PDA

View Full Version : Sean "the liar" Connor

Dave drummerboy
03/11/2006, 11:00 AM
I heard from a very reliable source Dundalk FC went nuts when they heard Sean Connor had tapped up top scorer Philie Hughes FOUR WEEKS AGO asking Hughes not to sign with anybody because he had a brilliant deal for him AT A DUBLIN CLUB!!!............all this when Connor was still manager of Sligo.......what a liar Connor is..........................how can he take wages from Sligo when he has another job at a different club??

passerrby
03/11/2006, 11:11 AM
heard he linked to shels first time ive heard of a rat joining a sinking ship

dcfcsteve
03/11/2006, 11:17 AM
how can he take wages from Sligo when he has another job at a different club??

That's life. Happens all the time - and not just in football.

If you've never worked at one place/job whilst quietly sitting on an offer/contract for somewhere else, then it's probably only because you haven't been working long enough. Even public sector staff like teachers do this sort of thing.

Tapping up is, however, a very different thing.

Mr A
03/11/2006, 11:23 AM
Tapping up is, however, a very different thing.

I think Hughes is in the last few months of his deal, so it's perfectly legal for other clubs to talk to him.

And there's a fair bit of tapping up in the league as well, but it's very difficult to prove individual cases.

Dodge
03/11/2006, 11:25 AM
You basically can't sign players without tapping them up...

wws
03/11/2006, 11:43 AM
You basically can't sign players without tapping them up...

true - happens all the time in the el - they all know each other - very very close knit league

Dave drummerboy
03/11/2006, 12:11 PM
He found out he was rumbled and quickly left then .

Da Real Rover
03/11/2006, 12:15 PM
Any solid clarification on what Dublin club that might be???

dcfcsteve
03/11/2006, 12:35 PM
Any solid clarification on what Dublin club that might be???

Take your wildest guess......

Shedzer
03/11/2006, 12:39 PM
I heard from a very reliable source Dundalk FC went nuts when they heard Sean Connor had tapped up top scorer Philie Hughes FOUR WEEKS AGO asking Hughes not to sign with anybody because he had a brilliant deal for him AT A DUBLIN CLUB!!!............all this when Connor was still manager of Sligo.......what a liar Connor is..........................how can he take wages from Sligo when he has another job at a different club??

**** sake.... i didnt even think he'd do that to us

Magicme
03/11/2006, 12:55 PM
Pot Calling Kettle Black Dundalk Fans....last season ur beloved straight up club tapped up Hughes and Foy. Foy had more sense than to go to you. And you wonder why I cant stand Hughes? Could tell u other stories but he just aint worth the column inches it would generate.

Dave drummerboy
03/11/2006, 1:51 PM
How did we tap up anybody before the end of last season Magicme when we didn't have a manager at the end of last season as Gannon had long departed Oriel before the season ended!!............Tommy Connolly was in charge for the last few games and Gill was only appointed three weeks after the season ended....clown Magicme....

Magicme
03/11/2006, 1:54 PM
Dave...talk to Philly. It wasnt quite the end of season actually. Try bout Sept/Oct. And dont insult me coz u cant handle the truth.

Da Real Rover
03/11/2006, 2:28 PM
Take your wildest guess......

Its all a bit tits up, most are saying bohs but some are now saying fenlon will be going there and sean will be then going to shels, so yet again any solid clarification on what dublin club that might be???

dcfcsteve
03/11/2006, 2:38 PM
Its all a bit tits up, most are saying bohs but some are now saying fenlon will be going there and sean will be then going to shels, so yet again any solid clarification on what dublin club that might be???

Well obviously until O'Connor announce shis intentions there will be no "solid clarification" on anything. Meanwhile, we're stuck with conjecture as to what is likely to happen.

I was under the impression Fenlon had rejected Bohs, though could be wrong...

Rovers1
03/11/2006, 3:07 PM
very reliable source

:rolleyes:
is there anything 'reliable sources' dont know??
:mad:

Rovers1
03/11/2006, 3:09 PM
Well obviously until O'Connor

who? :confused:

CollegeTillIDie
03/11/2006, 11:16 PM
Ok can anybody enlighten me here? How can Neal Fenn be announced as sigining for Bohs, before the end of the season, BEFORE THE TRANSFER WINDOW has opened and it not be a clear instance of tapping up?

DmanDmythDledge
03/11/2006, 11:18 PM
Ok can anybody enlighten me here? How can Neal Fenn be announced as sigining for Bohs, before the end of the season, BEFORE THE TRANSFER WINDOW has opened and it not be a clear instance of tapping up?
I think his contract expires at the end of December, so clubs were free to speak with him, legally and without his club's consent, since the beginning of July.

CollegeTillIDie
03/11/2006, 11:22 PM
I think his contract expires at the end of December, so clubs were free to speak with him, legally and without his club's consent, since the beginning of July.

Ok but surely they should not announce it till the end of the season.

DmanDmythDledge
03/11/2006, 11:25 PM
It's perfectly within the rules so I don't see why they wouldn't. It was only a story in The Irish Sun anyway, so nothing official has been announced yet.

CollegeTillIDie
03/11/2006, 11:43 PM
It's perfectly within the rules so I don't see why they wouldn't. It was only a story in The Irish Sun anyway, so nothing official has been announced yet.

Ah yes the Organ of truth :D

LukeO
04/11/2006, 1:26 AM

No, clubs announce that they're signing players when their contracts expire all the time and there's no rule that stops them from doing otherwise. :rolleyes:

One example that springs to mind is when Liam Miller signed a pre-contract agreement for Man Utd and went down to Old Trafford for a photo shoot with Alex Ferguson.

Ah yes the Organ of truth :D

Har har har... hardy hardy har har... You're HILARIOUS, you should become a comedian... Wow... That really is some amazing, incredibly original material you've got there... You'll go far... :rolleyes: