PDA

View Full Version : Leinster Junior Cup Final

Magicme
04/11/2006, 10:40 AM
Good luck to the Mons women tomoro when they take on Kilmore of Wexford in the Leinster Junior Cup at the AUL Grounds at 2.30pm.

Will be amazing if they win but not really expecting it with so many of their players injured. But you never know!

Magicme
05/11/2006, 5:28 PM
Well done to Monaghan United Ladies on finishing their season on a high. They pushed Wexford's Kilmore team to the limit in an end to end game. Orla Callen put Mons ahead early in the first half but Kilmore managed to equalise. A superbly taken free kick from Charlene Graham soared over the Kilmore keeper and into the back of the net to put the Mons in front in the 2nd half and a gutsy United team upped the tempo and ensured the victory through some fine defending.

Congratulations girls! Party is starting in Clubhouse as soon as they get home!

Midgit
05/11/2006, 7:09 PM
:rolleyes:

Magicme
06/11/2006, 8:42 AM
Whats with the :rolleyes: midgit?

benchwarmer
07/11/2006, 6:21 AM
serious congrats orla callan is a legend

Magicme
07/11/2006, 7:57 AM
Thanks Benchwarmer. It was such a good team performance.

Wexford Rules
10/11/2006, 11:20 AM
Great final I heard but pity it hand to end in such a unfortunate fashion

benchwarmer
11/11/2006, 12:00 PM
y what happened at the end?

CollegeTillIDie
11/11/2006, 7:54 PM
Good luck to the Mons women tomoro when they take on Kilmore of Wexford in the Leinster Junior Cup at the AUL Grounds at 2.30pm.

Will be amazing if they win but not really expecting it with so many of their players injured. But you never know!

Magic Me

I wasn't there because I was presenting trophies at the Leinster Intermediate Cup and Leinster Under 14 Cup Finals in Rathnew.
Curracloe did the double, beating Malahide United 3-2 on penalties after extra time in the Under 14 Final. It was 1-1 at the end of the game. And Curracloe then managed a creditable 3-2 win over Eureka Kells in the Intermediate Cup Final.

Well done Mighty Mons on first trophy in your debut season.

soccerc
11/11/2006, 9:37 PM
Well done Mighty Mons on first trophy in your debut season.

Eh, it was not their first trophy this season, isn't that right MagicMe;)

monutdfc
12/11/2006, 8:37 AM
Kilmore were about to score an equaliser on the stroke of full-time but the ref blew the final whistle just as she was slotting the ball home!

Yes, 2nd trophy this season to add to the Inter Shield

Wexford Rules
12/11/2006, 8:44 PM
Well done to Monaghan on a great season and also to Curracloe under fourteens and adult side who also collected Leinster trophies on the same day.
Well done to all and the runners up deserve credit for three great finals

Magicme
13/11/2006, 8:53 AM
Yeah was gutted for the Kilmore girls coz they thought they had equalised coz they couldnt hear the whistle over the airplane noise!

A wonderful season for the ladies and they will be celebrating in their own madcap fashion with an end of season party next fri nite.

Inter Shield and Leinster Junior Cup is not bad in their 1st year of football.