PDA

View Full Version : New drums and flags

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rory H
05/11/2006, 2:28 PM
[sorry just want something to talk about beside sean....]

the 2 badhrons did the job but we need something bigger louder and better....what are the websites and alan where did ye get the last one...how much??id love to have one and use one but im not the richest man in the world["he's only on petrol money"-roddy collins] and cant afford one by myself cos i can guess the cost is high!

maybe if we got the old one repaired and then collect as a group to get another..2 drums would do nicely for 2007....its the bitoredxp goal to get the main stand singing properly for 2007 season...2 drums could help

also im looking at getting a flag made and was wondering if anyone knows any good websites for them....also ideas on what to put on them would be good

cheers

wr

Midgit
05/11/2006, 2:43 PM
A megaphone would be a good idea! I seen the Derry fans with one!
That would help get the stand singing for once i'd say!

Rovers1
05/11/2006, 4:34 PM
is it a snare or bass drum your looking for WR? my snare cost about €150, bass is about €200 for a good one

Fivesilver
05/11/2006, 5:25 PM
I've seen a new marching band drum for 180. It'd be more suitable for the purpose than an ordinary bass, because it's specifically for the purpose, so a bit sturdier.
I've also seen a 10-watt megaphone for 42 euro - should be plenty loud enough.

Anyone seen better prices?

its the bitoredxp goal to get the main stand singing properly for 2007 season

Excellent idea - I'm well with you on this. I can't get to Sligo that often to make much noise myself, but anything I can do in terms of info or ideas . . .

DonalE
05/11/2006, 6:26 PM
I'm with you on that one WR

Rory H
06/11/2006, 9:45 AM
i just want a loud drum rovers1!something that wont break easily too..thats the criteria

Rory H
06/11/2006, 2:22 PM
yeah i will but i think having it on here will get a few more

ill be collecting in bray for it....i made a small profit from the derry bus and thats gone to the collection too.so hopefully we'll be more than halfway by the end of the season

dublinred
06/11/2006, 4:55 PM
I seen the derry drum in the brandywell and its fecking massive they must of nicked it from the apprentice boys ,it plus the microphone gives out a lot of noise.

SligoBrewer
06/11/2006, 5:57 PM
add a fiver onto the bus cost to bray for everyone and it'll make a tidy sum!

+ collection = new drum!

DonalE
06/11/2006, 6:11 PM
I'd be happy to contribute,get the biggest mo fo of a drum ya can,no point doing it by half. Or if ya could get 2 and get the rhythm going :cool:

Rory H
07/11/2006, 11:08 AM
we're trying to get 2.....

Rovers1
09/11/2006, 5:14 PM
fcuk it-get a bass timpani, theres a bit of noise in those! ;)

Red4Eva
09/11/2006, 7:18 PM
i'll fork out a few € as well for a new drum

Da Real Rover
10/11/2006, 5:24 PM
class idea, shud bring some more atmosphere to the games, what about flares??? would be a good addition to the atmosphere.

The Stars
10/11/2006, 5:26 PM
ya but flares are hard to get in Sligo

1 9 2 8
10/11/2006, 6:58 PM
ya but flares are hard to get in Sligo
No their not. A megaphone would be class

sligoman
10/11/2006, 7:00 PM
No their not.Where can they be got then?

Call of the wild should have some shouldn't they?:confused:

Conor H
10/11/2006, 7:05 PM
Where can they be got then?

Call of the wild should have some shouldn't they?:confused:

Ya can get them for E2 a pop in Italy.That's where we get them.Make sure you're not going to get in **** loads of trouble over it though there's bound to be one or two tossers who'll give out about it(like our club) even though yee'll get away with it.

sligoman
10/11/2006, 7:10 PM
Ya can get them for E2 a pop in Italy.Off a website or just send a fan to Italy every now and again?:confused: :D

Fivesilver
10/11/2006, 8:43 PM
Good luck getting on a plane with them. :D

Conor H
10/11/2006, 9:27 PM
Off a website or just send a fan to Italy every now and again?:confused: :D

Ya it's a top secret website Sligoman for big clubs.;)

sligoman
10/11/2006, 9:31 PM
Ya it's a top secret website Sligoman for big clubs.;)Did ye break into our office again Conor?;) :p.

Red4Eva
10/11/2006, 9:46 PM
i'm bringin a flare to bray. they are f*ckin sh*t expensive

sligoman
10/11/2006, 9:53 PM
they are f*ckin sh*t expensiveI heard 10euro?

Red4Eva
10/11/2006, 9:56 PM
€11.50, adds up if you wanna bring a couple to a game

Conor H
11/11/2006, 11:57 AM
€11.50, adds up if you wanna bring a couple to a game

Is that a marine flare?
The one's we get are designed for football matches.Sligoman check my bebo and you'll see what i'm on about.

1 9 2 8
11/11/2006, 12:25 PM
Is that a marine flare?
The one's we get are designed for football matches.Sligoman check my bebo and you'll see what i'm on about.

The ones from Tifo.it aren't the best IMO

Conor H
11/11/2006, 1:56 PM
The ones from Tifo.it aren't the best IMO

I find them grand...they do the job and you can get 4 of them for the price of one in Ireland.

Red4Eva
11/11/2006, 4:12 PM
Is that a marine flare?

ya i think it is. got it in that maritime shop near the docks in galway

Conor H
11/11/2006, 4:14 PM
ya i think it is. got it in that maritime shop near the docks in galway

Ya that's were we used to get them alright.

Rory H
17/02/2007, 2:36 PM
got the drum yesterday...might get one more cos it was pretty cheap.just have to see if someone will man it

SeaniesRedArmy
17/02/2007, 3:02 PM
how much was it? did ya get the rovers crest on it?

Midgit
17/02/2007, 4:52 PM
Any news on anyone getting a megaphone for the new season?
Now that would add to the atmosphere.

DonalE
17/02/2007, 5:00 PM
how much was it? did ya get the rovers crest on it?

€ 80 and no crest on it

Fivesilver
18/02/2007, 11:42 AM

I know where they have them for about 40 euro.

Another thing I could get hold of is red & white checkered flags, 5ft x 3ft, for 2 euro each.
You could get a bunch of them separately, or . . . as they're pretty lightweight, you could get them stitched together (Nine of them, for example - 18 euro - gives you 15ft x 9ft).

Anyway, what's going on in Sligo? Hopefully the club and fans are making as big a deal as possible about opening day. Get the crowds out, and a good result, and you set the tone for the season.
It would be unforgiveable to just slide low-key into the new season.

SligoBrewer
18/02/2007, 12:01 PM
I know where they have them for about 40 euro.

Another thing I could get hold of is red & white checkered flags, 5ft x 3ft, for 2 euro each.
You could get a bunch of them separately, or . . . as they're pretty lightweight, you could get them stitched together (Nine of them, for example - 18 euro - gives you 15ft x 9ft).

Anyway, what's going on in Sligo? Hopefully the club and fans are making as big a deal as possible about opening day. Get the crowds out, and a good result, and you set the tone for the season.
It would be unforgiveable to just slide low-key into the new season.

the thing about a megaphone is that it inferes in a way...
fivesilvers flag idea is a good one.

SeaniesRedArmy
20/02/2007, 11:31 AM

A megaphone would help get the whole staduim going at once.
Would also come in perfect for away trips.

Midgit
22/03/2007, 10:10 PM
After seeing what unfolded on Paddys Day (Derry City) i was so dissapionted!
All the talk on this Forum was about getting the Red stand going, yet the people saying this (notably Wild Rover) never bothered to stand up when we sang 'Stand up for the Bitored' they stayed seated and never opened their mouth! It seems they have to be drunk to sing and this is only on away days. Also i know it seems like i am picking on WR (sorry) but where was WR's drum on Paddys day? Does he only bring it to away games too?:confused:

We were totally outsang on saterday lads in our own ground and if we dont do anything this could happen more often.
Derry had loads of drums and whistles (anything that made a lot of noise really) and what did we have? Couple of f*ckn whistles and absolutly no Drum (face it WR your thing is amateur! It is way too small) thats all we have.
Even Galway had 1 big MoFo of a Drum when we played them.

Lads we need to get a f*ckn drum.

sligoman
22/03/2007, 10:14 PM
Lads we need to get a f*ckn drum.Well instead of getting drunk on 2 cans like you did in Galway save your pocket money and buy one yerself!

Midgit
22/03/2007, 10:18 PM
Well instead of getting drunk on 2 cans like you did in Galway save your pocket money and buy one yerself!

You must be thinkn of the other little fella cause i didnt even drink that night.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DonalE
22/03/2007, 10:27 PM
What's with the criticism of WR? He does more than anyone else to create an atmosphere at our games.

SeaniesRedArmy
22/03/2007, 10:29 PM
Grow up both of ye.
But i do agree with what Midgit said in the first place we are in danger of been outsang this season. Where have all the Shedheads gone? This is one of the main problems.
But we do need a drum.

SligoBrewer
22/03/2007, 10:31 PM
in fairness, right..
wr does more than the average supporter to create an atmosphere.
midgit, i hope you do follow up on you promise to buy a drum as well ;) actios speak louder than words, no need to go blowing your top.

sligoman
22/03/2007, 10:32 PM
Where have all the Shedheads gone? This is one of the main problems.Not really. The shedheads were rarely creative lately, majority of what they did was just abuse people and criticise people that did try and create something.

Midgit
23/03/2007, 8:54 AM
I didnt mean to be so up tight on WR i was really only using him as an example because he if one of the few i know on this site. And all the talk was about getting the red stand going on this forum yet they didnt bother to sing.

Da Real Rover
23/03/2007, 10:17 AM
Il sing where ever theres a game but after seeing the game on paddys day the new stand is a lost cause, they dont wont to sing, they think its immature and ridiculous. Imo pointless, i think we would be much better suited to the railway end or somewhere where we are separate from the dry ****es and away fans. Its a fact of football, the majority dont want to sing, thas why the singers locate themselves in a different location from the main crowd, look at 90% of the football grounds in the world.

The shed heads are gone and i cant see them coming back, its time for other fans to start creating the atmosphere. I will support my team and sing all night but i will also ripp the pi$$ out of the opposition, its the way football is, i have no hang ups on that, football grounds shouldnt be breeding grounds for politicians.

I will contribute a few bob for the drums, actually me and my mates were discussing this that we need a bad ass drum, just like the derry boys. Would make some noise.

Midgit
23/03/2007, 11:00 AM
I would contribute 100euro if there are more people willing to join and help out.
I am sure we can all work something out.

Red&White Rover
23/03/2007, 4:35 PM
After seeing what unfolded on Paddys Day (Derry City) i was so dissapionted!
All the talk on this Forum was about getting the Red stand going, yet the people saying this (notably Wild Rover) never bothered to stand up when we sang 'Stand up for the Bitored' they stayed seated and never opened their mouth! It seems they have to be drunk to sing and this is only on away days. Also i know it seems like i am picking on WR (sorry) but where was WR's drum on Paddys day? Does he only bring it to away games too?:confused:

We were totally outsang on saterday lads in our own ground and if we dont do anything this could happen more often.
Derry had loads of drums and whistles (anything that made a lot of noise really) and what did we have? Couple of f*ckn whistles and absolutly no Drum (face it WR your thing is amateur! It is way too small) thats all we have.
Even Galway had 1 big MoFo of a Drum when we played them.
and others
Lads we need to get a f*ckn drum.

how about you do something! stop giving out out about people who have done a lot more than you to help create an atmosphere...

Midgit
23/03/2007, 11:26 PM
I was totaly wrong to say what i did! After tonight and the brilliant atmosphere created hugely by WR i was way out of line with what i said. P.S the flare was class. The steward didnt have clue what to do.:D
Brilliant atmosphere created tonight and we out numbered the Longford fans also.
The Drum is decent but we need a new big one.

What ever happened to Matty? And his drum? I know it broke but would he not repair it? Or would that be very expensive?:confused:

sligoman
24/03/2007, 8:30 AM
I was totaly wrong to say what i did! After tonight and the brilliant atmosphere created hugely by WRIt wasn't just WR that created that atmosphere. It was an equally joint effort by everyone in that section.