PDA

View Full Version : sitting in a cab last night and

dalo
14/10/2002, 4:22 PM
the driver turned out to be none other than Liam Buckley's assitant manager (can't remeber his name - can anybody help me?)

anyway he played with pat's in the early 90's and was alongside buckley when pat's won the league in 1999.

anyway a bit of a gas guy who certainly wasn't short of opinions of cork city football club and why we blew the title in 1999. he reckoned cork sides while always tough and physicial lacked any football nous. great buddies with paul bannon and had a few choice words to say about johnny c and fat dolan as well.

didn't seem too chuffed with the sham's supporters either. he called them the scum on more than one occasion. real nutjob though it was well worth the taxis fare to listen to him.

can't think of his name though:(

Éanna
14/10/2002, 5:55 PM
what a great little league we have :) Can you imagine any other league where you get into a taxi and the driver turns out to be the assistant manger of one of the bigger clubs? Brilliant!:D

Neil
14/10/2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by dalo
can't think of his name though:(

Treacy ?

Not exactly liked by the Shams supporters from what I gather.

Dodge
15/10/2002, 9:36 AM
Trapper is a Pats legend. Only Payer to stay with us throughout the Harold's Cross years. Terrific little midfielder and top man to boot.

At the Pats Rovers game early this season, he knew he'd get (good natured) stick from the Pats fans. One called him a Judas (smiling), Trapper lifted his Rovers tracksuit to show a Pats top

Legend

BTW his name is John Treacy

Éanna
15/10/2002, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Not exactly liked by the Shams supporters from what I gather.

Originally posted by Dodge
One called him a Judas (smiling), Trapper lifted his Rovers tracksuit to show a Pats top

that explains that I guess :D

Shed End John
15/10/2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
what a great little league we have :) Can you imagine any other league where you get into a taxi and the driver turns out to be the assistant manger of one of the bigger clubs? Brilliant!:D

Too right. Imagine Gerard Houllier's assisstant driving round Liverpool in a taxi!

Murphy Out Now!!!

Neil
15/10/2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Imagine Gerard Houllier's assisstant driving round Liverpool in a taxi!

Gerard Who? .... Leee Ayyyy!

A face
16/10/2002, 12:11 AM

Gerard Who? .... Leee Ayyyy!

Boom Boom !! :rolleyes: :D

Éanna
16/10/2002, 11:00 AM
Gerard Who?
Exactly :confused: Who is this fella? Doesn´t sound like a very Liverpool name :eek:

joe
16/10/2002, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John

Too right. Imagine Gerard Houllier's assisstant driving round Liverpool in a taxi!

is that the Colin Hawkins look-a-like that was hanging around by Stephen Kenny and Liam O'Brien in Buckley Park last night?