Bulgaria 0-0 Croatia 4.00

Georgia 0-0 Russia 4.00

Éanna
12/10/2002, 4:21 PM
looks like christian dailly might be about to save berti vogts skin

Jim Smith
14/10/2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
looks like christian dailly might be about to save berti vogts skin Berti Vogts has done something that anyone who knows anything about football would have considered impossible - he actually made Scotland worse:eek:

Éanna
14/10/2002, 12:43 PM
Seems to be an extraordinary dearth of young players coming through for scotland right now, with the exception of Stephen Crainey and Shaun Moloney at Celtic maybe. Maybe Scotland about to go thru the same kind of "rebuilding" period Ireland had when Jack Charlton left?

Jim Smith
14/10/2002, 1:11 PM
Well a Glasgow U-14 school team recently beat your beloved Real U-14 team 6-3 so , while I know that they are only just 13, things might be improving.

For most of the 80's (and early into the nineties ?) industrial action meant that there was no extra-curricluar activity in Scottish state schools which meant the rise of 'boys clubs' who could take the best players in a region and put them into the one team. This resulted in a serious lack of competitiveness which proved disaterous for upcomming talent. If you like a generation of football was 'lost'. This, combined with the cancer of the evil twins, produced the dire state of the Scottish team in the nineties. Will things improve? I hope so because I'm too small minded and bigoted ever to entertain the notion of a 'combined' UK team.

On that note, if we have the FAI, the SFA etc should the medai not be referring to have the EFA rather than the FA?

Éanna
14/10/2002, 6:40 PM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
Well a Glasgow U-14 school team recently beat your beloved Real U-14 team 6-3 so , while I know that they are only just 13, things might be improving.
:p :D

I hope so because I'm too small minded and bigoted ever to entertain the notion of a 'combined' UK team.
Thats something that has always puzzled me- I fully accept that Scotland is a country, and would be more than acceptant of those Scots who seek independence, but (and same for Wales and "Northern" Ireland) why are countries which are not politically independent treated as such by FIFA. It´s a question more than anything? anyone know what kind of rules apply etc?

On that note, if we have the FAI, the SFA etc should the medai not be referring to have the EFA rather than the FA?
I imagine it´s because the actual initials of the groups are the FAI, SFA and FA