PDA

View Full Version : Financial Trouble At Tolka?

harpskid
04/11/2006, 9:36 AM
I see from the match report in this morning's Irish Times that the Shelbourne players didn't get paid last week and rumours in Tolka last night were that Fenlon could walk...

Amid rumours after the game that their manager might walk out in frustration over the non-payment of last week’s wages and, as of yesterday afternoon, none for this week either, it could have been much worse.

Terry
04/11/2006, 9:39 AM
not surprising really with the amount of money they are playing there solicitors to help win the league:)

Raheny Red
04/11/2006, 9:44 AM
I see from the match report in this morning's Irish Times that the Shelbourne players didn't get paid last week and rumours in Tolka last night were that Fenlon could walk...

I heard the same thing last night after the game..............

Da Real Rover
04/11/2006, 10:27 AM
maybe sean connor might be going to shels after all, an interesting coincedence how the timing is so similar.

chippie0001
04/11/2006, 11:03 AM
Heard this last night too. You can only imagine how Ollie will pay that wage bill for 4 months during the off season if he cannot pay it now. Maybe he will sell Tolka!

Anyway how many days before we hear about his investor again. We heard it was a matter of weeks away 3 times this season, when the revenue were going to court, when the players were not getting paid around inter toto time and when Fenlon was rumoured to be leaving. Amazing how the investor still has not come on board. :rolleyes:

Celdrog
04/11/2006, 11:19 AM
Heard this last night too. You can only imagine how Ollie will pay that wage bill for 4 months during the off season if he cannot pay it now. Maybe he will sell Tolka!
Thought he already had:confused:

John83
04/11/2006, 11:30 AM
I'm awaiting the press release from Comical Ollie before I panic. Everything's probably fine. I'm sure the board have it all in hand...

BTW, here's Ollie's statement (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=468) from two months ago, when the Revenue withdrew their winding up order. I still find that statement about "securing the Donnelly family interest sin Tolka Park" interesting.

Philo
04/11/2006, 11:34 AM
Investor? Ha ha ha ha... more like OB sold one of his shady FAI-related "business interests".

LeixlipRed
04/11/2006, 12:57 PM

Jesus, your a intelligent chap. How the hell do any team play their players during the closed season?? Through advertising revenue that was already budgeted for. How did Bohs play their players last closed season chippie? Home gates from U13 games was it?

chippie0001
04/11/2006, 1:05 PM
Jesus, your a intelligent chap. How the hell do any team play their players during the closed season?? Through advertising revenue that was already budgeted for. How did Bohs play their players last closed season chippie? Home gates from U13 games was it?
You as usual for a Shels fan are missing my point. You cannot pay the wages during the actual season, when you have the most money. 2 weeks now and players with no money. This not for the first time. If Shels are so good at their budgets then why is this?

As for your second question, we pay with car park rent, bar revenue and members subs. Hope that explains it for you well enough, but notice we are not in the papers cause we cannot pay our bills now. :rolleyes:

Poor Student
04/11/2006, 1:19 PM

Evidently you haven't budgeted correctly so far this season.

hoopy
04/11/2006, 1:36 PM
I assume the clubs had to show projected budgets when they made their presentations. Just shows what a joke that'll turn out to be as well

LeixlipRed
04/11/2006, 1:38 PM
Evidently you haven't budgeted correctly so far this season.

How was anyone to know that the Dublin City mess and cancelled games due to European ties would leave us without a home gate for 5 weeks? Plus this rumour was only exactly that, a "rumour"

Soper
04/11/2006, 1:43 PM
Wow, Ollie has the fans well trained!

LukeO
04/11/2006, 2:48 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer club... :rolleyes:

How was anyone to know that the Dublin City mess and cancelled games due to European ties would leave us without a home gate for 5 weeks? Plus this rumour was only exactly that, a "rumour"

Don't be so naive. :rolleyes:

Ceirtlis
04/11/2006, 3:25 PM
Pat Fenlon said last night when he was interviewed on the radio staight after the match that it had been a very hard week for the players saying that he wasnt talking about the Bohs replay thing. I presume this is what he was talking about.

Aaron
04/11/2006, 3:28 PM

Not having a home gate isnt an excuse, you dont have a big support to get a good home gate to pay wages

bohs til i die
04/11/2006, 4:05 PM

How does the Dublin City mess effect Shelbourne financially apart from losing one gate? Bohs lost rental income and had no home tie with Dublin City.

How do cancelled games for additional home games have a detrimental effect on your finances?

Sam Savic
04/11/2006, 7:17 PM
Unfortunately for Ollie, no planning permission will be given for Tolka until they have a legal lease on a ground. They are certainly a long way away from getting that in Morton Stadium.
Ollie will just have to ask his old mate for another loan. Will he get it? I'm not sure.

dublin15bohs
05/11/2006, 5:23 PM
Hope they just die it would be so good for the league getting rid of all that bad PR any guess on how many out of contract players will leave

BohsPartisan
05/11/2006, 5:29 PM
A league without Ollie would be a wonderful thing. It would be a pity for the Shels fans if the club went under but getting rid of Ollie would brighten up my day...week...month...year...life.
Swap Ollie for Ronan Seerey and we'll all be happy. Say what you want about Seerey, at least he cares about the game.

Macy
06/11/2006, 7:18 AM
Swap Ollie for Ronan Seerey and we'll all be happy. Say what you want about Seerey, at least he cares about the game.
It was seery who first took the issue of a replay to the FAI, after CHF didn't get into the playoff. He didn't succeed, but it extended the season for us and Harps. Niether bring anything positive to the league imo.

Stato
06/11/2006, 7:57 AM

Just for your info, Pats have had separate periods of 6 weeks and 4 weeks without a home game this season. Haven't heard about them having problems paying wages.

bohs til i die
06/11/2006, 9:47 AM
A league without Ollie would be a wonderful thing. It would be a pity for the Shels fans if the club went under but getting rid of Ollie would brighten up my day...week...month...year...life.

Ollie is not really the problem though. I hate the fcuker but its the people running the FAI/EL that are the root cause of all things wrong with the domestic game

Peadar
06/11/2006, 10:24 AM
Ollie certainly didn't fold Dublin City FC and throw the league into turmoil. That was the start of all this rubbish. I hope no one associated with the running of that club is ever allowed near another league club in this country.

Dodge
06/11/2006, 11:10 AM
The Dublin City thing had NOTHING to do with Jason McGuinness or Sean hargan being suspended or played...

Agree that Seery shouldn't be allowed near football clubs though (Add him to the Duncan, Maguire and Plonk list)

dcfcsteve
06/11/2006, 11:37 AM

Two words.

Firstly : contingency. Any business that is riding so bare in its pants will eventually rip the arse out of them without contingency plans for any such events. Sh!t happens - you can't predict the nature of the sh!t, but you can certainly make plans for when it inevitably happens.

Secondly : Irrelevance. The timing of your home games only matters if your cash flow is absolutely fecked, which it shouldn't be mid-season. Anyways - if you had a decent relationship with your bank and really were in an awkward spot due to timings, they'd probably help you out on the understanding that roughly the same money is still due to come in, just on different timings. Also - losing one home gate to Dublin City should not be make-or-break for a club in Shels's position.

Finally - as your crowds clearly show, gate receipts are a tiny, tiny part of Shels's income, so to claim a lack of home games has put your club on a financial precipice is just laughable.

pete
06/11/2006, 2:10 PM
Jesus, your a intelligent chap. How the hell do any team play their players during the closed season?? Through advertising revenue that was already budgeted for.

So Ollie is saving his cash now by not paying players so he can pay them in December & January?

:confused:

Paraic
06/11/2006, 2:39 PM
Ollie is just after nearly taking my kneecap of witha trolley at my local Tesco.

was the trolley flailing uncontrollably from side to side, taking lumps out of anyone/thing that stood in its way and being chased in a plume of smoke by a bunch of denim-clad, stetson-wearing sheriffs?

drinkfeckarse
06/11/2006, 2:53 PM
Ollie is just after nearly taking my kneecap of witha trolley at my local Tesco. The Idiot mumbled an apology.

Are you sure it was him? It could be libelous :p

OneRedArmy
06/11/2006, 3:06 PM
Are you sure it was him? It could be libelous :pOllie has just issued a statement stating that you retract your comment about him nearly running you over or face legal action.

He states you jumped in front of the trolley, driven by your hatred of all things Shelbourne, despite his warnings to the contrary.

Store Manager, Mr Don Ledaney has decided that you are to be penalised to the value of your weekly shopping.

In addition, he has ordered both you and Ollie need to re-perform your weekly shop within the next few days, in the interests of fair shopping.

John83
06/11/2006, 3:11 PM
Crikey, they'll have to extend the opening hours of the shopping centre for that to work.

dcfcsteve
06/11/2006, 3:13 PM
Ollie is just after nearly taking my kneecap of witha trolley at my local Tesco. The Idiot mumbled an apology.

Don't worry about that - what was in the trolley ?

Sour grapes and biter lemons ? An unfeasibly large amount of paraffin ? 10 litres of vodka ? Thousands of Rothmans - no wait, he gets those much cheaper elsewhere....

Fivesilver
06/11/2006, 3:16 PM
But does RT have to give back the shopping he already got and try to buy it again? Or is this only so that Ollie gets the chance for a bit more shopping so as to have more than his neighbours?

dcfcsteve
06/11/2006, 3:23 PM
But does RT have to give back the shopping he already got and try to buy it again? Or is this only so that Ollie gets the chance for a bit more shopping so as to have more than his neighbours?

He'll wait until the store closes to see how everyone else's shopping looks in comparison to his before deciding.

Apparently there was a young Northern fella in there earlier by the name of Hargan. He was mistakenly nabbed for shoplifting posh lettuce, before being released when he proved that it was all just a mistake by Tesco's security. If Oily isn't happy with his own lettuce purchase, he's going to raise a complaint about this to try to get Hargan to return the pack of middle-class lettuce that he'd bought earlier.

Ridden Rocket Solid.....

NY Hoop
06/11/2006, 3:29 PM
Anybody who brings the league into disrepute should have no place in it. Oily, seery, maguire and all the other charlatans should not be let within a mile of senior football in this country.

A convicted criminal is running one of the top clubs in the league and people are still making excuses for him. Oh dear:rolleyes:

KOH

passinginterest
08/11/2006, 2:03 PM
Not sure if this is right place for this post but heard today Glen Crowe is on way back to Bohs and Heary is going that way too. Also Bohs look certs to sign Fenn and are taking a major interest in Gamble. Money bags Bohs, now all they need is a manager and sounds like Fenlon is now interested again. Interesting.

BohsPartisan
08/11/2006, 3:16 PM
Where did you hear that?

passinginterest
08/11/2006, 3:41 PM
Basically just an overheard conversation. What with the season coming to an end it's time to start the transfer speculation. Oh and if Stephen Kenny goes to Dunfermline I'd be very surprised if a few of his former Bohs players didn't follow.

razor
08/11/2006, 3:53 PM
Oh and if Stephen Kenny goes to Dunfermline I'd be very surprised if a few of his former Bohs players didn't follow.Upon which you yourself Pat would be a shoe in for the Derry job.;) :D

passinginterest
09/11/2006, 9:41 AM
Well with my FAI Level 0 coaching certificate I'd have to be one of the most qualified contenders!

razor
09/11/2006, 10:17 AM
Well with my FAI Level 0 coaching certificate I'd have to be one of the most qualified contenders!But could they afford you? Large Salary, Large Jeep, Large House etc etc

BohsPartisan
09/11/2006, 1:42 PM
Wouldn't like to see them go bust but would be nice to see them to wallow in division one.