PDA

View Full Version : Any of these allowed under EL/FAI/UEFA/FIFA/Ollie rules

Celdrog
03/11/2006, 9:43 PM
Flares
Fireworks thrown into the Drogs fans
No segregation
Cash taken on the stiles

Thought none of these were allowed but the all took place at Tolka Park tonight. Ollie will probably look for a replay.

Aaron
03/11/2006, 9:45 PM
Sure he'll probably go to court for the two goals disallowed tonight!!

stickyjoe
03/11/2006, 9:53 PM
And several bottles thrown by both sets of fans........the keyboard warriors will have a field day.

as far as i know on the segregation shels fans were in the mainstand and lego for the last few games but the guards decided tonight to let drogs and shels in together at the same main stand end:confused:

Bluebeard
03/11/2006, 10:05 PM
Don't be silly.

The rules are quite clearly unclear on the issues, which should allow for an appeal on the part of the Offended Party (i.e. the party against which the claim has been made, based in Drumcondra) to claim negligence on the part of Someone Else, leading to the loss of a short term lead, qualifying the Offended Party to take three points from the Chief Offender (i.e. the most easily blameable side, or the closest rival for position), for attempting to gain unfair advantage over the Offending Party by deliberately setting out to win points on weekends, during which, owing to no fault of their own, the Offended Party has failed to register the maximum number available. However, should the Offended Party feel that an injustice has been done, provision is not ruled out against adding a further point. Should the Offended Party throw a double six, they then get to choose a striker from a nearby participant for free, plus take a Chance Card. Should the card say "Go Directly to Jail", they are entitled to appeal this by whining until they get their way.

However, should any side attempt to enforce these rules against the Offended Party, they then become the Morally and Unjustly Infringed Upon Party, which entitled them either (i)to relegate teams with squads of more than three good players to the First Division, or (ii) remove all the good players from that side until they are no longer a threat to the Moral and Just nature of the Morally and Unjustly Infringed Upon Party (i.e. the Gypsy-Stripping Principle).

It's all pretty straight forward, lads, you should know this by now. All the honest business men do.

fanatic
03/11/2006, 11:45 PM
Flares
No segregation
Cash taken on the stiles

Thought none of these were allowed but the all took place at Tolka Park tonight. Ollie will probably look for a replay.

Tolka Park should be renamed to something along the lines of Guantanamo Bay - clearly the rules dont apply to this ground or people who play here ???

pineapple stu
04/11/2006, 12:39 AM
The rules clearly lay down quite specific penalties for such instances, and then qualify them by saying that "any other penalty as may seem fit" is also allowed. The penalty was to listen to John Delaney sing "Hello my baby, hello my adrling, hello my rag time gal" into a PA system* for a while. So, in answer to your question - yes, of course it was allowed. And you owe me E3k for questioning it.

*- obscure Simpsons reference. Apologies.

dfx-
04/11/2006, 12:57 AM
I don't know about any of the others, but under Ollie rules, anything that benefits Shelbourne is allowed.

EireBadBoy
04/11/2006, 1:02 AM
In my opinion, for what it is worth, you are all just bad losers!

Shelbourne might win the league, and when they do they deserve to do so. I look forward to next season when the best team in the league, that won it on the pitch, represent us in the Champions League and will cheer them on whole heartedly along with Sheridan.

We might have all these qualms about legal if's and but's, at the end of the day the EL will only prosper with the greatest squad we have all (as EL fan's) witnessed put together take on the might the rest of Europe have to offer.

It's a dead on cert that the mighty Shels will get to the group stages and then who'll be complaining? Eh, who will complain then?

I love Shelbourne anyway so I'll be there, will you?

[How much text does sarcasm cover?] :eek:

Soper
04/11/2006, 9:53 AM
Derry play football better suited to Europe than Shels, in my opinion.

Raheny Red
04/11/2006, 9:54 AM
Flares
No segregation
Cash taken on the stiles

The chap who the let the flare off was removed immediately and thrown out (however, I think this chap is a blow-in from DCFC :confused: might be wrong). The fool who threw the firework was not seen so what do you expect to happen? :rolleyes: . It was a joke that you lot went into Section B, on your arrival into the ground there were a no. of Shels fans already in this area but yet you still ended up going there.........

iceman
04/11/2006, 10:06 AM
As far as i know the bottles were handed to the Garda Sergeant on duty and a complaint made. Han'nt heard anything this yet this morning about the two people that were injured but a complaint was also made about this. It was an absolute farce. Two words....brewery and p!ss-up!!!

Cosmo
04/11/2006, 10:11 AM
but the guards decided tonight to let drogs and shels in together at the same main stand end:confused:

Was talking to the guards before the match and at half time as it was a very strange decision. They said it was shels decision to put us in with their supporters!! At half time the guard I was talking to finally agreed that it was madness :rolleyes:

Btw shels should be heavily fined (and even points deducted :) ) for thier ****e security arrangements lastnight

Celdrog
04/11/2006, 11:31 AM
The chap who the let the flare off was removed immediately and thrown out (however, I think this chap is a blow-in from DCFC :confused: might be wrong)
As DCFC (presume you don't mean Derry) season tickets are valid in Tolka then he is now a Shels fan

The fool who threw the firework was not seen so what do you expect to happen?
A hefty fine for not controlling you fans and permitting serious unsafe practises inside the ground. So nobody at all saw him because he got a loud cheer after the bang went off.

It was a joke that you lot went into Section B, on your arrival into the ground there were a no. of Shels fans already in this area but yet you still ended up going thereIf your stewards had told us to go to the riverside we would have, but we were told to sit wherever we wanted. Look at Shelsweb for the last week and you will see several Drogs fans asking where we would be located.

holidaysong
04/11/2006, 11:44 AM
As DCFC (presume you don't mean Derry) season tickets are valid in Tolka then he is now a Shels fan

That is terrible logic!

ndrog
04/11/2006, 12:54 PM
The chap who the let the flare off was removed immediately and thrown out (however, I think this chap is a blow-in from DCFC :confused: might be wrong). The fool who threw the firework was not seen so what do you expect to happen? :rolleyes: . It was a joke that you lot went into Section B, on your arrival into the ground there were a no. of Shels fans already in this area but yet you still ended up going there.........

We still ended up going there because the idiots who were supposed to be doing security i.e stewards and the gardai told us to .It was your little schooligan scumbags who threw 2 fireworks into our section .One hitting a woman in the face and breaking her glasses .Then there were bottles hurled at us , and some shels fans tried to attack the supporters club bus .A good nights work for Shelbourne .Oh yeah Ollie verbally abused some Drogheda supporters as they left the ground , and the blatant disregard for health and safety as we were made leave through a tiny little exit down steps in total darkness .

hoopy
04/11/2006, 1:39 PM
Just a thought but would Drogheda fans have been put in the main stand for the benefit of tv to fill it up?

Martinho II
04/11/2006, 1:41 PM
i could not believe my eyes when I was watchin the match last nite and I saw the shels and drogs fans occupyin the same stand! a bunch of muppets these cops are! how come the vocal shels fans werent in their usual spot in the stand?

i was at the athlone galway match and the same trouble happened durin the game. have da guards security any sense whatsoever?

i am ashamed to be an eircom league fan at the moment!:o

iceman
04/11/2006, 1:52 PM
Just a thought but would Drogheda fans have been put in the main stand for the benefit of tv to fill it up?
It would appear so , when we saw the Richmond stand was occupied by Shels fans we made our way to the Riverside but were turned back.
When we complained to the Gardai about there being no segregation the sergeant on duty said that was a decision by Shelbourne FC and to sit "wherever we find a seat":confused:

Anto McC
04/11/2006, 2:22 PM
Was talking to the guards before the match and at half time as it was a very strange decision. They said it was shels decision to put us in with their supporters!! At half time the guard I was talking to finally agreed that it was madness :rolleyes:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=506

Anto McC
04/11/2006, 2:27 PM
Lads for the firework and the women amongst you who disagree with flares,i whole-heartedly apoplgise,i apologise for anyone who had any kind of a mix up with any of the small minority of our fans that are scum,i again apologise but for this

and the blatant disregard for health and safety as we were made leave through a tiny little exit down steps in total darkness

Your just looking for any excuse to use against Shels,get a grip!

The bottles came from both sets of fans by the way

shels should be heavily fined (and even points deducted ) for thier ****e security arrangements lastnight

Cosmo,you just can't be taken serious anymore :D

chippie0001
04/11/2006, 2:40 PM
In fairness I don't know what any of this surprises people. Shels have never taken security as a serious matter. After every game, they have fans on the pitch and on numerous time they have made their way over to oppisition fans to throw things at etc. All you have to do is look at their MB after nearly every home and away game these days and you can see the trouble some of their fans cause and nothing is done by their club. I know many Shels fans feel as frustrated by it as the rest but the plain fact is their club are doing nothing about it at all. Actually going by last night its getting worse not better.

Martinho II
04/11/2006, 3:03 PM

in other words speak for " we have to find other ways of gettin our points back" . ShelBURN have lost the plot completely- i would like to see the two people who got injured SUEING the club for negligence re stewarding.

the justice would be great if Shelbourne were heavily fined for this incident!

iceman
04/11/2006, 3:23 PM
Your just looking for any excuse to use against Shels,get a grip!

Fact!!!.....I was directed down there myself , the little set of steps behind the press-box. Total darkness , Health & Safety my @rse!!

nzamcdza
04/11/2006, 3:37 PM
sure they even attack their own fans!!

http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=7011

If shels dont do something soon they should be forced to play their home games behind closed doors.

There are now incidents at every single shels game!

Hibs4Ever
04/11/2006, 3:51 PM
Flares
No segregation
Cash taken on the stiles

Shels have been doing this everytime I've been over there. Cash thrown into the old Rover biscuit tin in the turnstile, no ticket given to the fan. Well dodgy, can't believe they getaway with it

John83
04/11/2006, 4:14 PM
Nice to see an acknowledgement. Too often, stuff like this is just swept under the carpet entirely. Still deserving of a fine, IMO.

John83
04/11/2006, 4:16 PM
Shels have been doing this everytime I've been over there. Cash thrown into the old Rover biscuit tin in the turnstile, no ticket given to the fan. Well dodgy, can't believe they getaway with it
Seems odd. Its not like you pay tax on gate receipts here, so there's no real benefit to having it off the books, is there?

Anto McC
04/11/2006, 4:17 PM
Fact!!!.....I was directed down there myself , the little set of steps behind the press-box. Total darkness , Health & Safety my @rse!!

I wasn't doubting you,just pointing out that this is the Eircom League and yet you seem to be looking for Old Trafford or the San Siro?

EVERY single ground in this country (including Lansdowne rd) has health and safety issues,i find your complaint on this ridiculous

John83
04/11/2006, 4:21 PM
I wasn't doubting you,just pointing out that this is the Eircom League and yet you seem to be looking for Old Trafford or the San Siro?

EVERY single ground in this country (including Lansdowne rd) has health and safety issues,i find your complaint on this ridiculous
This is true. I have to admit, I find the main stand in Tolka to be about the worst of them. The steps are pretty bad, though it's hard to see what you can do about them; maybe railings in the middle, improved lighting and some rubber edging, but it all costs . :(

ndrog
04/11/2006, 7:26 PM

I find the fact that you are making light of this ridiculous .We are not looking for anything special, just not to be forced out of a tiny little exit in pitch darkness, after having fireworks thrown at us by little scumbags .The fact that they tried to seperate us after the match by leaving through different exits is just pathetic and insulting, after making us sit in the same stand with animals .

BohsFans
04/11/2006, 8:00 PM
the stewarding (in numbers) looked ridiculous from the TV. If we had a crowd of that size, there is 3 times (if not more) as many stewards on duty.
It all comes down to money with Ollie and where he can save the most!

Anto McC
05/11/2006, 12:42 AM
the stewarding (in numbers) looked ridiculous from the TV.

So how many stewards did you count then?

If we had a crowd of that size, there is 3 times (if not more) as many stewards on duty.
It all comes down to money with Ollie and where he can save the most!

If,my hole,you are out to have a dig at Ollie and Shels,you've done it,congratulations. I'll say this much though,jealousy is a terrible thing!

Anto McC
05/11/2006, 12:47 AM
I find the fact that you are making light of this ridiculous .We are not looking for anything special, just not to be forced out of a tiny little exit in pitch darkness, after having fireworks thrown at us by little scumbags .The fact that they tried to seperate us after the match by leaving through different exits is just pathetic and insulting, after making us sit in the same stand with animals .

We've all had experiences like this,as i said every ground in the country has health and safety issues and i don't want to get draw into a childish arguement the like of "well this happened to me the last time i was in united park" with a similar retort from you about Tolka.

BohsFans
05/11/2006, 1:22 AM
So how many stewards did you count then?

If,my hole,you are out to have a dig at Ollie and Shels,you've done it,congratulations. I'll say this much though,jealousy is a terrible thing!

1. a space after a ','

2. your hole :eek: no thanks :mad: :rolleyes:

BohsFans
05/11/2006, 1:24 AM
also it's not a dig, it's fact. There's rules etc on the ratio of stewards to fans at games, something at Bohemian FC we follow very strictly and something at your small minded club you don't!

Stato
05/11/2006, 6:44 AM
Some key management and security personnel were delayed arriving at Tolka Park last night and the correct segregation plans were not implemented.

That has to be the saddest attempt at making an excuse I've ever heard.

All clubs, under the FAI Club Licensing scheme, have to have an Event Controller, Deputy Event Controller, Safety Officer and Deputy Safety Officer. Many clubs have more than one person to fill each role (I believe Pats have five or six qualified Event Controllers and rotate the role throughout the season). Are Shels claiming all of these people were delayed? Are they also claiming that none of them had a mobile phone and therefore could not be contacted to see what the plans actually were?

It is normal practice for clubs to organise an event control meeting at least one week in advance of any fixture. At that meeting the event control plan is outlined and agreed by both clubs (if the away team send someone to the meeting) and the Gardaí. If this happened at Shelbourne then surely someone at the ground would have been aware of the segregation arrangements.

And to clarify something, the Gardaí have no responsibility for stewarding or segregation in grounds, that's the job of the home club once it's been agreed at the event control meeting. The Gardaí are there to assist the stewards in doing their job and to carry out arrests for any public order offences.

The Sheliban
05/11/2006, 7:11 AM
Not wishing to make light of the incidents made at the beginning of the thread, but a couple of points.
Shels fans and Drogs fans have traditionally got on well both in Tolka and in Drogheda (okay a few minor incidents apart). There has never been much need for segregation, but it would be sad to see the respect between the fans tarnished by the act of one eejit.
As regards the flare, yes, fair enough, it happens at many grounds, despite requests to the contrary. If the League are going to fine, as they have done, they should fine everybody.
Regarding the firework, that was totally inexcusable. Someone must know who it is. Criminal proceedings should be taken.
It appears to me that because of the replay affair, every gripe against Shels that comes up is going to lead to a round of "one rule for them, one rule for the rest" abuse. Every ground I go to, I have a gripe of some sort, but this is Ireland. You don't kick the trying man. I don't expect my bags to be carried onto a plane just because they do that at United.

Anto McC
05/11/2006, 9:47 AM
also it's not a dig, it's fact. There's rules etc on the ratio of stewards to fans at games, something at Bohemian FC we follow very strictly and something at your small minded club you don't!

1. a space after a ','

Apologies if i sound like Jeremy Paxman here but you still haven't answered the question,how many stewards did you count?

BohsFans
05/11/2006, 3:54 PM
Apologies if i sound like Jeremy Paxman here but you still haven't answered the question,how many stewards did you count?

How many were on duty?

That should be known officially. I've got an est. of WHAT I SAW alright.

also did anyone else see what looked to be the remains of a batter saugage been thrown on the pitch in the first few mins of the game from the 'trouble end'?

Anto McC
05/11/2006, 4:44 PM
How many were on duty?

That should be known officially. I've got an est. of WHAT I SAW alright

I don't know how many were on duty but i didn't make a remark about how many (or little) there was!

So i'll ask you again,you said "the stewarding (in numbers) looked ridiculous",so how many stewards did you count?

BohsFans
05/11/2006, 9:35 PM
I don't know how many were on duty but i didn't make a remark about how many (or little) there was!

So i'll ask you again,you said "the stewarding (in numbers) looked ridiculous",so how many stewards did you count?

10 max

ndrog
06/11/2006, 12:20 PM
We've all had experiences like this,as i said every ground in the country has health and safety issues and i don't want to get draw into a childish arguement the like of "well this happened to me the last time i was in united park" with a similar retort from you about Tolka.

Thats just fine anto. Lets just pretend it didnt happen .One final point, when have you had a firework thrown at you in United park ?

garyderry
06/11/2006, 12:40 PM
Thats just fine anto. Lets just pretend it didnt happen .One final point, when have you had a firework thrown at you in United park ?

been going to united park for well over 12 years as a derry fan and never once have i seen any issues ir hassles with the drogs fans, and no matter what the results always welcoming afetr in the bar,

except the stewards taken the meag phone of someone for making too much noise :D but $hel$ fans would hardly no anything about too much noise would they

dcfcsteve
06/11/2006, 12:57 PM
That is terrible logic!

How ?? If a Dublin City season ticket is accepted at Tolka as a means of entry without paying cash, and gets you into the Shels end, how is it illogical to treat someone holding one as effectively the same as a Shels season-ticket holder ?

Dublin City no longer exist and weren't playing at Tolka on Friday night, so the said person can't be considered a fan of them anyway.

Tolka is by-far the worst ground in the league for consistet security issues. The ground should be refused a UEFA license for next year until proper workable security arrangements are introduced.

John83
06/11/2006, 1:01 PM
Tolka is by-far the worst ground in the league for consistet security issues. The ground should be refused a UEFA license for next year until proper workable security arrangements are introduced.
That's daft talk. Clubs can only be refused licences for key issues like using the wrong colour pen for their submission, or impending financial doom.

Actually, scrap that last one.

holidaysong
06/11/2006, 1:48 PM
How ?? If a Dublin City season ticket is accepted at Tolka as a means of entry without paying cash, and gets you into the Shels end, how is it illogical to treat someone holding one as effectively the same as a Shels season-ticket holder ?

If Dundalk FC go bust tomorrow and Drogheda United let me in for free does that make me a Drogheda fan? :eek: I think not. :)

ndrog
06/11/2006, 2:35 PM
If Dundalk FC go bust tomorrow and Drogheda United let me in for free does that make me a Drogheda fan? :eek: I think not. :)

your welcome any time mate :)

Bravo
06/11/2006, 2:49 PM
So after all the debate what’s decided?

Summary to date: Under Olly rules section 5 subsection 5.1.2.3 .

Any illegal act committed while Shelbourne FC are involved in a competitive fixture will automatically result in the other Team forfeiting all entitlements to points relating to that fixture (Particularly in Tolka park and regardless of the origin of the perpetrators) & any teams of an enhanced status may also be penalised.

In this case it is ruled that the detonation of illegal Fireworks is equal to the fielding of an illegal player and therefore, Drogheda loose the 3 points & Derry will have 3 players suspended for their upcoming fixture against Drogheda on Tuesday night.
The Shels fan who light the firework is promoted to event controller in Tolka Park!! :D

Anto McC
06/11/2006, 5:49 PM

I wasn't talking about the firework,read my opening first post in this thread and if you are still intent on arguing,come back to me!