PDA

View Full Version : FAI to announce major new sponsorship agreement

A face
02/11/2006, 4:58 PM
FAI to announce major new sponsorship agreement

The Football Association of Ireland will announce details of its largest ever sponsorship agreement on Friday, November 3, in Dublin. The ground-breaking sponsorship contract will benefit the FAI until the year 2014. Officials are not prepared to elaborate on the other details of the new agreement before tomorrow’s official announcement.

They stress, however, that as well as covering the senior international team, the contract will apply to all levels of football from grassroots upwards - schoolboys, schools, underage, junior, colleges & universities and intermediate sections. The agreement will be the biggest sponsorship contract in Irish sport.

Taken from www.fai.ie (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1360)

A face
02/11/2006, 5:00 PM
Absolutely not mention of the Domestic League in there as beneficiaries of this sponsorship .... I have a bad bad feeling on this. :o :( :mad:

WeAreRovers
02/11/2006, 5:04 PM
See you all at the press conference. Scarves over faces, sponsors logos all over the place, egg on Delaney's face (literally and metaphorically) job done.

KOH

BohDiddley
02/11/2006, 6:27 PM
They've made a fresh statement saying it will all levels.
The statement then goes on to list all levels.
Well, not quite, it goes on to list all levels, except one.
Can you guess which one?

Celdrog
02/11/2006, 6:41 PM
Who's the new sponsor - Fossets Circus?

Student Mullet
02/11/2006, 6:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but is Umbro not already signed up untill 2010? Is this announcing a distant extention to a deal already in place? A well timed piece of good press?

Kildare Lad
02/11/2006, 7:14 PM
Will it be like a new sponsor as in Adidas, Nike, Umbro etc.?

Or A new one in place of eircom?

Dodge
02/11/2006, 7:31 PM
Absolutely not mention of the Domestic League in there as beneficiaries of this sponsorship .... I have a bad bad feeling on this. :o :( :mad:

Thats a good thing. We need a sponsor of our own. ONe who may put some effort into the league. Eircom concentrated on the international team to the detriment of all other advertising...

gael353
02/11/2006, 8:40 PM
Id love to see that shaggin EIRCOM deal go. The only national jersey in the world where you have to buy it with a sponsor on it :( get rid of the fcukers and have an unsoiled national jersey please!

Dodge
02/11/2006, 9:22 PM
Id love to see that shaggin EIRCOM deal go. The only national jersey in the world where you have to buy it with a sponsor on it :( get rid of the fcukers and have an unsoiled national jersey please!

Never ever going to happen again

TonyD
03/11/2006, 12:50 PM
They've made a fresh statement saying it will all levels.
The statement then goes on to list all levels.
Well, not quite, it goes on to list all levels, except one.
Can you guess which one?

So the National League is not included in all levels of football eh? So what the hell are we all watching every week then ? The FAI's neverending capacity to surprise with their ineptitude is reaching genuis levels at this stage.

dcfcsteve
03/11/2006, 1:07 PM
I heard from a reliable source that the deal is with Disney, revolving around the Jim Henson franchise.

As a result - from 2007 onwards the Ireland top will have the brand-name 'Muppets' emblazoned across it. A new interview backdrop with the brand-name featured heavily on it will also be installed in Merrion Square.

The league is indeed involved in the deal, and from the 2008 season onwards will be known as 'The FAI Muppet League'.

You heard it here first.....

Dodge
03/11/2006, 1:15 PM
Umbro sponsoring loads of little competitions and extending their kit deal with the FAI representative sides

A face
03/11/2006, 1:32 PM
I heard from a reliable source that the deal is with Disney, revolving around the Jim Henson franchise.

As a result - from 2007 onwards the Ireland top will have the brand-name 'Muppets' emblazoned across it. A new interview backdrop with the brand-name featured heavily on it will also be installed in Merrion Square.

The league is indeed involved in the deal, and from the 2008 season onwards will be known as 'The FAI Muppet League'.

You heard it here first.....

Its time to start the music ...... its time to light the lights ..... its time to get things started ........ its time to get things started !! :p

Maynard
03/11/2006, 2:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but is Umbro not already signed up untill 2010? Is this announcing a distant extention to a deal already in place? A well timed piece of good press?

Bingo!:(

Umbro extend their deal with the FAI until 2014...WOW:rolleyes: Think I have to sit down now...

Da Real Rover
03/11/2006, 2:49 PM
Its time to start the music ...... its time to light the lights ..... its time to get things started ........ its time to get things started !! :p

More like time to get Retarded.

Jerry The Saint
03/11/2006, 4:08 PM
The Children's Television Workshop League?

Today's football match was brought to you by the letters F and U.

Réiteoir
03/11/2006, 5:36 PM
Today's football match was brought to you by the letters F and U.

And the number -3

You can see a replay of today's show as a matter of urgency

CollegeTillIDie
03/11/2006, 11:12 PM
...... Rainy day , and the clouds are grey/ On my way to where there are bright lights in the air/ Can you tell me how to get ? How to get to Sesame Square? ........:D Sorry no.80 Merrion Square....

Let me see we have Big Bird Delaney.... which one's Kermit? :D