PDA

View Full Version : Ollie To Sue DCFC Fan!!!!

nzamcdza
03/11/2006, 3:13 PM
Derry fan Ayianapakev said on the official shels forum:

Quote:
Just so as not to start another damn thread, but your esteemed leader was on Radio Foyle in Derry today with a Bohs rep (Gerry Cuffe I believe?) and accused Bohs of deliberately playing McGuinness due to their hatred of Shels and Oilly personally.

Given the Nazi-esque control of the press policy being recently pursued by Merrion Square surely this will result in a "bringing the game into disrepute" charge against Oilly unless proven, swiftly followed by a lawsuit for defamation by Bohs.

He also urged Derry to "hand back" the 3 points we didn't win against Dublin City. Which I think we'll all agree is absurd.

The mod in the shels forum replied with this:

Quote:
Mr Oilly Byrne, CEO $heliban, has read the above message and takes great exception to it.

He did not make any such accusation as alleged above.

He spoke to Mr Richie Kelly the presenter of the sports programme on Radio Foyle, this morning, and together they listened to a tape of the show and a transcript is being made available. Mr Kelly agrees that no such accusations as you allege, were made.

Ayianapakev, Mr Byrne will accept your retraction of the above post and an apology, posted here.

Otherwise, he will pursue a charge of defamation of his character, against you.

I reckon we all go on and post the exact same thing, lets see him sue every single fan for defamation!!

Da Real Rover
03/11/2006, 3:16 PM
watch out, watch out, the tax mans about!!

BohsPartisan
03/11/2006, 3:18 PM
Say something about cigarette smuggling. He can't sue you for that because its true.

Peadar
03/11/2006, 3:34 PM
In fairness, if the guy didn't say it, then he's entitled to be annoyed. It would be very easy to retract the allegation and move on.

wws
03/11/2006, 3:37 PM
typical loolah derry city rubbish
sue the git and be done with it
sure he can always employ hargans lawyer

nzamcdza
03/11/2006, 3:40 PM
Come on, how many times are people misquoted or given stick on the internet. If every time that happened the manager / chairman threatened to sue you would have to close all football forums!!

And as far as i know he did say it, the radio show will be online soon so we will all be able to make our own minds up.

DmanDmythDledge
03/11/2006, 3:48 PM
And as far as i know he did say it, the radio show will be online soon so we will all be able to make our own minds up.
If he said anything that would get him in trouble he would demand that it be edited out.

nzamcdza
03/11/2006, 3:50 PM
the radio show should have went online last night but it still hasnt been uploaded, the rumors have started already, ollie threatening to sue the bbc if they dare publish what he said...

BohsPartisan
03/11/2006, 4:00 PM
He can't sue them for publishing something he said in an interview he gave them. This guy is a cancer on Irish football.

soccerc
03/11/2006, 4:02 PM
A strange and tricky one this.

Legally the publishers, in this case Shelsweb, the offiical website of Shelbourne FC, the contributor and the distributors,(ISP) are liable for any libel, defamation or slander, joinltly and separately.

Shelsweb should have immediately removed the post once it was brought to their attention but they chose to leave it in the public domain.

Speaking to a legal eagle on this matter he was minded to advise that by not removing the offending words the case would, if there was one to answer, have very limite dlegal recourse.

I dunno!

Jerry The Saint
03/11/2006, 4:04 PM
This guy is a cancer on Irish football.

Breaking News: Cancer threatens to sue BohsPartisan for defamation of character.:eek:

Réiteoir
03/11/2006, 4:13 PM
Breaking News: Cancer threatens to sue BohsPartisan for defamation of character.:eek:

Dear Mr BohsPartisanSir
I am lawyer, Mr Ukendo Oliseh, from Lagos, Nigeria.
I will take your case against Cancer
Please send me your bank account details to me at: oliseh@takethemoneyandrun.ng and I will transfer my fees from there

Hi 5!

Peadar
03/11/2006, 4:15 PM
Come on, how many times are people misquoted or given stick on the internet. If every time that happened the manager / chairman threatened to sue you would have to close all football forums!!

The guy deliberately went onto the forum of another club to allege something about the chairman of that club. If it's untrue, Mr. Byrne is within his rights to take action.

kdjaC
03/11/2006, 4:24 PM
Please god provide a link :D

As recent cases prove Soccerc is spot on, its the site that gets sued for what the user says so Ollie gonna sue Shelsweb :D

LOL this gets funneir and funner.

kdjac

pineapple stu
03/11/2006, 4:29 PM
Link. (http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6990)

The Sheliban
03/11/2006, 4:33 PM
Not saying the guy's a saint, but good God, every time he's in the papers / on radio / on TV, there are people who will try and twist and turn everything he says to try and prove he's the antichrist.

I would imagine the defamation threat would simply to emphasise the point that the poster was telling lies. If he merely said "I didn't say that," it wouldn't have got the coverage.

On the other end, maybe it might help to curb some of the sh1t spoken on here and other forums.

sonofstan
03/11/2006, 5:09 PM
If BBC Foyle ever do put it up, there's a really scary piece of music just waiting to be made using samples of Ol'(lie) DB in full flow

garyderry
03/11/2006, 5:39 PM
Dont call his bluff !

that would depend a lot on what is on the tape doenst it :D :D :D

BohsFans
03/11/2006, 5:47 PM
your mans a solicitor :D this just gets better and better :p

EireBadBoy
03/11/2006, 6:32 PM
It's all a wile pile of craic altogether!

Dodge
03/11/2006, 6:45 PM
Not saying the guy's a saint, but good God, every time he's in the papers / on radio / on TV, there are people who will try and twist and turn everything he says to try and prove he's the antichrist.

I would imagine the defamation threat would simply to emphasise the point that the poster was telling lies. If he merely said "I didn't say that," it wouldn't have got the coverage.

On the other end, maybe it might help to curb some of the sh1t spoken on here and other forums.

If Ollie said nothing, nobody would've batted an eyelid as he's been accused of far worse things on the internet. The fact he chose to challenge htis one suggests at the very least that he's an idiot

pól-dcfc
03/11/2006, 7:23 PM
Suggests?

dublin15bohs
03/11/2006, 8:07 PM
small minded club with a small minded idiot in charge just incase ollie reads this im a bit strapped for cash any chance of some cheap smokes.

green-blood
03/11/2006, 8:17 PM
well lets hear this interview and see this transcript, if he didnt sday it, then the derry fan should retract it. If he did, he should be ashamed and he should be doubly ashamed for the course of action taken by shelsw.... who is who btw, I wonder what the w stands for???

The Sheliban
03/11/2006, 9:34 PM
drivel

And people have the nerve to call Ollie an eejit?????

monzo
04/11/2006, 1:57 PM
It's all a wile pile of craic altogether!

Indeed. :D

Never a dull moment in this League!

Anto McC
05/11/2006, 12:36 AM
http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=7020

BohsFans
05/11/2006, 1:33 AM
http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=7020

Maybe he's covering himself til he gets the transcript (which the ob is already privy to), or maybe he jumped the gun? We'll see, I haven't heard it.

Mr_Parker
06/11/2006, 7:34 AM
A strange and tricky one this.

Legally the publishers, in this case Shelsweb, the offiical website of Shelbourne FC, the contributor and the distributors,(ISP) are liable for any libel, defamation or slander, joinltly and separately.

Shelsweb should have immediately removed the post once it was brought to their attention but they chose to leave it in the public domain.

Speaking to a legal eagle on this matter he was minded to advise that by not removing the offending words the case would, if there was one to answer, have very limite dlegal recourse.

I dunno!

I presume the DCFC poster lives north of the border which would add further difficulties in persuing a case.

Strabane_Harp
06/11/2006, 5:36 PM
Ollie Byrne Kicked my dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go on sue me :D

Red&White
07/11/2006, 7:33 AM
Ollie Byrne Kicked my dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go on sue me :D

Ollie Byrne Ate My Hamster!

Duffman
07/11/2006, 4:12 PM

:D Comedy Gold.

Poor ould Ollie, he always seems to get a raw deal.