PDA

View Full Version : Sean Connor quotes

sligoman
04/11/2006, 5:52 PM
He's come out with some gems over the two years. Here's some. Feel free to add more if you find them.

January 05, on Faz:
He is a very hard working player and a very good one. I had four top targets when I set out on this process and he is certainly one of those. I believe he will do a tremendous job for Sligo Rovers and I feel we have actually got a Premier Division player. He is the type of player I want to bring to this club
January 05, on Carlos Alvarez:
I am confident he too will become a fans’ favourite. He is a tall striker and can create and score goals. He scored eight times in fourteen games in the U.S. and he will do a job for us
February 05, on the importance of the fans role
Hopefully, the one thing we all agree upon is the fact that we all want what is best for this great football club. We all want to promote Sligo Rovers in the best possible light and be proud of supporting such a bastion of Irish footballFebruary 05, on the Supporters Trust:
If the plans you have for the Supporters Trust dovetails with the vision I have outlined, you have my full support. However, I cannot stress the importance of working within the club structure. All money raised in the club’s name must come into the club and have no pre-conditions attached. After all we are all working for the same goal, Sligo Rovers back in the Premier DivisionMarch 05, on Bryan Tosh:
Tosh is a great young player but, again, I have to protect him – I don’t want to put too much pressure on him. He is great coming into games with 25 or 30 minutes to go where his pace causes a lot of problemsMarch 05, on Stephen O’Donnell:
He is a smashing player and though he played in midfield last term, I firmly believe he has the ability to be one of the best strikers in the First DivisionApril 06, on Matthew Judge:
Technically and skill-wise I think he is too good for the eircom League – but the only person who can prove that is Matthew Judge.
We set Matthew a target and I think that he can score 15 plus goals and if he can do that then we can finish well up the Premier Division tableNovember 06, on rumours that he’s leaving the club
I don’t know where that is coming from. I have a job to do here and I intend to do it

Shedzer
04/11/2006, 5:58 PM
3 of the 5 players he mentioned are gone from the club a long time..And it is also funny what it says about doing what is best for the club..

gustavo
04/11/2006, 6:02 PM
He was right about Faz though.

sligoman
04/11/2006, 6:04 PM
What's funny is: (1) Faz been a Premier player, if he believes it, then let him take him to Bohs or wherever he ends up. (2) Judge is too good for the eircom league, WTF Sean? and (3) Alvarez will do a job for us, haha.

I forgot to include this (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=568474&postcount=86) too.

Shedzer
04/11/2006, 6:09 PM
Originally Posted by Sean Connor
I see this job as a very important step in my career. I will be very happy to see out the terms of my contract and for me to be able to take the next step I will need to have won trophies here and got the club into the Premier Division.

“I’m here to do a job and I intend to stay for three and a half years. I want players who want to play in the Premier Division and across the water. I want winners

Bull****:mad:

Midgit
04/11/2006, 8:11 PM
He is such a Bullsh*ter!!!!
Every comment made there is crap!:rolleyes:

feo123
04/11/2006, 9:17 PM
in the paper today: i've taken the club as far as it can....what happened to saying you wanted us in europe sean?

Rory H
05/11/2006, 1:23 PM
move on lads..he did the job for us and did it well...ok he has "ridden us rock solid" now but we cant do anything about it so no point dwelling on it....