PDA

View Full Version : Contracting at home

paul_oshea
03/11/2006, 9:56 AM
did an interview for an Investment Bank at home, i dont really know what the average daily rate is at home but on a pound for euro equal value it didnt seem great, what is the average rate for contracting in dublin?

Peadar
03/11/2006, 11:32 AM
Paul mate, the rates in Dublin are nothing compared to London.
Lets put it this way, if you charge £250 a day in London, you could probably expect €250 or less in Dublin. Just the way it is.

noby
03/11/2006, 12:11 PM
You have an investment bank at home? where is it, in the spare room?

paul_oshea
03/11/2006, 12:52 PM
You have an investment bank at home? where is it, in the spare room?

ha ha, very funny.....

ya peadar its equal 1:1 thats what I thought, but the rates themselves go quite high in london, starting on a little bit higher than ireland I reckon. I know there is no equivalent to the IR35 at home as well which should be a good thing, but I was just wondering what the average rate was at home....i spose it depends on experience as well but still!

Peadar
03/11/2006, 12:58 PM
It depends on a lot of things, Paul, demand being one of them.
We have a lot of openings for experienced C# programmers but all we get is graduates. Security is huge at the moment and I know guys getting €240 a day. (Cisco and Checkpoint experts)

paul_oshea
03/11/2006, 1:03 PM
ok thanks.

pete
06/11/2006, 1:55 PM
Almost all the IT (QA) contract CVs i see these days are looking for effectively double what the same permanent role would get.

I think people in IT with certain demand skills are going contractinbg to maxmise the return. I don't know if that translates into Financials...

paul_oshea
06/11/2006, 3:00 PM
i got a good calculator from an umbrella contracting company. i have to say its a very healthy sum when you consider relocation expense, max pension, laptop, phone, broadband etc as expenses, half of the expenses that are expensable at home aren't in the uk.