PDA

View Full Version : Tv3

pete
15/10/2002, 9:46 AM
Got my first glimpse of eircom soccer weekly last night.

I was impressed & for a show thats only just begun tv3 have managed to put out a programme as good as anything RTE have done in many years. I had concerns at the picture quality but nothing wrong with what they showed last night.

I think the big difference with tv3 & RTE is that if RTE signed a deal to show at least 2 matches a week they would only bother with 2 matches - tv3 showed action from 4 Premier & 1 first division games last night.

It might be on a late slot but at least its a regular tv slot.

Schumi
15/10/2002, 10:36 AM
First time I saw it too and I was impressed that they showed 5 games, even if they ignored our game (maybe they were too trepidatious to come down to Belfield). The camera work was pretty good too (a bit slow in catching $hels' first goal though).

Ali-G
15/10/2002, 11:18 AM
Fair Play to TV3 for their new programme on the league. Good highlights of all the premier games, and one of the first division games. Picture quality was excellent too, but still suffering the one angle syndrome. Cant see that changing for a long time.

Trevor Welch and Damo the Tash Richardson know what they are talking about too. Trevor is a huge City fan (no pun intended)

Pity it's tucked away on a Monday night at 11.30pm, but it's still a step forward for the league.

The league looks much more attractive now than ever, the stadiums look good, and there seem to be good crowds too. Coupled to improved football quality and some great goals, anyone watching last night would have been impressed by what was on offer.

Did anyone see Dundalk's first goal, the free kick from the half way line into the top corner. If Beckham had scored it, we would never hear the end of it. Legend of a goal.

I wont discuss the Derry game here, as other threads are already talking about it. But I cant remember the last time I saw highlights of a City away game. We were robbed.

:cool:

Schumi
15/10/2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
Did anyone see Dundalk's first goal, the free kick from the half way line into the top corner. If Beckham had scored it, we would never hear the end of it. Legend of a goal.

But where was the keeper? He must have been standing out by the penalty spot when the kick was taken!

Gary
15/10/2002, 12:50 PM

Pity it's tucked away on a Monday night at 11.30pm,

Even though I forgot it was on and toddled of to bed, I think 11.30 is a good time. Its far better than 10.35 friday like the soccer show was on RTE.

Onwards and upwards hopefully!

fosterdollar
15/10/2002, 12:50 PM
damn, havent been up to speed with developments in that tv3/eL saga. what's this about late slot? what time is it on?

and no.... i don't work for tv-shweee ;)

Troy.McClure
15/10/2002, 1:06 PM
Legend of a goal. True, true.

pete
15/10/2002, 1:13 PM
Originally posted by Magoo
damn, havent been up to speed with developments in that tv3/eL saga. what's this about late slot? what time is it on?

tv3 are showing weekly highlights of eL games, using the sports tonight late night slot on Mondays but renamed 'Eircom Soccer Weekly' - tv3 have to show at least 2 games a week & 5 live games.

Bohs v Shel$ is first scheduled live game on tv.........3 later this month.

shedite
15/10/2002, 1:31 PM
The league looks much more attractive now than ever, the stadiums look good, and there seem to be good crowds too. Coupled to improved football quality and some great goals, anyone watching last night would have been impressed by what was on offer.

I think the onely unimpressive aspect about this season is that Boes are 12 points ahead and we're only about half-way through the season.

fosterdollar
15/10/2002, 4:47 PM
I think the onely unimpressive aspect about this season is that Boes are 12 points ahead and we're only about half-way through the season. [/B]

.. and once again, for whatever reason, there's a team after getting shafted over sloppy registration procedures

pete
15/10/2002, 5:25 PM
threads merged

Jaime
15/10/2002, 5:38 PM
Its not perfect, the time slot and punditry could be better, but its better than what RTE delivered, and its going to be consistent, which has to be a good thing. It will be interesting to see if it improves or if it stays the same.