Oilean
06/11/2006, 3:25 PM
Yes 1262 announced over the pa. It'll be a poor crowds methinks against Cobh If there aint any upsets in the midweek and Fri night games.

GUISAUltra
06/11/2006, 3:25 PM
alright terry i'm not gona worry about how many people were at a terrible game when theres far more important things to be concerned about.

i know we have to try to increase the amount of people coming in through the gates in terryland to increase our income but the club surely has to be concerned with the type of crowd that we're attracting. we all saw what happened in athlone with all those kids messing and if we're not careful, terryland could soon see the shameful scenes that we saw in athlone. might sound a bit far fetched now but when ya think about it the last 3 home games there has been missile thrown at players, fans getting robbed and now last week there was fighting there so when is it going to stop? and whats being done to stop it?

Conor H
06/11/2006, 3:27 PM
alright terry i'm not gona worry about how many people were at a terrible game when theres far more important things to be concerned about.

i know we have to try to increase the amount of people coming in through the gates in terryland to increase our income but the club surely has to be concerned with the type of crowd that we're attracting. we all saw what happened in athlone with all those kids messing and if we're not careful, terryland could soon see the shameful scenes that we saw in athlone. might sound a bit far fetched now but when ya think about it the last 3 home games there has been missile thrown at players, fans getting robbed and now last week there was fighting there so when is it going to stop? and whats being done to stop it?

Ultra it's ok we're going to eliminate the bad language at games.That will solve it.:)

GUISAUltra
06/11/2006, 4:01 PM
its turning into a joke at this stage like:mad:

Patrick Dunne
06/11/2006, 7:50 PM
We are Galway United Football Club, not some tavern team.

We need to get as many punters as possible into Terryland for Saturday
nights game against Cobh, while excluding certain elements.

I have another 80-100 posters, if you can put up 2-10, send me a pm or give
Ronan Coleman a call at (087) 6972823. We also need to keep texting GBFM.

I'm a firm believer in supporters talking constantly about the team and encouraging people to come to Terryland. We will all be talking to at least 50 people between now and Saturday. Get the word out there !

There will be an executive meeting tomorrow night and the issue of barring undesirables will be brought up. These groups seem to be 1-2 ringleaders and a large amount of harmless characters who tag along. If we can prevent the leaders from entering or eject them, things should return to normal.

We are live on national TV this weekend, we need to get all flags etc out and we need to be behind the team for the full 90 minutes.

Come on United !

PD.

GUISAUltra
06/11/2006, 9:41 PM
hear, hear pa. we gotta make a bit of a show on live tv. even if we cant fill terryland we've got to make it as noisy and colourful as posssible. there is bound to be people from the FAI watching this game so a top performance is needed both on and off the pitch. the team have a big role but so do we, we're supposed to be the 12th man after all. we've got to show that we are a team who are capable of playing in this new league

GalwayFrancis
06/11/2006, 11:34 PM
We are live on national TV this weekend, we need to get all flags etc out and we need to be behind the team for the full 90 minutes.
This brings back my idea of putting the flags up on the mesh behind the car park goals - this would look much better on tv than hanging them on the walls behind Section A. I would be more than happy to help put up the flags as I will be in Terryland from 6pm on saturday night.

GuisaSaigon
07/11/2006, 9:16 AM
This brings back my idea of putting the flags up on the mesh behind the car park goals - this would look much better on tv than hanging them on the walls behind Section A. I would be more than happy to help put up the flags as I will be in Terryland from 6pm on saturday night.

Thats a great idea I dont know why it wasn't done after the last time it was suggested.You cant see the flags at the back of the stand. Cork hang their flags on the net at the old shed end and it looks good, and you can see the flags.

GUISAUltra
07/11/2006, 10:03 AM
yeah we have to try to make terryland look as colourful as we can on saturday night and thats a brilliant start. it'll look great on telly if we have those flags behind the goals and the tifo flags out before the game as well. the crowd has to be as vocal as possible as well though and this could prove to be quiet challenging as we know the problems with saturday night soccer. the only other game we played at home on a saturday this year was like attending a funeral. even sectiona a were unbelievably quiet

gufct
07/11/2006, 11:53 AM
maybe another jersey day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As ive said before if trouble makers are pointed out they will be dealt with by the stewards and gardai (there was none at fridays game which was crazy).

GUISAUltra
07/11/2006, 12:13 PM
yeah another jersey day would look really good for tv, i just wonder would it be too late to start promoting it. if everyone just tells a couple of people and we get it out on GBFM i'd say we could do it. would be good to see the stand covered in maroon live on tv

gufct
07/11/2006, 1:19 PM
and why not maroon confetti!!!!!!!!

GUISAUltra
07/11/2006, 1:25 PM
we have to make the stand look as maroon as possible, so maroon confetti would be great

Conor H
07/11/2006, 2:15 PM
and why not maroon confetti!!!!!!!!

I've had it at every game this year!!!!!!!!
Come on people!Also a jersey day in November!:rolleyes: Hello!
What about maroon baloons?

gufct
07/11/2006, 3:07 PM
Conor are u not man enough just look at the leeds and Newcastle fans in their pelt last weekend

Conor H
07/11/2006, 4:30 PM
Conor are u not man enough just look at the leeds and Newcastle fans in their pelt last weekend

No i'm not stupid enough.We all know nobody is going to come and just have a jersey on.Lets try something that is worthwhile.Also it's pointless preaching to the converted it's the non foot ie users we need to get involved.

GalwayFrancis
07/11/2006, 4:31 PM
its not whether conor will wear his jersey or not, a jersey day wont work in this type of weather. Ya you can get it to work in section a, but not the rest of the stand. flags on the green mesh, tifo flags on players entrance, confetti (fair play conor h), them gaa horns (the ones that are allowed in the ground) and if we could get a big net of maroon ballons, that would look good. will cobh be sending up much?

Conor H
07/11/2006, 4:51 PM
Cobh will bring around 4 fans at most i'd say.

Francis i'll text ya Saturday at some time and we'll arrange how to put up the flags......as i told ya on Friday i'm slighly nervous of heights so i won't be climbing up any ladder to the green mesh:o
I'm sure you'll be able though.We can get the TIFO flags out early aswell........also if people are up for baloons i'm sure i could get them.

Jbobs
07/11/2006, 5:22 PM
Ill bring a couple of bags of the shredded confetti-but it'll only be white im afraid, unless anyone knows where i can get a good bit of maroon paper?

GUISAUltra
07/11/2006, 5:51 PM
ya the ballons would be a good idea alright. i'd have no problem wearing a jersey but it will be pretty chilly. now that i think of it, it would be impossible to get fans up just wearing jerseys. the flags up on the mesh, the tifo flags, the ballons and the confetti. if we could get all that it'd be brilliant

Guitd
07/11/2006, 7:08 PM
Ill bring a couple of bags of the shredded confetti-but it'll only be white im afraid, unless anyone knows where i can get a good bit of maroon paper?

will u wait back after the game to clean it up

GUISAUltra
07/11/2006, 7:10 PM
will you?

Jbobs
07/11/2006, 7:25 PM

Yea-along with everyone who helps throw it!

Conor H
07/11/2006, 9:14 PM

:rolleyes:

GUISAUltra
08/11/2006, 10:41 AM
i'll wait and clean up everything. conor h will help me. won't ya conor

GuisaSaigon
08/11/2006, 11:03 AM
Cobh will bring around 4 cans at most i'd say.

I hope they know they wont be allowed bring them into the ground !!!!!:D

Conor H
08/11/2006, 12:15 PM
i'll wait and clean up everything. conor h will help me. won't ya conor

Oh ya definitely!

Magicme
09/11/2006, 9:04 AM
There will be a mons scarf in the middle of it all too....