PDA

View Full Version : Connor is new Bohs manager

dublin15bohs
05/11/2006, 5:41 PM
Gerry Conway a member of the Bohemians board was in longford last night telling fans that Connor will be in Dalymount on friday to be presented to the fans and there ends that saga.

Shedzer
05/11/2006, 5:50 PM
...congrats sean, cant say how happy i am....you are the man!

----------
Must have came as a surprise to him, only on Friday he said he had a job to do with us!
Nah.... this was wrote in the bible, the bit about Judas, isnt that it?
Nah, maybe not even Judas, he was just afraid he'd get killed by the troops....
Not ol Sean though, he would have made Judas look like a hero...

Sean was an act above anyone else..

Words cant and wont discribe my feelings for Sean...

---
I just cant wait until the home Bohs game next year...il throw ****s at him up and down the touchline for 90 mins... The ****ing ****** *******

:)

sligoman
05/11/2006, 8:16 PM
Sligo Rovers Football Club wish to announce that Sean Connor has tendered his resignation as manager of the club. He is contracted to the club until the end of the 2007 season and until this matter is resolved the club will make no further statement.

Signed: Michael Toolan, Chairman Sligo Rovers FC on behalf of the Sligo Rovers Management Committee.From here (http://www.oceanfm.ie/onair/sligoleitrimsport.php?articleid=000001791).

Gareth
05/11/2006, 8:36 PM
Do you think they will start teaching League of Ireland Law in Blackhall soon?

nzamcdza
05/11/2006, 8:37 PM
hope he can get bohs sorted for next week!

gustavo
05/11/2006, 8:51 PM
So Sean is leaving us for a club that we have beaten twice this season , that are lower than us in the league and have a lower average attendance than us . Good one Sean!

sligoman
05/11/2006, 8:54 PM
So Sean is leaving us for a club that we have beaten twice this seasonthree times;).

A face
05/11/2006, 9:23 PM
three times;).

I think he is betting he'll ride out all the bad times until the money starts coming in before the Bohs fans get on his back. I'd give it three losses on the trott and they'll be looking for his head.

BohsFans
05/11/2006, 9:31 PM
So Sean is leaving us for a club that we have beaten twice this season , that are lower than us in the league and have a lower average attendance than us . Good one Sean!

How naïve of you.
Don't 4get this was all down to the spoofer. Even without our big money, we'll be back ahead of Sligo and challenging for the league in a few years.

BohsPartisan
06/11/2006, 7:55 AM
I'd give it three losses on the trott and they'll be looking for his head.

Yeah like we jumped on Farrelly's back after 3 losses? Farrelly had the longest honeymoon period with Bohs any manager has had.

Terry
06/11/2006, 7:59 AM
Bohs dont have to pay rovers any comp sligoman as Connor ended all ties with rovers before making any official annoucement of joining bohs.

Bravo
06/11/2006, 8:34 AM
Bohs dont have to pay rovers any comp sligoman as Connor ended all ties with rovers before making any official annoucement of joining bohs.

Of course they will, if that was the case every player & manager could resign today and sign for another team tomorrow, he can’t sign for anyone until his contract expires in 12 months otherwise rovers will have to be compensated.

londonhoop
06/11/2006, 10:11 AM
Sean Connor's switch to the free managerial seat at Bohemians appears less straight forward than his resignation on Friday night suggested, after Sligo insisted that the Belfast native has a valid contract with Rovers until the end of 2007.

The saga has also taken a fresh twist from the Pat Fenlon point of view; the Dubliner has once again expressed his unhappiness at events in the league this season insisting that he won't stand for too much more controversy amid a report that Shelbourne players were, once again, not paid their full wages last week.

Sligo chairman Michael Toolan confirmed that Connor had "tendered his resignation" on Friday night, "but he's still contracted to us until the end of the 2007 season".

He added: "Until this matter is resolved, we will make no further comment."

That would suggest that the club will expect compensation from any party that wishes to hire Connor within the next 12 months.

Meanwhile, Fenlon cut a very despondent figure at after Shelbourne's 2-2 draw with Drogheda on Friday evening.

According to the Irish Star, players at the club were not paid 10 days ago and "only part of their weekend salaries were handed over (on) Friday".

"It's the hardest season I've ever been involved in," Fenlon said.

"It's been a disaster off the pitch in more ways than one. I'm hoping I never experience this again. I won't be experiencing it again, that's being honest with you."

The former midfielder was initially considered the hot favourite to take over at Bohemians when Gareth Farrelly was sacked over two months ago, but Fenlon decided to stay on with the league leaders at the time and seems to be mulling over his future yet again.

He continued: "I don't want to have to deal with what I'm dealing with at the moment and I don't want my players having to deal with that either.

"If people knew what really went on, to find us still in contention would be difficult to believe.

"But we are and it's all down to the players."

In other news, the eircom League are confident of winning the arbitration hearing on the Jason McGuinness case after the FAI Board of Appeal ruled that the controversial tie between Shelbourne and Bohs, which was originally played in August, should be replayed.

However, Shels CEO Ollie Byrne has taking legal advice following the league's board's decision to refer the matter further.

sonofstan
06/11/2006, 10:15 AM
Where does that piece come from, London Hoop?

bohs til i die
06/11/2006, 11:25 AM
Where does that piece come from, London Hoop?

Its in today's Star stan

Student Mullet
06/11/2006, 11:37 AM
This is an easy one for Bohs. Wait until 2007 to sign him, what difference does it make to them?

Fivesilver
06/11/2006, 12:52 PM
This is an easy one for Bohs. Wait until 2007 to sign him, what difference does it make to them?

Read the statement again. He's contracted to the end of the 2007 season.

Student Mullet
06/11/2006, 1:12 PM
Read the statement again. He's contracted to the end of the 2007 season.

My mistake so, thanks.

SRFC Head
06/11/2006, 1:33 PM
Ian Dowie was one of the few to get away with it, when he left his job at palace he said it was to go north so the chairman agreed to end the contract. Then the cute buck decided to sign for Charalton another London club. Chairman Jordon nearly took legal action against him and Charlton for compensation.

Sonic
06/11/2006, 2:07 PM

Are you not forgetting a certain millions in the bank account??

drinkfeckarse
06/11/2006, 2:42 PM
No offence but Bohs are a bigger name than Sligo even without their forthcoming money. It's like Paul Jewell at Wigan. They are above numerous big teams like Newcastle etc but I doubt very much he'd turn that job down if it were offered to him.

The Stars
06/11/2006, 3:03 PM
The only thing that Bohs have on us is that they were bigger in the past......the table doesnt lie....we are ahead of them because we are better.
What defines being "bigger" than another club?is it fans?League position?or history?

Fivesilver
06/11/2006, 3:12 PM
In fairness, I don't have any problem with people saying Bohs are a "bigger club". I'd be perfectly happy for them to be a bigger club than us again next season if we're again way ahead of them in the table. Sunderland are a big club too.
And if you want to go on about history and tradition, don't forget the episode about selling the most famous and history-laden ground in Irish soccer. Bohs without Dalymount - god almighty, that'd be as if Shams ignored everything it stood for and sold Glenmalure Park . . . oh . . . yeah.

BohsPartisan
06/11/2006, 3:15 PM
What defines being "bigger" than another club?is it fans?League position?or history?

A combination of all of the above plus future potential. Big name clubs will always attract big players more so than smaller clubs because being asked to play for a big club is an indication you've made it.

The Stars
06/11/2006, 3:26 PM
A combination of all of the above plus future potential. Big name clubs will always attract big players more so than smaller clubs because being asked to play for a big club is an indication you've made it.

so if Bohs hadnt sold Dalymount then we would be bigger than ye....considering the only things ye have better than us is history?

Fivesilver
06/11/2006, 3:33 PM
being asked to play for a big club is an indication you've made it.

I can well imagine players preferring to go to Bohs. You'd make a few quid more, you'd have the attraction of living in the capital rather than a provincial town, and probably more chances of a trophy (although at the moment, that doesn't factor into it) but the idea of a footballer thinking that joining Bohemians is an indication that he's "made it" has to make this a candidate for POTM. :D

Red4Eva
06/11/2006, 3:58 PM
with bohs money of course they are a bigger club than us. billy the liar (sean connor) was in dublin on thursday to do a final interview with bohs and he got offered the job there and then. his pregnant girlfriend is already planning for a move to dublin. bohs fans, prepare for endless name droppin(steve bruce, john rudge, vince lombardi, andy mason, keith alexander), lies in the media, disastrous coaching, tactics and man management(the vast majority of his players hate him).

dublinred
06/11/2006, 5:01 PM

In fairness a massive club like Bohs with 65m in the bank are not going to tarnish their big reputation by not paying compensation.

hoopy
06/11/2006, 6:01 PM
The gas thing is that it'll probably be the manager after the next one who'll benefit most from the Bohs millions

Risteard
06/11/2006, 6:04 PM
Let's forget the fact that Cork go through more managers than Bohs and have far more fickle fans :rolleyes:
In fairness City and Bohs fans are out on their own in the fickleness stakes.
But we don't start fights with tunnells that our manager walks down and our chairman isn't exactly trigger-happy and we haven't sacked managers a couple of bad results after winning the league or the guy widely accepted as the leagues best manager.

John83
06/11/2006, 6:07 PM
Do you think they will start teaching League of Ireland Law in Blackhall soon?
Only as a post-grad course.

BohsPartisan
07/11/2006, 8:18 AM
we haven't sacked managers a couple of bad results after winning the league
When did we do that? I hope you're not refering to Kenny. He was sacked over a season after winning the league after more than a couple of bad results.

dublinred
07/11/2006, 8:28 AM
The gas thing is that it'll probably be the manager after the next one who'll benefit most from the Bohs millions

Connor will get a nice chunk on his way out the door next year

NY Hoop
07/11/2006, 10:23 AM
With all due respect, Rovers lost Glenmalure Park because of Kilcoyne's personal interests. Bohs aren't losing Dalymount, the members have decided to sell it for the greater good of the club.

Spot on.

Thought Connor showed a lack of class jumping ship now. He could have waited til the end of the season and see out the remaining 3 or 4 games. Cant imagine boez are in any rush to get a manager in yet.

KOH

Rory H
07/11/2006, 11:58 AM
lack of class
lack of respect for the club that gave him the chance
also he owed it to the players who worked so hard to get us top half to stay and finish the job till the end of the season

BohsPartisan
07/11/2006, 1:09 PM
Stop whinging. Unfortunately there is very little loyalty left in football and most managers and players are only interested in their career.

Fivesilver
07/11/2006, 2:37 PM
Youse only gave him a Squire Strat though. We're giving him a real Fender Strat.

Might give your strikers more chance of hitting that bull's arse than the banjo they've been missing with all season. :D

Vitruvian Man
07/11/2006, 7:47 PM
Now that there are two managers available and actively touting themselves for the Bohs job (Fenlon and Connor) it's becoming a real tussle internally in Bohs to see who gets the job.

Because Fenlon is rumoured to be owed so much money by Shelbourne he could walk due to "breach of contract" and Bohs won't have to pay compensation. If this happens then Connor could end up back at Sligo with his bridges burned or possibly at Shels overseeing the break-up of their squad.

Not what he had in mind when he decided to shaft Sligo, I'm sure.

Fivesilver
07/11/2006, 9:12 PM
Quite an amusing possibility.

sligoman
07/11/2006, 9:28 PM
Our chairman won't let Sean go without compensation anyway!!

The Stars
07/11/2006, 9:57 PM
hope fully w*ankbag never gets another job in this country.....back to US and A.

SligoBrewer
08/11/2006, 11:16 AM
hope fully w*ankbag never gets another job in this country.....back to US and A.

well said..:)

cheech
08/11/2006, 11:50 AM
Has anyone else heard Pat Dolan's name mentioned for the Bohs job?

According to a lad on the Harps forum that his where he is headed.

Dolan would take Bohs straight to the title in his first season if he has a bit of cash.

Vitruvian Man
08/11/2006, 12:00 PM
The Bohs job is between Sean Connor, Pat Fenlon and "Child Loving" Graeme Rix :mad: .

Dolan is not in the frame through his own choice.

Connor is the favourite to get it - but strong rumour has it that Fenlon (after being offerd the job and turning it down) has put himself back on the market and some Bohs board members want him above all other candidates.

bohs til i die
08/11/2006, 12:39 PM
Vitruvian man is this really not a done deal with Bohs going for Connor ? Reported in the Paper that it was decided at your meeting on Moday that Connor is the man for the job ?

Some of the main Journo's have been sure its going to be Connor for some time now.

Shelsman
08/11/2006, 1:09 PM
Our chairman won't let Sean go without compensation anyway!!

This is just silly ( by the Sligo board ). The vast majority of companies with 'real' jobs out there don't do this ( though I'm sure Ryanair would if they find a way to recoup their wages! :D ).

By 'real' jobs I mean non-football jobs -there are no transfer fees for the rest of us! ( just as well! ).

The Stars
08/11/2006, 2:53 PM
so we should just let Sean go even though he is under contract and knowing he is more than likely going to another Irish Club?

Fivesilver
08/11/2006, 3:19 PM
This is just silly ( by the Sligo board ). The vast majority of companies with 'real' jobs out there don't do this ( though I'm sure Ryanair would if they find a way to recoup their wages! :D ).

By 'real' jobs I mean non-football jobs -there are no transfer fees for the rest of us! ( just as well! ).

That's just ridiculous. This is the way football works. Otherwise, players could change clubs every week regardless of whether they had a contract or not.