PDA

View Full Version : Gaelic Telecom?

Lionel Ritchie
02/11/2006, 6:05 PM
Anyone else get an introductory letter from these people today? Quickly followed by two phone calls (to my ex-directory home landline number) from a woman with a northern accent saying she was phoning on behalf of the county Limerick schools I could be helping to 'teach and promote our national games' (paraphrasing) or words to that effect -consistent with their literature.

I said I'd read the literature, wasn't interested and requested she remove my name from their list. She hung up.

They claim they've GAA endorsement and have a message of support from the gaa prsident nicky whatsisface on their website.

rasper
02/11/2006, 7:32 PM
yea got one of them was very nice to her i told her i was tied to a contract withbt and told her i wasn't interested she told me i was after wasting her time and she hung up

dcfc_1928
02/11/2006, 9:46 PM
They have a call centre in Armagh - it is legitimate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/5117640.stm

"The Imagine group supplies business services in the Republic of Ireland and is currently signing more than 1,800 residential customers a week through Gaelic Telecom, its partnership with the Gaelic Athletic Association.

It also operates under the trading names Access Telecom, Imagine Broadband and Imagine Mobile."

Lionel Ritchie
02/11/2006, 10:27 PM
yea got one of them was very nice to her i told her i was tied to a contract withbt and told her i wasn't interested she told me i was after wasting her time and she hung up

Charming. I don't suppose you got a chance to remind her that she phoned you.:D I know I didn't.

Yer one who phoned me and was initially as nice as pie -like she knew me -all first names and how are you's -distinctly avoided mentioning that she was from Gaelic Telecom. I had to ask her (I actually had the flyer in my hand when she rang) if it was this crowd she represented.

It looks like a bit of a swizz from my reading of it. Doesn't appear to be any saving in it I can see and I doubt the bogballers will see much moola from it either. poor diddums.

Macy
03/11/2006, 7:41 AM
I just tell them I work for eircom when they phone - stumps them all the time. :D

dcfcsteve
06/11/2006, 1:04 PM
I bet if you asked Gaelic Telecom to provide you with bills and communication 'as Gaeilge' (i.e. the national language, so beloved by the GAA) that they'd tell you to go do one.....